- Aluminum sheet products: Brazil made the final ruling on the countervailing case.On December 21, the Brazilian Foreign Trade Commission issued a final announcement on the countervailing case against aluminum plate products originating in China in the Federal Government Gazette, deciding to impose a countervailing duty of 14.88% to 14.93% for a period of 5 years. Considering the public interest, tax collection will be suspended until March 31, 2023, after the measures take effect. The Mercosur customs codes of the products involved in the case are 76061190, 76061290, 76069100, 76069200, 76071190, and 76071990.
- Russia: Published fertilizer export quotas for the first five months of 2023. On December 21, local time, the Russian Federation government announced the fertilizer export quota for the first five months of 2023. According to the quota regulations, the total amount of chemical fertilizers that Russia can export abroad in the first five months is 11.8 million tons.
- Cui Dongshu, Secretary-General of the CPCA auto(乘用车市场信息联席会，简称乘联会): The sales volume of the automobile export market in 2021 (ps, I confirmed it is 2021, not 2022)was 2.19 million units, a year-on-year increase of 102%. From January to November, the sales volume in the export market was 3 million units, a year-on-year increase of 51%. In November, China’s auto exports reached 375,000 units, a year-on-year increase of 69%.
- South Korea’s Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism: As of the end of November, the number of imported cars registered in South Korea was 3.1668 million, accounting for 12.4% of the total number of registered cars, exceeding 3 million for the first time.
- WTO: Global service trade will continue to weaken in early 2023. The global service trade prosperity index on December 22 was 98.3.
- Poland: The latest report on the website of the Polish Institute of Economic Research (PIE) shows that in the first three quarters of 2022, the export value of Polish goods will increase by 22.9% compared with the same period last year. From January to September this year, products with a year-on-year increase of more than 10% accounted for about a quarter of Poland’s total exports.
- CCTV Finance: As of September, global toy sales reached US$36.7 billion, up 2% year-on-year. Among them, the growth rate of plush toys is the most obvious, reaching 32%. At the same time, due to the increasing awareness of environmental protection, environmentally friendly toys are becoming a new trend in the industry. In 2020, the global environmental protection toy market size is 18.9 billion US dollars, and by 2030, this figure is expected to reach 59.6 billion US dollars.
- Counterpoint: In the third quarter, the global smartphone market revenue fell by 3% year-on-year to slightly more than US$100 billion. At the same time, the shipments of the entire mobile phone market fell by 12% year-on-year in the quarter. Average selling price increased by 10% year-on-year as the high-end handset market was more resilient to economic fluctuations. Shipments of 5G mobile phones accounted for a record 46% of total shipments, and the price of 5G mobile phones was about five times that of non-5G mobile phones, which also promoted the growth of average selling price and revenue.
- Ctrip(携程): In the past week, the number of reservations for tickets to Beijing scenic spots increased by 177% compared with last week; last weekend, the number of reservations for tickets to Beijing scenic spots on the platform increased by more than 2 times compared with the previous weekend. At the same time, the demand for skiing is gradually increasing. In the past week, the bookings of ski-related hotels in Beijing increased by 99% from the previous week, and the bookings of tickets for ski resorts increased by nearly 10% from the previous week. Recently popular ski resorts include Nanshan Ski Resort（南山滑雪场）, Huaibei International Ski Resort（怀北国际滑雪场）, Jundu Mountain Ski Resort（军都山滑雪场）, etc.
- Multiple models of oximeters（血氧仪） are out of stock in most stores on the e-commerce platform, some models are in pre-sale status, and the delivery time ranges from 2 to 15 days.
- TikTok: TikTok Shop’s 2022 end-of-year promotion season has achieved a 136% increase in the overall GMV of global cross-border business, and an increase in order volume of over 77%. Nearly 60,000 merchants and 30,000 talents participated in this campaign on the entire platform. Related accounts have been broadcast for more than 2.72 million hours. In short videos and live broadcasts, merchants interacted with platform users more than 1.3 billion times.
- Ozon.ru launched a new payment method “Lianlian Global Wallet(连连跨境钱包)”. The new method facilitates mutual payments between sellers and Ozon, and will remove some restrictions on cross-border transfers. Sellers will no longer need to provide additional information to banks, and payments will be more stable, as with local partners.
- Chairman of Changan Automobile(长安汽车): Changan Automobile will invest 200 billion yuan in related fields in the next ten years. In particular, the company will focus on Changan technology, invest more than 150 billion yuan in the new automobile technology industry chain, build a technology innovation team with more than 10,000 people, develop a super vehicle intelligent platform, create a new intelligent experience, and lay out controllers and other technology industries.
- COMAC: The domestically produced regional jet ARJ21 was delivered overseas for the first time. It was recently learned from COMAC that my country’s self-developed regional jet ARJ21 with completely independent intellectual property rights was officially delivered to its first overseas customer, Indonesian AirAsia, on December 18, marking the first entry of a domestic jet into an overseas market.
- Ningbo Zhoushan Port Meishan Port Area: The annual throughput exceeds 8 million TEUs.
- BYD: Recently, BYD Automobile Industry Co., Ltd. has undergone industrial and commercial changes, adding international ship management business, NVOCC（Non-Vessel Operating Common Carrier） business; international ship agency; port tally; port cargo handling activities, etc.
- Microsoft may acquire Netflix in 2023.
- Energy Monster(怪兽充电): Announced the financial report for the third quarter, achieving an operating income of 815 million yuan, an increase of 18% from the 690 million yuan in the second quarter of 2022; The 184.5 million yuan in the second quarter narrowed by 48% from the previous quarter to 95.8 million yuan.
- Produced by the Japanese e-sports team DFM and produced by the JOW brand, the home game soundproof room “GAME Base（Game 基地）” is launched in Japan. The overall use of custom-made black sound-absorbing and sound-proof materials reduces sound leakage by about 30% and prevents external sound and visual interference.（ps, the cost is about US$4000）
- Japan: Finalize the fiscal year 2023 budget. According to a report by the Japan Broadcasting Association (NHK) on December 22 local time, the Japanese government finalized the fiscal year 2023 budget of 114.38 trillion yen on the same day, exceeding 110 trillion yen for the first time, a record high.
- European Commission: Approves Germany’s 49 billion euro economic support plan.
- Kazakhstan: Oil production in 2023 is expected to be 90 million tons.
- Vietnam: From 2009 to 2021, Vietnam’s agriculture has introduced nearly 2,000 foreign investment projects with a total investment of more than 17.6 billion US dollars, mainly in the fields of agricultural product processing and agricultural product trade.
- The Central Bank of Egypt announced an interest rate hike of 300 basis points to 16.75%.
- India’s inflation rises 5.88% y/y, falls to 11-month low.