The price of refined oil has risen, sea freight has risen, and air freight has risen. Now the container trailer industry will also usher in the first wave of price increases.
According to the monitoring of the Price Monitoring Center of the National Development and Reform Commission, international oil prices have risen sharply during this round of refined oil price adjustment cycle (September 20-October 8). According to the National Development and Reform Commission, a new round of refined oil price adjustment window opened at 24:00 on October 9.
The price of London Brent crude oil futures broke through US$80 per barrel, reaching the highest point since October 2018; the price of WTI crude oil futures in New York hit the highest point since October 2014, and oil prices in the two cities have risen by 62% and 67% respectively this year.
Affected by this, the retail prices of domestic gasoline and diesel will increase accordingly. Gasoline is raised by 345 yuan per ton, and diesel is raised by 330 yuan per ton. National average: 92 gasoline is increased by 0.27 yuan per liter; 95 gasoline is increased by 0.29 yuan per liter; 0 diesel is increased by 0.28 yuan per liter.
Since the beginning of this year, there have been 19 rounds of domestic refined oil price adjustments, showing a situation of “13 ups, three downs and three strands”. As of this round of price adjustments, the price of gasoline has been increased by 1,700 yuan per ton and the price of diesel has been increased by 1,635 yuan per ton.
The sharp increase in oil prices has brought huge cost pressures to shipping companies. At present, major port transportation industry associations such as Shanghai, Ningbo, and Shenzhen, and Xiamen Modern Logistics Chamber of Commerce have successively issued relevant notices. It is recommended that all parties understand and support, and negotiate the increase in freight rates in a friendly manner. Maintain the stable development of the industry.
- Shanghai’s proposal is based on 2020, requiring an increase of about 21% in freight costs to stabilize the increased costs. -2021/10/9
- The recent sharp increase in oil prices has led to a 70% increase in oil costs per 100 kilometers. According to industry veterans, it is necessary to increase the freight by about 21% to stabilize the increased costs of rising oil prices, and oil prices will continue to rise further.
- Xiamen’s proposal is based on 2021, and the operating cost will rise to 1 yuan per vehicle-kilometer (including return trips). -2021/10/9
- On September 18, 2020, the wholesale price of Sinopec No. 0 diesel was 5950 yuan per ton. On October 6, 2021, the wholesale price of Sinopec’s diesel was 7460 yuan per ton. In September, the wholesale price of Sinopec No. 0 diesel oil increased by 1305 yuan per ton in September of this year, which translates into a 1.1 yuan per liter increase.
- Ningbo’s suggestion is to negotiate friendly with customers.
- The Container Transportation Branch of Ningbo Transportation Association issued an announcement on the 11th, stating that the retail price of No. 0 diesel in Zhejiang has risen from 5.55 yuan/liter at the beginning of the year to 6.95 yuan/liter, an increase of 25%.
- Shenzhen’s suggestion is to negotiate friendly with customers.
- The Shenzhen Container Shipping Association issued an announcement on the 9th that the highest wholesale price of No. 0 diesel this year has been raised from 6,375 yuan/ton to 7,830 yuan/ton, an increase of 22.82%. It is expected that the sea will increase further in the next phase.
Leave A Comment