- Indonesian President Joko: Indonesia will ban bauxite (铝土矿)exports from June 2023 and encourage the development of Indonesia’s domestic bauxite processing and refining industry. According to a report this year by the US Geological Survey, Indonesia is the sixth largest producer of bauxite in the world, with the fifth largest reserves in the world. Indonesia is China’s third largest supplier of bauxite, after Guinea and Australia.
- Tinplate: Indonesia launched the second anti-dumping sunset review investigation. On December 19, the Indonesian Anti-dumping Commission issued a notice stating that upon the application of Indonesian enterprises, the second anti-dumping sunset review will be launched for tinplate originating in or imported from China, Taiwan, and South Korea with a thickness of 600 mm or more and a thickness of less than 0.5 mm. According to the investigation, the Indonesian tax codes of the products involved are 7210.12.10 and 7210.12.90. During the investigation of the case, the current anti-dumping duties will continue to be effective.
- Counterpoint Research: In the mobile phone AP market in the third quarter of 2022, MediaTek will continue to lead in market share, accounting for 35% of the global market share, but it is down 5 percentage points compared to the third quarter of 2021. The market shares of Qualcomm, Apple, and Samsung are gradually expanding, reaching 31%, 16%, and 7% respectively in the third quarter of 2022.
- China Chemical Industry News: Since the beginning of the year, Vietnam has exported more than 1.6 million tons of fertilizers, an increase of 34% year-on-year, and the export value has officially exceeded the US$1 billion mark. As a result, the total fertilizer exports in the first 11 months of this year accounted for 84% of the total exports in 2021. In the first half of this year, the Russia-Ukraine war drove up fertilizer export prices, and fertilizer export activities went smoothly.
- Global trade flows fell 2.8% month-on-month in October.
- China Non-Ferrous Metals Industry Association: The price of silicon wafers fell in a fuse-like manner this week. Among them, the average transaction prices of M6, M10, and G12 monocrystalline silicon wafers fell by 15.2%, 20%, and 18.4% week-on-week.
- Post Office: From January to November, the business revenue of the postal industry totaled 1,227.87 billion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 5.6%. Among them, the cumulative revenue of express delivery business was 956.98 billion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 1.6%; the cumulative revenue of postal delivery service business was 35.34 billion yuan, a year-on-year decrease of 1.1%.
- Chinanews: With the arrival of Hainan’s peak tourist season in winter, 11 duty-free shops in Hainan Island have experienced a rebound in passenger flow. Haikou Customs stated that the duty-free sales of Hainan’s outlying islands exceeded 100 million yuan for seven consecutive days from December 13 to 19, and the duty-free market gradually “recovered”.
- The General Office of the Central Committee of the Communist Party of China and the General Office of the State Council: issued the “Opinions on Deepening the Reform of the Construction of a Modern Vocational Education System（关于深化现代职业教育体系建设改革的意见）” and issued a notice requiring all regions and departments to conscientiously implement it in light of their actual conditions and explore a new model for the construction of a provincial modern vocational education system. Strengthen policy support. Incorporate qualified vocational education projects into the support scope of local government special bonds and budgetary investment; support leading enterprises, high-level colleges and universities, and vocational schools to take the lead in forming a cross-regional industry-education integration community.
- The number of national advanced manufacturing clusters has increased to 45. Recently, it was learned from the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology that as 20 clusters including the Wuhan Optoelectronics Information Cluster won the third round of advanced manufacturing cluster finals of the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology, the number of national advanced manufacturing clusters that my country has cultivated has increased to 45. These 45 national-level clusters will have an output value of 19 trillion yuan in leading industries in 2021, covering key areas of building a strong manufacturing country; involving 19 provinces (autonomous regions, municipalities directly under the Central Government) and 3 cities with separate plans.
- The pilot program of the bank settlement account system integrating domestic and foreign currencies in the Shanghai Free Trade Zone was launched.
- Baihetan Hydropower Station（白鹤滩水电站）, the second largest hydropower station in the world, is fully put into operation on December 20, with the No. 9 unit developed by Harbin Electric Machinery Works Co., Ltd. of Harbin Electric Group (哈电集团哈尔滨电机厂有限责任公司)put into operation and generating electricity, Baihetan Hydropower Station was fully put into operation. The Baihetan Hydropower Station is the largest and most technically difficult hydropower project under construction in the world. After it is fully completed and put into operation, it is estimated that the average annual power generation will reach 62.443 billion kwh, which can meet the annual living electricity needs of about 75 million people. About 19.68 million tons of standard coal were replaced, and carbon dioxide emissions were reduced by about 52 million tons.
- Shanghai Securities News: With the approval of the State Council, China Baowu Iron and Steel Group Co., Ltd.(中国宝武钢铁集团有限公司 and Sinosteel Group Co., Ltd. (中国中钢集团有限公司))implemented a reorganization. Sinosteel Group Co., Ltd. was incorporated into China Baowu Iron and Steel Group Co., Ltd. and was no longer directly supervised by the State-owned Assets Supervision and Administration Commission.
- China Nuclear Construction: In 2022, a total of 10 nuclear power units have been newly approved nationwide. At present, 8 units have completed bidding, and 2 units are in the early stage of bidding. It is estimated that at the end of the 14th Five-Year Plan, the maximum number of nuclear power units that the company will build at the same time may reach 40-50 units.
- COFCO Sugar(中粮糖业): COFCO Tunhe Tomato Co., Ltd.,(中粮屯河番茄有限公司) a wholly-owned subsidiary, plans to acquire 100% equity of Inner Mongolia COFCO Tomato Products Co., Ltd. held by COFCO Group for 68.4387 million yuan. After the transaction is completed, the target company will become a wholly-owned subsidiary of Tomato Company, and COFCO’s tomato business will be fully injected into the listed company.
- Baidu: In the past year, the scale of Baidu marketing direct e-commerce advertising has increased by 110% year-on-year, the scale of local benefit life advertising has increased by 232% year-on-year, the coverage rate of smart products launched by small and medium-sized enterprises is 79%, and the scale of in-depth conversion capabilities has been used year-on-year an increase of 64%. The overall order volume of Baidu direct e-commerce has increased by 37 times, and the GMV has increased by 18 times.
- CATL: The first overseas factory in Thuringia, Germany achieved mass production of lithium-ion battery cells as scheduled. The first batch of battery cells in the German factory was successfully released from the first battery production line of the G2 plant. The installation and commissioning of the rest of the production lines are in full swing to achieve a smooth ramp-up to production. The German factory plans a total investment of 1.8 billion euros and a planned production capacity of 14GWh.
- Walmart: Has passed the first threshold needed to complete the $3.1 billion national opioid settlement framework.
- Alibaba will launch 100 overseas exhibitions. Alibaba( International Station), a cross-border e-commerce platform under Alibaba, launched a special action code-named “Digital Hybrid Trade Show”. It will launch at least 100 overseas exhibitions focusing on “digital hybrid trade shows” in the near future, covering the United States, Germany, and the United Kingdom. , Japan, Singapore, Australia, Turkey, India, Brazil, Dubai and more than ten important foreign trade target markets.
- eBay: Messi star card (梅西球星卡)transaction volume increased by more than 35 times.
- FedEx: announced the second quarter results of fiscal year 2023. Q2 revenue was US$22.8 billion, a decrease of 3% from US$23.5 billion in the same period of the previous year, and market expectations were US$23.74 billion; net profit was US$788 million, a decrease of 24% from US$1.04 billion in the same period last year.
- Nike: announced results, revenue increased by 17% year-on-year.
- ONS( Office for National Statistics): The UK population has grown by 5.9% over the past decade to 67 million. England’s population grew by 6.5% to 56.5 million, the largest increase of any of the UK’s four regions.
- Germany: New orders in the electrical and digital industries increased by 4.7% year-on-year in the fourth quarter.
- Vietnam: The coffee export volume hit a record high, and the coffee export volume and export value increased by 13% and 33.4% respectively year-on-year. Vietnam has formed a processing industry for exporting coffee kernels(咖啡仁), roasted coffee(烘焙咖啡), instant coffee(速溶咖啡), etc. The Vietnam Coffee and Cocoa Association（越南咖啡与可可协会） has also proposed a goal of an average annual coffee export volume of US$5-6 billion in the next ten years.
- Serbia: It plans to expand the export of agricultural products to China.
- The Bank of England has released the design of the new British pound banknotes. Recently, the Bank of England announced the design of new British pound banknotes with the face of King Charles III, including denominations of 5 pounds, 10 pounds, 20 pounds and 50 pounds. There are currently around 4.5 billion British pound notes in circulation in the UK, worth around £80 billion.
- Argentina: Inflation in Argentina fell to 4.9% in November.
- The IMF approves a $440 million loan to Kenya.