- PayU GPO: According to the 2023 Latin American e-commerce report released, sales increased by 2.8 times from 2019 to 2023, and the number of transactions increased by 3.1 times.
- Global ship orders decreased by 59% year-on-year. Recently, according to data from Clarksons, a British shipbuilding and shipping industry analysis agency, global ship orders in September were 1.86 million corrected gross tons (CGT), a year-on-year decrease of 59%. Among them, the orders received by China and South Korea were 17.99 million CGT (726 ships) and 7.42 million CGT (168 ships) respectively, accounting for 60% and 25% respectively.
- Ministry of Industry and Information Technology: From July to August, the country’s total lithium battery production exceeded 180GWh, a year-on-year increase of 23%. In the lithium battery sector, the output of energy storage lithium batteries exceeds 33GWh, and the installed capacity of power lithium batteries for new energy vehicles is approximately 67GWh. Export trade continues to grow. From July to August, the country’s total lithium battery exports reached 76.57 billion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 17%.
- This year’s “Golden Nine and Silver Ten” steel market’s downstream digestion is weaker than the same period. During the Double Festival, in the domestic large steel trading markets such as Tangshan Xiaobali Steel Market and Foshan Lecong Steel World, most steel traders are on vacation. There are three days of vacation, and some steel traders have five to seven days of vacation.
- Six departments including the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology: recently jointly issued the “Action Plan for the High-Quality Development of Computing Infrastructure”. By 2025, in terms of computing power, the scale of computing power will exceed 300 EFLOPS, the proportion of intelligent computing power will reach 35%, and the computing power of the east and west will develop in a balanced manner. In terms of carrying capacity, the national hub node data center clusters have basically achieved direct network transmission with a latency no higher than 1.5 times the theoretical delay, and the optical transport network (OTN) coverage in key application sites has reached 80%.
- China Southern Power Grid: As of September, the installed capacity of non-fossil energy in the five southern provinces has reached 270 million kilowatts, accounting for 59% of the total installed power supply, and will exceed 60% by the end of the year; the installed capacity of new energy has exceeded 100 million kilowatts, accounting for 24% of the total installed power supply. New energy installed capacity doubled compared with 2020.
- Ministry of Industry and Information Technology: From January to August, the national output of household refrigerators was 62.973 million units, a year-on-year increase of 14.5%; the output of room air conditioners was 177.45 million units, a year-on-year increase of 16.5%; the output of household washing machines was 64.607 million units, a year-on-year increase of 23.6%.
- Citigroup: Sold mainland China’s personal banking wealth management business, including accounts, deposits and related financial products held by individual customers, to HSBC China. The transaction totals approximately US$3.6 billion in personal deposits and personal financial management assets. The specific terms of the transaction were not disclosed. The transaction is expected to close in the first half of 2024.
- Didi: In recent communications with a number of investment institutions, it was revealed that in the next three years, Didi has set daily order growth targets for its Chinese travel business, with a planned growth of 45% in 2023 and annual growth in 2024 and 2025. 10%-15%. This is the second time Didi has reiterated its growth plan after proposing the “0188” target in 2020.
- Honor: Currently in talks with three contract manufacturers in India to produce Honor phones in India. Production of Honor phones in India is expected to begin from January to March 2024. Honor has invested Rs 400 crore to establish operations and distribution network in India.
- Samsung Electronics and SK Hynix: On October 9, local time, the South Korean President’s Office informed that the United States has agreed to allow Samsung Electronics and SK Hynix to provide equipment to its factories in China without the need for other permissions.
- Lazada: vigorously recruiting sellers affected by the Indonesian ban. The company has waived fees for all sellers in Indonesia who exclusively conduct live sales on Lazada.
- DHL Express announced a 5.9% freight increase. Effective from January 1, 2024. The tariff standard for China’s international limited-time special service will be increased by 4.9%.
- ByteDance: Latest valuation of US$223.5 billion, down 26%.
- Nike: Launched an official second-hand shoe platform with discounts of up to 50%.
- Google: The Made by Google 2023 conference was held in New York to release the new Pixel series phones-Pixel 8 and Pixel 8 Pro. Compared with the previous generation Pixel 7 series, the starting price of the Pixel 8 series has increased by US$100.
- The Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences announced in Stockholm on October 9 that the 2023 Nobel Prize in Economics will be awarded to American economist Claudia Goldin in recognition of her outstanding contributions in the field of female labor research.
- The 2023 Autumn Annual Meetings of the International Monetary Fund and the World Bank will be held in Marrakech, the third largest city in Morocco. This is the first time in 50 years that the annual meetings have returned to Africa since they were held in Nairobi, Kenya in 1973. During the seven-day autumn annual meeting, 14,000 representatives from 189 countries and regions will focus on discussions on climate change, food security, geopolitics and other issues.
- South Korea’s Ministry of Administration and Security: In September, the number of births based on resident registration totaled 17,926, a year-on-year decrease of 20%, setting a new lowest record again. The number of registered births fell below 20,000 in June this year and has never recovered. In September, it fell below 18,000.