- Insider Intelligence: The latest report “Latin American E-Commerce Forecast 2023” shows that e-commerce sales in Latin America will increase by 14.3% year-on-year in 2023, and are expected to exceed the $200 billion mark in 2026.
- The price of cocoa futures on the New York Intercontinental Exchange recently reached 3,569 US dollars / ton, a new high since March 2011. Cocoa prices soared, chocolate prices may rise. Analysts have warned that rising costs and more extreme weather are threatening output in major cocoa producers such as Côte d’Ivoire and Ghana.
- CGCC(China General Chamber of Commerce) From August 3rd to 6th, 2018, the first batch of 14 pension target funds were approved, starting a new journey for domestic public funds to serve the pension market. So far, on the 5th anniversary of the approval of the first batch of pension target funds, the annualized return of the first batch of products has exceeded 6% since its establishment five years ago, and the annualized return of many products has exceeded 9%, achieving good long-term returns. There was a marked increase.
- The pharmaceutical industry once again set off an anti-corruption storm. In the capital market, the pharmaceutical sector also ushered in shocks. From July 31 to August 4, the market value of the A-share pharmaceutical and biological sector evaporated by more than 150 billion yuan. As of July 26, at least 155 hospital directors and secretaries across the country have been investigated, more than double the number of last year.
- China Fund News: From August 3rd to 6th, 2018, the first batch of 14 pension target funds were approved, starting a new journey for domestic public funds to serve the pension market. So far, on the 5th anniversary of the approval of the first batch of pension target funds, the annualized return of the first batch of products has exceeded 6% since its establishment five years ago, and the annualized return of many products has exceeded 9%, achieving good long-term returns. There was a marked increase.
- On the 7th, according to data released by the State Administration of Foreign Exchange of China, as of the end of July 2022, China’s foreign exchange reserves were US$3,104.1 billion, an increase of US$32.8 billion, or 1.07%, from the end of June. In addition, China’s gold reserves are 62.64 million ounces; in terms of SDR (Special Drawing Rights特别提款权), China’s foreign exchange reserves are 2,345.175 billion SDRs.
- On August 6, the largest pumped storage power station(抽水蓄能电站) in western China, Qinghai Wah Rang Pumped Storage Power Station(青海哇让抽水蓄能电站) officially started construction. Wah Rang Pumped Storage Power Station is located in Guinan County, Hainan Tibetan Autonomous Prefecture, Qinghai Province, close to the Gobi New Energy Base in Hainan Prefecture, with a total investment of 15.94 billion yuan. The power station uses the Laxiwa Reservoir on the main stream of the Yellow River as the lower reservoir, and is connected to the Qinghai Power Grid through a 750 kV transmission line.
- According to the official website of the Ministry of Commerce, in the first half of 2023, the total import and export of services was 3,135.84 billion yuan (RMB), a year-on-year increase of 8.5%. Among them, exports were 1,323.22 billion yuan, a decrease of 5.9%; imports were 1,812.62 billion yuan, an increase of 22.1%; the service trade deficit was 489.4 billion yuan.
- The Federation of Greek Shipowners希腊船东联盟: 2022-2023 Annual Report shows that Greek shipowners control 21% of the world’s merchant fleet商船队 in terms of deadweight tonnage. In addition, the Greeks are investing heavily in new shipbuilding, with 241 new ships ordered in April 2023, approximately 19 million dwt, proving that Greek ship owners are currently one of the leaders in the transformation of the shipping industry.
- Maruti Suzuki马鲁蒂铃木, India’s largest automaker: aims to launch new models and increase exports, doubling annual production to nearly 4 million vehicles by 2031, and plans to triple overseas sales to 800,000 vehicles. By the 2030-2031 fiscal year, Maruti Suzuki expects to launch six electric vehicles, and by then these models are expected to account for 15% to 20% of its total sales.
- Lazada Indonesia: Lazada IM Shop Assistant (LISA), an artificial intelligence-based chatbot, was launched to enhance the interaction between sellers and customers, reduce operational work, and help sellers improve performance while improving customer experience.
- DHL Group: Data show that in the first half of 2023, DHL achieved operating income of 41.012 billion euros, a year-on-year decrease of 12.0%; profit before interest and taxes was 3.331 billion euros, a year-on-year decrease of 25.7%; the group’s consolidated net profit reached 1.889 billion euros, a year-on-year decrease of 3.26% %.
- Amazon announced its performance report: Amazon’s net revenue in the second quarter increased by 11% year-on-year to $134.38 billion. North American business revenue increased by 11% year-on-year to US$82.55 billion, international business revenue increased by 10% year-on-year to US$29.7 billion; AWS business revenue increased by 12% year-on-year to US$22.14 billion.
- Adidas announced its results: Adidas achieved revenue of 5.343 billion euros and operating profit of 176 million euros in the second quarter. In the first half of the year, Adidas achieved a global revenue of 10.617 billion euros, basically the same as the same period last year; operating profit reached 236 million euros.
- Texas, USA: On August 6, the electricity price soared by more than 800%, and the electricity price at night exceeded 2,500 US dollars/MWh, while the peak value of the electricity price on Saturday was only about 275 US dollars. supply capacity.
- Korea Statistical Office: As of November last year, the total number of Korean elderly population over 65 years old was 9.046 million, of which 1.973 million were in one-person households, accounting for 21.8%, both hitting record highs.
- Fed Governor Bowman: Further interest rate hikes may be needed to put inflation on the path to the FOMC（The Federal Open Market Committee联邦公开市场委员会）’s 2% target, supporting the Fed’s decision to raise interest rates last month.
- French Meteorological Service: In July, the average temperature in France reached 21.8 to 22 ℃, 0.8℃ higher than normal. The southeastern region of the country ushered in consecutive heat waves, setting high-temperature records in many places. In response to increasingly frequent heat waves and droughts, the city of Paris has been adapting the city to the climate for years.
- Turkish Statistical Institute: Turkey’s tourism revenue in the first half of 2023 will increase by 27% year-on-year to reach 21.7 billion US dollars. Among them, tourism revenue in the second quarter reached US$12.9 billion, a year-on-year increase of 23.1%.
- Statistics Singapore: Retail sales growth in Singapore slowed further at the end of the second quarter. Retail sales rose 1.1% in June from a year earlier, down from a 1.8% increase in May. Excluding autos, retail sales also rose 2.5 percent in June from a year earlier, after rising 1.7 percent in the previous month.