- Stainless steel seamless pipe: India has decided to impose anti-dumping duties. On December 20, the Indian Ministry of Finance and Revenue Bureau issued a circular saying that it accepted the anti-dumping affirmative final ruling proposal made by the Indian Ministry of Commerce and Industry on September 23 on stainless steel seamless steel pipes with a diameter of less than or equal to 6 inches originating in or imported from China. , decided to impose a five-year anti-dumping tax on the products involved in the case in China, with a tax amount of 0 to 3801 US dollars per metric ton, of which 4 companies including Zhejiang Jiuli Special Materials Technology Co., Ltd.(浙江久立特材科技股份有限公司) are not taxed. This case involves products under Indian customs code 7304.
- Canalys: The Indian PC market shipped 5.1 million units in the third quarter, a year-on-year decrease of 4%. Notebook shipments contributed to the decline in the overall market, with a sharp drop of 21%. Desktop shipments were 766,000 units, an increase of 36%; tablet shipments were 1.5 million units, an increase of 24% year-on-year. In the context of general decline, Apple bucked the trend and grew by 61% year-on-year.
- StrategyAnalytics: In the third quarter, smartphone shipments in Egypt fell by 33% year-on-year and 11% quarter-on-quarter. The entire African market fell by 13% year-on-year and 2% quarter-on-quarter. Xiaomi (23%) leads the market, followed by Samsung (15%) and OPPO (13%). Chinese manufacturers accounted for nearly three-quarters of smartphone sales in Egypt, unchanged from a year ago.
- Japan Machine Tool Industry Association: In November, machine tool orders from North America fell by 17% year-on-year to 24.3 billion yen. It has experienced negative growth for 2 consecutive months and is the lowest level since July 2021. The reason is that the United States has raised interest rates, centered on small and medium-sized enterprises, and has a more cautious attitude towards equipment investment. Orders from China increased by 11.3% to 29.4 billion yen, the fourth consecutive month of growth.
- FIFA: After the World Cup in Qatar, the final men’s football world rankings for 2022 will be announced. The “Samba” Brazil continues to top the list, while Argentina and France, the World Cup champions and runners-up, rank second and third. Plaid Corps Croatia rose to 7th, Morocco rose to 11th, rising to first in Africa, and Japan rose to 20th in the world, ranking first in Asia.
- IDC: In the first half of the year, China’s financial cloud market reached US$3.43 billion.
- The Beijing-Tianjin-Hebei (京津冀)direct-to-Czech China-Europe Railway Express is launched. It is reported that the train leaves the country via the Erenhot port(二连浩特,隶属内蒙古自治区锡林郭勒盟), passes through Mongolia, Russia, Belarus, Poland and other countries, and travels 9,854 kilometers. It is expected to arrive in Prague in 18 days.
- The throughput of foreign trade heavy containers at the hub ports of the Yangtze River Delta has dropped sharply. In the first ten days of December, the container throughput of the eight coastal hub ports increased by 5.8% year-on-year, of which foreign trade increased by 5.5% year-on-year, and domestic trade increased by 6.8%. According to statistics, the foreign trade heavy containers of hub ports in the Yangtze River Delta region decreased by about 13% year-on-year.
- JAC Automobile: It plans to acquire the construction-in-progress-equipment installation project assets held by Anhui NIO, with an estimated transaction price of 1.704 billion yuan. If the transaction is successfully implemented, it will help to continue to deepen the strategic cooperation with NIO.
- Tesla: Discounts on Model 3 and Model Y deliveries in the U.S. and Canada this month. For Model 3 and Model Y vehicles delivered before the end of the year, the company is offering a $7,500 discount in the U.S. and 10,000 miles of free charging; a $5,000 discount in Canada.
- CATL: British new energy investor GreshamHouse Energy Storage Fund has reached a long-term supply intention agreement of nearly 7.5GWh. Efforts will be made to expand the scale of cooperation to 10GWh and jointly promote the application of utility-scale energy storage.
- AliExpress became the most downloaded shopping app in Korea.
- HMM and NYK join forces to form a new shipping company. Recently, the Korean shipping company Hanshin Shipping HMM announced that it has established a joint venture company with NBP (NYK Bulk & Projects) of the Japanese shipping company Nippon Yusen to provide heavy lift ships and general cargo shipping services, focusing on the Far East-Middle East route.
- The British fashion chain brand M&Co declared bankruptcy. The company was founded in 1834. It is unique in the clothing industry with its fashion design style for men and women. It has 170 stores so far.
- TDB ( TEIKOKU DATABANK日本帝国数据库): Regarding the 105 major food and beverage manufacturers listed on the market, as of the same day, the number of commodity types that have decided to increase prices from January to April next year has reached 7,152, with an average increase of 18%.
- Thailand: The cabinet approves measures such as shopping tax rebates to boost the economy. On December 20, the Thai cabinet approved shopping tax rebates and measures to reduce land and building taxes and property transfer fees. From January 1 to February 15 next year, shoppers can apply for a tax refund with paper or electronic invoices, with a maximum tax refund of 40,000 baht (about 8,000 yuan). The cabinet also approved a 15% reduction in land and building taxes next year, a reduction in property transfer fees from 2% to 1%, and a reduction in property mortgage registration fees from 1% to 0.01%.
- South Korea: The trade balance deficit may exceed the highest record in history.
- Australia: hopes to reach a trade deal with the EU in the first half of 2023
- Russia: This year’s grain harvest exceeds 159 million tons
- Russian Minister of Agriculture Patrushev recently stated that Russia will achieve a record grain harvest in 2022, with a gross grain weight of more than 159 million tons. Among them, the harvest of sugar beets, soybeans, rapeseed, potatoes, vegetables and fruits is higher than that in 2021 . It is expected that by the end of this year, Russia’s agricultural product export revenue will increase by at least 10% compared with 2021.
- Peru: The economy grew by 2.01% in October this year. The three most active areas are hotel and catering, transportation, warehousing and express delivery, and agriculture.
- Italy: S&P lowered its 2023 GDP forecast to -1.1%.
- Canada’s consumer price index (CPI) rose 6.8% year-on-year in November, and the CPI rose 0.1% month-on-month in November, compared with a 0.7% month-on-month increase in October.
- U.S. retail sales fell 0.6% month-on-month in November.
- Recently, the “APEC SME Cooperation Development Report (2022)APEC中小企业合作发展报告（2022）” released by the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC亚太经合组织) shows that 71.4% of APEC economies have a medium-to-high level of economic extroversion, and SMEs have played an important role.