- The “New Cornerstone Investigator Program新基石研究员项目” was announced, and 58 scientists were funded. (PS. “New Cornerstone Investigator Program” is a new type of basic research funding project focusing on original innovation, encouraging free exploration, and public welfare attributes. Under the guidance of the China Association for Science and Technology, the “New Cornerstone Investigator Program” is led by scientists. In 2022 Tencent announced that it will invest 10 billion yuan within 10 years to establish the New Cornerstone Science Foundation, which will operate independently and provide long-term and stable support for a group of outstanding scientists to devote themselves to basic research and achieve original innovation “from 0 to 1″. New Cornerstone Researcher” funding category is Divided into two categories: the experimental category does not exceed 5 million yuan per person per year, and the theoretical category does not exceed 3 million yuan per person per year, and the funding will last for 5 years.（新基石研究员”资助类别分为两类：实验类不超过500万元每人每年，理论类不超过300万元每人每年，并连续资助5年）
- The Ministry of Industry and Information Technology and other departments: have cooperated with production enterprises to supply more than 10,000 medical oxygen concentrators for free to 832 poverty-stricken counties across the country（为全国832个脱贫县免费供应医用制氧机1万余台）.
- State General Administration of Sports: promulgated the national water (maritime) national leisure sports center evaluation criteria.
- Shanghai: In January 2023, the results of the Shanghai vehicle license plate auction were released. 9,500 vehicles were put in the personal quota, and 1,629 vehicles were entrusted for auction with the effective quota for personal vehicles. The total number of auctions was 11,129 vehicles. The number of people participating in the auction was 123,503, and the bid winning rate was 9%. The lowest transaction price was 92,400 yuan, and the average transaction price was 92,497 yuan（PS, just the vehicle license plate ）.
- Macau, China: After the implementation of the nucleic acid-free customs clearance policy, the number of inbound tourists continued to increase. Among them, the number of inbound tourists on January 13, 2023 reached 46,700, the highest single-day passenger volume since the epidemic, an increase of 198.5% compared with the daily average in 2022. In addition, from January 6 to 12, 2023, the average occupancy rate of Macau’s hotel establishments was 67.4%, an increase of 24.3 percentage points from December last year.
- Hong Kong, China: During the four days from January 18th to 21st, the total daily number of one-way people at designated land ports will be increased from 50,000 to 65,000, and the daily one-way number of Hong Kong-Zhuhai-Macao Bridge (Zhuhai) will be increased to 65,000. The arrangement of the number of people has been increased from 1,000 to 2,000 in order to respond to the ardent needs of people from the two places to communicate with each other through the relevant ports before the Spring Festival.
- Beijing: From January 5th to 11th, 2023, a total of 3,367 second-hand houses were signed online, a month-on-month increase of about 18.77%; from January 4th to January 10, 2023, a total of 3,326 new houses were signed online, a month-on-month increase of about 10.5% %.
- Health and Medical Commission: The number of hospitalized COVID-19 patients is showing a continuous downward trend, reaching a peak of 1.625 million hospitalized COVID-19 patients on January 5, 2023, and then declining continuously until January 12, 2023 It fell back to 1.27 million. The number of fever clinics nationwide peaked at 2.867 million on December 23, 2022, and then continued to decline until January 12, 2023, when it fell back to 477,000, a decrease of 83.3% from the peak.
- Huawei: The 2022 trade union virtual restricted stock dividend is expected to be 1.61 yuan/share, an increase from 1.58 yuan/share in the previous year. After the dividend, the virtual restricted stock price is expected to be 7.85 yuan/share.
- R&F Properties富力地产: The sales revenue in December 2022 was about 2.04 billion yuan, and the sales area reach about 153,500 square meters. For the whole year of 2022, the total sales revenue was about 38.43 billion yuan, a year-on-year decrease of 68%; the sales area reached about 2.851 million square meters.
- Exxon Mobil埃克森美孚: It will significantly increase gasoline and diesel output at its Beaumont, Texas, refinery in the coming days as part of a $2 billion expansion plan. This would make the Beaumont refinery the second-largest refinery in the United States. It is also the first major expansion of U.S. oil processing in nearly a decade.
- Alibaba Cloud阿里云: Due to the increasing service costs such as registry cost increases and domain name real-name system audits, it is decided to adjust domain name prices at 00:00 on February 1, 2023. Among them, the transfer price of “com” English domain name is adjusted to 69 yuan, and the renewal price of “net” English domain name is adjusted to 89 yuan.
- Carvana Co., an American used-car seller, is quietly laying off employees, shortening hours, and not filling open positions. Last year it cut 4,000 workers, nearly a fifth of its workforce, as the company’s performance slowed sharply from rapid growth during the pandemic.
- China Ordnance Industry Group Co., Ltd.: The cumulative number of service terminals of the Beidou北斗 space-time intelligent service platform exceeded 1.5 billion.
- The inauguration of the first spaceport on the European continent （欧洲大陆首个航天港）will take place on January 13, 2023 at the Esrange Space Center in Sweden, located in the Arctic Circle. The spaceport is a new orbital launch complex at the Esrange Space Centre, which is said to “significantly reshape the European space landscape”.
- Spain: The annual average inflation rate in 2022 will reach 8.4%, the highest level since 1986.
- European Center for Disease Control and Prevention: XBB.1.5 is low risk for the general population. For vulnerable groups such as the elderly, the unvaccinated, and the immunocompromised, the risk of XBB.1.5 is moderate to high. XBB.1.5 may become the dominant variant in the EU/EEA in one to two months.
- The British Environment Department: The use of some disposable plastic products, such as tableware, plates and bowls, will be banned from October to limit plastic pollution. Of the 2.7 billion pieces of disposable tableware used in the UK each year, most of which is plastic, only 10% end up being recycled.
- Finland: Consumer prices in Finland rise by an average of 7.1% in 2022, the highest increase in the past 40 years. Consumer prices in Finland start to climb from May 2022 and peak in December due to the conflict between Russia and Ukraine. Rising interest rates and soaring prices for energy products and food are the main factors driving inflation in Finland in 2022.
- Japan: Announced that it plans to start discharging nuclear-contaminated water into the sea “in the spring and summer of this year”.今年春夏之际”开始进行核污染水排海