- The “2022 China E-sports Industry Report” was released. Affected by the epidemic, the revenue of China’s e-sports industry in 2022 was 144.503 billion yuan, a year-on-year decrease of 14.01%, the first decline in five years; China’s e-sports game revenue was 117.802 billion yuan in 2022, a year-on-year decrease of 15.96%; Chinese e-sports users are about 4.88 million people, a year-on-year decrease of 0.33%.
- Zhang Hua, Deputy Mayor of Shenzhen: At present, there are more than 4,000 game industry enterprises in the city, accounting for more than 50% of the country’s revenue and nearly 70% of the province’s total; the average age of Shenzhen’s resident population is less than 33 years old, and the young The demographic structure will provide a strong market and advantages for Shenzhen to develop the e-sports industry. Now Shenzhen is stepping up the introduction of special policies for the e-sports industry, striving to build an international e-sports capital.
- Institute of Information and Communications Technology: In December 2022, the domestic mobile phone shipments were 27.86 million units, a year-on-year decrease of 16.6%, of which 5G mobile phones were 23.234 million units, a year-on-year decrease of 14.4%. In 2022, the total shipment of mobile phones in the domestic market were total 272 million units, a year-on-year decrease of 22.6%. Among them, 5G mobile phone shipments will be 214 million units, a year-on-year decrease of 19.6%.
- Miao Wei, Economic Committee of the National Committee of the Chinese People’s Political Consultative Conference: This year’s domestic new energy vehicles are likely to exceed 30% to 9 million. Based on the 80% capacity utilization rate, 11.2 million production capacity is required. Therefore, overall, there is currently no problem of overcapacity of new energy vehicles in China.
- Ouyang Minggao, academician of the Chinese Academy of Sciences: This year’s domestic lithium-ion battery shipments will be about 1 billion kWh, and the growth rate will drop sharply. The reason is that the growth rate of new energy vehicles has decreased, and the demand for power batteries for models with low charging capacity such as plug-in hybrids is low. This will ease the market demand for lithium-ion batteries, and the price of lithium carbonate is expected to drop to 350,000 to 400,000 yuan/ton in the second half of this year.
- Development and Reform Commission: The price of live pigs is running at a low level, and the price ratio of pigs and grains is lower than 5:1, which is in the first-level early warning range of excessive decline.
- Swift: In January, in the global payment currency ranking based on amount statistics, the RMB maintained its position as the fifth most active currency in the world, accounting for 1.91%. The total amount of RMB payments decreased by 12.79% month-on-month, while the total amount of payments in all currencies decreased by 1.54%.
- China Petroleum and Chemical Industry Federation: For the first time in history, China’s dependence on foreign oil and gas has doubled, that is, crude oil imports have dropped by 1.0% on the basis of the first drop of 5.3% in the previous year, while natural gas imports have dropped by 10.4% for the first time. In 2022, China’s dependence on foreign crude oil imports dropped to 71.2%; in 2022, the foreign dependence on natural gas dropped to 40.2%.
- CATL宁德时代: is recently actively promoting a lithium mine rebate plan to car companies to achieve battery price reduction. The plan is not aimed at all customers, but for many strategic customers such as LIXIANG Automobile, NIO Automobile, Huawei, and Zeekr Automobile. The core clause is that in the next three years, the auto companies that sign this cooperation need to commit about 80% of the battery purchases to CATL.
- LONGi Green Energy隆基绿能: On the afternoon of February 17, the latest quotation for silicon wafers was announced. M10 silicon wafers with a thickness of 150 μm (150μm厚度M10硅片)rose by 0.85 yuan, and the latest price was 6.25 yuan; M6 silicon wafers rose by 0.86 yuan, and the latest price was 5.40 yuan.
- Tesla China: The price of the domestic Tesla Model Y dual-motor all-wheel drive has increased by 2,000 yuan. Among them, the Model Y long-range version Model Y（长续航版） has risen to 311,900 yuan, and the Model Y high-performance version （高性能版）has risen to 361,900 yuan.
- Nestlé CEO Mark Schneider: Prices will rise again this year, after the cost of expensive ingredients caused its profit in 2022 to fall short of market expectations.
- The European Union: Agreed to gradually lift the new coronavirus testing measures for travelers from China.
- The US National Snow and Ice Data Research Center released a report that the Antarctic sea ice area shrank to 1.91 million square kilometers on January 13,2023, the lowest level since records began in 1979. Given that Antarctica is currently in summer, there will be sea ice melting in the next few weeks, and the Antarctic sea ice coverage may further decrease. The previous minimum Antarctic sea ice extent was 1.92 million square kilometers.