- South Korean Deputy Prime Minister Hong Namki: The government has ordered 99 million doses, about 192 million doses of the new COVID-19 vaccine. These doses are enough for 52 million people to vaccinate 1.9 times, which is equivalent to 2.75 of the 36 million vaccines needed to form herd immunity. Times.
Trade & Shipment
- One month after Suez blocked the vessel, the freight rate of container ships hit a new high. In terms of spot (instant contract) freight rates from Shanghai, each 40-foot container to the west coast and east coast of the United States was US$4,432 and US$5,452 respectively. Both were up by more than 10% from the end of March just after the stranding accident, a record since 2009.
- Singapore’s exports to China increased by nearly 50% year-on-year.
- The number of Shopee’s cross-border stores in Japan has grown more than four times.
- Apple: In the next five years, it will allocate 430 billion US dollars to develop next-generation chips and encourage 5G innovation in 9 states in the United States. It will create 20,000 new jobs in the United States and establish a new campus in North Carolina.
- Baidu Geely invested heavily in smart car technology. It plans to invest 50 billion yuan ($7.7 billion) in the development of smart car technology in the next five years. Baidu owns 55% of the shares and Geely owns 45% of the shares.
- Beer giant Budweiser invests in artificial eggs.
- Huawei Yang Haisong: In the sales of smartphones, Apple has a market share of 13% and a profit of 66%. Samsung has a market share of 20% and a profit of 17%. The market share of Chinese and other manufacturers is as high as 67%, and their profits are only 17%.
- On Chinanews.com, Chinese medicine has spread to 196 countries and regions, and the number of people who have received Chinese medicine, acupuncture, massage or qigong treatment has reached more than one-third of the world’s total population in the world. At present, 113 member states have approved the use of acupuncture, 29 of which have established relevant laws and regulations, and 20 member states have incorporated acupuncture into the medical insurance system. The health insurance system of some countries also covers other TCM therapies.
- This year’s China “May 1st” holiday, people’s travel demand for family visits has recovered strongly. The number of bookings for air tickets, tickets, hotels, etc. has significantly exceeded the same period in 2019, and the national passenger flow will reach 250 million.
China and World
- Xinhua News Agency: China’s national major scientific research equipment development project has achieved 100-watt power refrigeration to minus 271°C. This indicates that my country has the ability to develop large-scale cryogenic refrigeration equipment with liquid helium temperature (minus 269°C) kilowatts and superfluid helium temperature (minus 271°C) hundreds of watts.
- The US manufacturing index rose to its highest level. IHS Markit said that the initial value of the US Manufacturing Purchasing Managers Index (PMI) rose to 60.6 in April, the highest level since the index was compiled in May 2007.
- Turkey prohibits the use of cryptocurrency as a payment tool. The decree will take effect on April 30.