- General Administration of Customs: In December 2022, the total import and export value was 3.77 trillion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 0.6%. Among them, exports were 2.16 trillion yuan, a year-on-year decrease of 0.5%; imports were 1.61 trillion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 2.2%; the trade surplus was 550.11 billion yuan. In 2022, the total value of imports and exports was 42.07 trillion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 7.7%, and it has maintained its position as the largest country in goods trade for six consecutive years. Among them, exports were 23.97 trillion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 10.5%; imports were 18.10 trillion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 4.3%; the trade surplus was 5.86 trillion yuan.
- General Administration of Customs: In 2022, China’s import and export of mechanical and electrical products was 20.66 trillion yuan, an increase of 2.5%, accounting for 49.1% of the total import and export value. Among them, the export of solar cells太阳能, lithium batteries 锂电池and automobiles 汽车increased by 67.8%, 86.7% and 82.2% respectively.
- General Administration of Customs: In 2022, China’s imports and exports to ASEAN, the European Union, and the United States were 6.52 trillion, 5.65 trillion, and 5.05 trillion yuan, respectively, an increase of 15%, 5.6%, and 3.7%. During the same period, China’s imports and exports to countries along the “Belt and Road一带一路” increased by 19.4%, accounting for 32.9% of China’s total foreign trade value.
- SMM（上海有色金属网）: The “100 billion green steel千亿绿钢” action was officially launched. This is the first time in China to use digital methods to carry out standard certification, purchasing procurement and classification of green low-carbon steel products, and realize large-scale transactions. It is estimated that during the “14th Five-Year Plan十四五计划” period, the “100 billion green steel” action will complete about 25 million tons of green steel transactions worth 100 billion yuan, and reduce carbon emissions by more than 2.5 million tons.
- Gamma data: In 2022, the revenue of China’s e-sports industry 电子竞技产业 was 144.503 billion yuan, a year-on-year decrease of 14.01%. Among them, the revenue of e-sports games was 117.802 billion yuan, a year-on-year decrease of 15.96%. The e-sports industry’s content live broadcast, competitions, clubs and other revenues totaled 26.701 billion yuan, a year-on-year decrease of 4.17%.
- Merck’s Molnupiravir capsules （默沙东新冠口服药莫诺拉韦胶囊，商品名”利卓瑞”）was launched in the Chinese market on January 13, 2023. This is also the third covid oral drug approved in China after Paxlovid and Azvudine阿兹夫定. According to the industry, the drug will be dispensed and sold through medical institutions. The first drug can be delivered to medical institutions in Shanghai on January 13, and to other parts of the country on January 14.(P, Paxlovid retail price is about RMB2000/box, Azvudine阿兹夫定 is about RMB350, Molnupiravir is RMB1500/bottle, but they are out of stocks at social pharmacy )
- Ctrip: The “2023 Spring Festival Holiday Tourism Consumption Trend Report2023 春节假期旅游消费趋势报告” was released. In the past, the peak of New Year’s Eve dinner reservations was usually a week before the Spring Festival. This year, it was more than half a month earlier. Compared with last year, sales of New Year’s Eve dinner-related dishes increased by 500%. Eating reunion dinners at home has become the mainstream, and pre-made dishes that are convenient and easy to operate and restore the flavor of restaurants are rushing to order.
- In 2022, the market size of the robot industry reached 171.24 billion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 31.0%. In 2027, the market size is expected to 600 billion yuan.
- Development and Reform Commission: Energy reserves and peak supply capacity have been significantly enhanced. Continue to strengthen the construction of natural gas storage capacity. The national gas storage capacity exceeds 32 billion cubic meters, and the current remaining usable gas storage capacity is 20 billion cubic meters. The construction of coal storage capacity has been greatly improved. The government can dispatch 50 million tons of coal reserves, and the coal storage of nationally coordinated power plants has remained at a high level of 175 million tons.
- Ministry of Water Resources: A historic breakthrough was achieved in the construction of major projects in 2022. In the whole year, 47 major water conservancy projects were started, with an investment scale of 457.7 billion yuan. Among them, 13 projects had a total investment of more than 10 billion yuan. The number of projects started and the scale of investment was the largest in history. In 2022, the investment in water conservancy construction reach 1,089.3 billion yuan, an increase of 44% over 2021.
- Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention 中疾控: From October 2022 until this year, China has reported a total of 16 local cases of XBB, all of which are evolutionary branches of XBB.1, and no cases of XBB.1.5 have been found so far. Since December 2022, 79 species of Omicron evolutionary clades was into China.
- Central Bank: In December 2022, the national average of new personal housing loan interest rates was 4.26%, which is a year-on-year decrease of 1.37 percentage points from December 2021, which was the lowest level in history since statistics were available in 2008.
- National Administration of Traditional Chinese Medicine-TCM Epidemic Prevention Expert Committee(国家中医药管理局中医疫病防治专家委员会) : issued The “Guidelines for Home-based Traditional Chinese Medicine Intervention for Patients Infected with New Coronary Virus新冠病毒感染者居家中医药干预指引” , which add Baduanjin 八段锦 and other exercises in the home-based Chinese medicine prevention plan for the new coronavirus. (PS, Baduanjin 八段锦 is an ancient Chinese Qigong method,the main image is the Baduanjin)
- Tesla: The price of all new models has been lowered in the United States. The biggest drop is the base version of Model Y, which has a price reduction of US$13,000 to US$52,990, a drop of 20%. In Germany, the prices of Model Y and Model 3 have been lowered. The price of the Model Y rear-wheel drive version was reduced by 9,100 euros to 44,890 euros, a reduction of 16.85%.
- Swedish state-owned mining company LKAB (Luossavaara-Kiirunavaara Aktiebolag卢奥萨山-基吕纳山,a government owned Swedish mining company. ): announced the discovery of a rare earth deposit in northern Sweden, which contains more than 1 million tons of rare earth oxides, which is the largest known rare earth deposit in Europe.