- General Administration of Customs: In the first three quarters, the total value of China’s foreign trade imports and exports was 28.33 trillion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 22.7%, and continued to maintain a rapid growth trend. Among them, exports were 15.55 trillion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 22.7%; imports were 12.78 trillion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 22.6%. Foreign trade imports and exports have achieved positive year-on-year growth for five consecutive quarters.
- Indonesian National News Agency Antara: The President of Indonesia plans to stop all exports of crude palm oil and only export value-added products of crude palm oil. In addition, it plans to stop exporting unprocessed bauxite.
California, the United States, suspended the 24-hour port operation system.
- Securities Times: Huiyun Titanium Industry and China Nuclear Titanium Dioxide raised the sales price of titanium dioxide, the domestic customer sales price was raised 700 yuan/ton, and the international customer export price was raised 100 US dollars/ton.
- Energy Bureau: In September, China’s economy continued to recover steadily, and the electricity consumption of the whole society continued to grow, reaching 694.7 billion kilowatt-hours, an increase of 6.8% year-on-year, and an average growth rate of 7.4% in two years. In terms of industries, the power consumption of the primary industry was 9.7 billion kWh, a year-on-year increase of 14.9%; the power consumption of the secondary industry was 445.1 billion kWh, a year-on-year increase of 6.0%; the power consumption of the tertiary industry was 129.2 billion kWh, a year-on-year increase of 12.1 %.
- Shipbuilding Industry Association: From January to September, China’s shipbuilding completed 30.340 million dwt, an increase of 6.2% year-on-year; the number of new ship orders received was 54.156 million dwt, an increase of 223.3% year-on-year. However, due to the sharp rise in the cost of raw materials, the pressure on shipyards to “increase without increasing profits” is also increasing.
- Ou Feiguang: The third quarter is expected to have a net loss of 58 million to 70 million yuan, and a profit of 237 million yuan in the same period last year. Affected by the termination of the purchase relationship by specific overseas customers, the shipment volume of products related to specific customers in the third quarter was 0, a year-on-year decrease of 100%. The customer’s smartphone business was subject to restrictions such as chip supply cuts, resulting in a significant year-on-year decline in shipments of multiple products.
- Evergreen Shipping’s third-quarter performance exceeded 100 billion for the first time. Evergreen Shipping recently announced consolidated revenue of NT$49.131 billion, a year-on-year increase of 153.84%. In addition to the September performance, Evergreen’s operating revenue in the third quarter was NT$145.01 billion, an increase of 45% on a quarterly basis. The single-quarter revenue exceeded NT$100 billion for the first time, setting the company’s single-quarter revenue record again.
- Daikin: The use of rare earths in air conditioners has dropped to zero within four years. Japan’s Daikin Industry recently stated that it will basically reduce the amount of rare earths in air-conditioning equipment to zero by 2025. As the demand for rare earths for pure electric vehicles and wind turbines increases, and the production of rare earths is concentrated in China, this may lead to an increase in the cost of rare earth procurement, and there is a risk of procurement.
- McKinsey: By 2030, as many as 220 million Chinese workers may change their occupations due to the impact of automation technology, and the share of occupational changes in China accounts for approximately 36% of the world’s total. The demand for cutting-edge innovators may increase by 46%, skilled professionals by 28%, front-line service personnel by 23%, manufacturing workers by 27%, and construction and agricultural workers by 28%. The total demand for high cognitive skills, social and emotional communication skills, and technical skills will add 236 billion man-hours, an average of about 40 days per worker.
- IResearch: It is estimated that the vocational training market will reach 367.1 billion yuan by 2023.
- Prospective Industry Research Institute: In 2020, the scale of China’s adult education market is estimated to exceed one trillion yuan, reaching 110 billion yuan; the online penetration rate of the adult education industry will reach 43%, which is much higher than the overall online penetration rate of the education industry.
- International Energy Agency: Global coal demand will peak around 2025 and then drop by 25% in 2050. The climate commitments of governments are not enough to achieve the goals of the Paris Agreement. By 2030, the world must triple clean energy investment to curb climate change.
- France: Will invest 30 billion euros to strengthen innovation.