- Glass fiber filament products（玻璃纤维长丝产品）: the UK has made the final decision on a double-reverse transitional review. Recently, the UK Trade Remedy Agency issued an announcement to make a final ruling on the transitional review of anti-dumping and countervailing duties on glass fiber filament products originating in China; at the same time, it is proposed to cancel the anti-dumping duty on mats made of glass fiber filaments from April 26, 2022, the countervailing duty on mats made of fiberglass filaments will be removed from January 30, 2021.
- Tajikistan: Exports of agricultural products reached USD 54.3 million in 2022. In 2022, the export value of Tajikistan’s agricultural products is US$54.3 million, an increase of US$17.6 million over the same period last year; the export volume exceeds 191,000 tons. Among them, the export volume of vegetables in Tajikistan was 76,600 tons, accounting for about 40% of the total export volume of agricultural products in the same period; the export volume of fruits was 54,500 tons, accounting for 29% of the total export volume of agricultural products in the same period. In 2023, the tower lists cotton, potatoes, onions and carrots as the main crops.
- Iran: The trade volume between China and Iran reach US$15.8 billion in 2022, a year-on-year increase of 7%. China has been Iran’s largest trading partner for 10 consecutive years.
- South Korea: According to Yonhap News Agency, the Ministry of Oceans and Fisheries of South Korea 韩国海洋水产部 stated on February 10 that in 2022, the export value of South Korea’s shipping services was 38.3 billion U.S. dollars, breaking the previous record of 37.7 billion U.S. dollars set 14 years ago. Of the total service industry exports of US$138.2 billion, maritime industry exports accounted for 29.4%.
- Europe: On February 14 local time, the parliament passed the “2035 European Agreement on Zero Emissions for New Fuel Cars and Small Trucks”, which indicates that Europe will stop selling new fuel cars and small trucks in 2035. According to the content of the agreement, the EU’s medium-term goal is to achieve a 55% reduction in fuel car emissions and a 50% reduction in small truck emissions by 2030. The agreement will then be submitted to the European Council for approval and final implementation.
- CLS(财联社): Recently, the capacity utilization rate of wafer foundries 晶圆代工厂产能 has dropped sharply. Semiconductor foundries such as Samsung Electronics三星电子, GlobalFoundries格芯, and World Advanced世界先进 have already cut prices to “grab orders.”
- China Photovoltaic Industry Association中国光伏行业协会: It is predicted that in 2023, the new domestic photovoltaic installed capacity will be 95-120GW, and the global new installed capacity will be 280-330GW. By 2025, the power generation capacity of renewable energy will exceed that of coal. From 2022 to 2027, the global installed capacity of photovoltaics will be 1500GW, with an average annual increase of 300GW, of which the distributed annual increase will be 170GW. In 2022, the total export volume of China’s photovoltaic products will be approximately US$51.25 billion, a year-on-year increase of 80.3%. Among them, the export volume of photovoltaic modules was about 153.6GW, an increase of 55.8% year-on-year, and the export volume and export volume both hit record highs; the export volume of silicon wafers was about 36.3GW, a year-on-year increase of 60.8%; the export volume of solar cells was about 23.8GW, a year-on-year increase of 130.7% .
- China Photovoltaic Industry Association中国光伏行业协会: In 2022, the four major manufacturing ends of the photovoltaic industry all had a year-on-year growth of more than 55%. Among them, the output of polysilicon was 827,000 tons, an increase of 63.4% year-on-year, the output of silicon wafers was 357gw, an increase of 57.5% year-on-year, the output of cells was 318GW, an increase of 60.7% year-on-year, and the output of components was 288.7GW, an increase of 58.8% year-on-year. In 2022, the export of China’s photovoltaic products to markets on all continents will have different degrees of growth. Among them, the European market increased the most, with a year-on-year increase of 114.9%. Silicon wafers and solar cells are mainly exported to Asia; in terms of component exports, the Netherlands still maintains its position as the largest export market.
- Travelsky航旅纵横: Since the resumption of outbound and group tours on February 6, the number of inbound and outbound passengers of domestic airlines has exceeded 276,000, a year-on-year increase of about 4.4 times. The most popular outbound destinations for domestic tourists are Macau, , Hong Kong, Seoul, Phnom Penh, Bangkok, Sydney, Kuala Lumpur, Melbourne, Singapore, and Jakarta. The five cities with the largest number of domestic outbound tourists are Shanghai, Guangzhou, Beijing, Xiamen and Chengdu.
- Shanghai Airport: Since the start of the Spring Festival travel rush on January 7, Shanghai Pudong and Hongqiao Airports have guaranteed a total of 8.1363 million inbound and outbound passengers, a year-on-year increase of 39%, returning to 60% of the same period in 2019; An increase of 5.6%, returning to nearly 80% of the same period in 2019.
- ijiwei: It has recently been reported that panel manufacturers have notified customers that they will increase the price of TV panels. Industry insiders pointed out that starting from late February, the prices of TV panels of all sizes have risen to varying degrees, and the price of TV panels will start from late February. Rising, and will rise further in March. Currently, panel manufacturers are planning to raise prices until June this year
- According to Sullivan’s data forecast(沙利文数据预测), by 2025, China’s assisted reproductive market will exceed 85.2 billion yuan, and the average annual compound growth rate will remain at 14.5% from 2023 to 2027. The penetration rate of the assisted reproductive industry is expected to further increase.
- Ministry of Transport: During the 40-day Spring Festival travel season in 2023, there are about 4.733 billion person-times in the whole society. Railways, highways, waterways, and civil aviation sent 348 million, 1.169 billion, 22.452 million, and 55.23 million passengers, respectively, an increase of 37.5%, 55.8%, 37.1%, and 38.7% over the same period in 2022, respectively, and recovered to 85.5% of the same period in 2019. , 47.5%, 55.1% and 75.8%. Passenger vehicle traffic on highways across the country totaled 1.184 billion vehicle trips, carrying about 3.138 billion passenger trips, an increase of 18.6% over the same period in 2022 and an increase of 17.2% over the same period in 2019.
- Census and Statistics Department of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region Government: As of the end of 2022, the provisional figure of Hong Kong’s population is 7,333,200. Compared with the end of 2021, there are 68,300 fewer people, a decrease of 0.92%. There will be a natural reduction of 29,500 between the end of 2021 and the end of 2022, with a net outflow of 38,800 over the same period.
- Xinjiang Production and Construction Corps: In 2022, the cotton sowing area of the Corps was 12.7588 million mu, a decrease of 22% from the previous year, and the total cotton output was 2.154 million tons, an increase of 3.4%, a record high, accounting for 36.0% of the country’s total.
- CCTV Finance: In January, truck cranes were still the equipment with the highest operating rate nationwide, with an average monthly operating rate of 64.67%. The operating rate of truck cranes in 7 provinces including Jiangxi, Anhui, and Chongqing exceeded 80% in a single month. The single-month operating rate of reach stackers in Guizhou is 81.08%, leading the country, and the single-month operating rate of reach stackers in Sichuan and Ningxia exceeds 77%.
- According to E-Commerce Department of the Ministry of Commerce, in 2022, the national online retail sales of agricultural products reached 531.38 billion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 9.2%, and the growth rate increase by 6.4 % compared with 2021; the national rural online retail sales reach 2.17 trillion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 3.6%.
- Apple: Has delayed the launch of its first mixed reality headset (XR) from around April to June after product testing revealed hardware and software issues that still needed to be ironed out. It is currently planned to announce the product at the annual Worldwide Developers Conference.
- KPMG: Nearly 2% of U.S. jobs will be cut, affecting nearly 700 people.
- Walmart to close three tech centers, cut spending.
- Instagram announced that it will abandon live shopping in March. Recently, Meta announced that starting from March 16, 2023, Instagram will no longer allow creators to mark products in live broadcasts. The company also shut down its real-time shopping feature on Facebook on October 1 last year.
- Danish shipowner company DS NORDEN: announced its 2022 annual results. In 2022, the company’s net profit will reach US$744 million, a 360% increase from US$205 million in the same period last year. Before the epidemic, the company’s net profit was only between US$20 million and US$30 million.
- The German automaker Volkswagen Group released its preliminary results for 2022. The group’s operating profit after deducting special items in 2022 was 22.5 billion euros, an increase of 2.5 billion euros from the previous year, with a profit margin of 8.1%. Sales in 2023 will rise to 279 billion euros from 250.2 billion euros in the previous year.
- On February 15, local time, Musk said via video connection at the World Government Summit held in Dubai, UAE, that he plans to find a successor by the end of 2023 and officially step down as CEO of Twitter.
- McDonald’s: It will launch McPlant Nuggets （人造肉麦乐鸡）next week, and Germany will be the first market to test the water. It is reported that the chicken nuggets are made of peas, corn and wheat with tempura batter.
- United States: PPI increased by 0.7% month-on-month in January, the largest increase since June 2022. It is estimated to increase by 0.4%, and the previous value decreased by 0.5%. %.
- United States: A winter storm is expected to bring extreme weather such as heavy snow and strong winds to 30 states in the United States, affecting more than 100 million Americans. The weather service is forecasting a winter storm stretching from New Mexico to Illinois with heavy snow and wind warnings for the southwestern United States and the Great Lakes region.
- South Africa: In January, the CPI increased by 6.9% year-on-year, which was the third consecutive month of decline. Lower fuel prices were one of the main factors contributing to the decline in the CPI. In addition, food prices continued to rise, with food and non-alcoholic beverage inflation hitting 13.4% in January, the highest level since April 2009.
- Vietnam: The number of newly approved foreign direct investment projects in January increased by 48.5% year-on-year. According to the Vietnam News Agency, according to data recently released by the General Statistics Office of Vietnam, as of January 20, the total amount of foreign direct investment (FDI) inflowing into Vietnam (including new approval, capital increase and joint venture purchase of shares) reached 1.69 billion US dollars. A year-on-year decrease of 19.8%; the total registered capital of 153 newly approved projects reached US$1.2 billion, the number of projects increased by 48.5% year-on-year, and the registered capital increased by 2.1 times year-on-year.
- Thailand: Free Trade Agreement (FTA) with EFTA (European Free Trade Association) is expected to be signed next year.
- Cameroon: The IMF predicts that the country’s inflation rate will be 6% in 2023.
- Côte d’Ivoire: The production of cashew nuts(腰果) reached 1.028 million tons in 2022, a year-on-year increase of 6% from 998,700 tons in 2021. Since 2014, the annual output of cashew nuts has doubled, making it the second largest agricultural product after cocoa. In 2022, the 27 cashew processing factories in Kobe will process a total of 224,000 tons of cashew nuts, making Kobe the third largest cashew processing country in the world after India and Vietnam.
- The Paris-based Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD经济合作与发展组织): issued a communique stating that the unemployment rate in the OECD region in December 2022 was 4.9%, the lowest since 2001. Among them, the unemployment rates in the EU area and the euro area in December 2022 are 6.1% and 6.6%, respectively, which are at historical lows.
- Singapore’s Ministry of Trade and Industry: release of economic survey report. In the fourth quarter of 2022, the economy grew by 2.1% year-on-year, and the economy grew by 3.6% for the whole year. In the fourth quarter of 2022, the country’s biomedical manufacturing, chemical, electronics, and general manufacturing output fell, with manufacturing in particular falling to -2.6% from a growth rate of 1.1% in the third quarter.
- According to data released by the National Institute of Statistics and Census of Argentina, the country’s inflation rate will reach 6% in January 2023, a year-on-year increase of 2.1% and a month-on-month increase of 0.9 percentage points. Meanwhile, the cumulative annualized inflation rate over the past 12 months increased to 98.8%.