- TrendForce: The global silicon carbide and gallium nitride power semiconductor market is expected to reach US$1.84 billion in 2022, and will further grow to US$5.29 billion in 2025, a very rapid growth. At present, the time is ripe for SiC power devices to be mounted on new energy vehicles.
- Baidu: In the past week, the average search popularity of “camping” in various places has increased by more than 100%, and the average search popularity of “self-driving” in various places has increased by nearly 70%. It is predicted that during the Labor Day’s long holiday (April 30~May 4,2022), camping will become the most popular project, and the surrounding areas of Guangzhou are the most popular camping destinations; it is predicted that self-driving tours will be one of the most popular travel methods, and the TOP3 popular self-driving routes are the 318 Sichuan-Tibet line and Hulunbuir grassland , Hainan Island.
- Bureau of Statistics: In April, the manufacturing PMI was 47.4, down 2.1 percentage points from the previous month, lower than the threshold and the lowest since March 2020. The non-manufacturing PMI was 41.9, a month-on-month decrease of 6.5 percentage points, lower than the critical point, and fell significantly for two consecutive months.
- In 2021, 524 new listed companies are added, and the number of companies increased to 4,682 at the end of the year, with a total market value of 96.53 trillion yuan, ranking second in the world in terms of scale. Among them, the number of companies listed on the Shanghai, Shenzhen and Beijing stock exchanges is 2031, 2569 and 82 respectively. In 2021, the total operating income of listed companies will be 64.97 trillion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 19.81%, accounting for 56.81% of the total annual GDP; net profit will be 5.30 trillion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 19.56%; the total amount of taxes and fees paid is about 4.04 trillion yuan, It accounts for 23.41% of the country’s total tax revenue. In 2021, listed companies have completed a total cash dividend of 1.55 trillion yuan, a new high in recent years. Among them, there are 2,009 companies that maintain a dividend ratio of more than 30%. A total of 503 companies implemented repurchase, involving a total amount of about 565.42 billion yuan.
- In April, the Caixin China Manufacturing PMI recorded 46, a decrease of 2.1 percentage points from the previous month, and was in the contraction range for the second consecutive month, the lowest value since March 2020. The local epidemic continued in April, and the manufacturing sector continued to weaken.
- China Automobile Association: In April, the inventory warning index of Chinese auto dealers was 66.4%, an increase of 10 percentage points year-on-year and a month-on-month increase of 2.8 percentage points.
- Shenyang City: Starting from May 1, a one-time auto consumption subsidy of 100 million yuan will be issued to individual consumers who purchase non-operating vehicles (no household registration limit). For the purchase of a new car with an invoice amount of 50,000 to 100,000 yuan, a subsidy of 2,000 yuan per vehicle. For the purchase of a new car with an invoice amount of 100,000 to 200,000 yuan, a subsidy of 3,000 yuan per vehicle. For the purchase of a new car with an invoice value of more than 200,000 yuan (exclusive), a subsidy of 5,000 yuan per vehicle.
- Berkshire Hathaway (Buffett’s company): In the first quarter, operating profit was $7.04 billion, up 0.3% year-on-year; net profit was $5.46 billion, down 53% year-on-year. Cash reserves fell to $106.3 billion, with a net loss of $1.58 billion in investments and derivatives (compared to a net profit of $4.69 billion a year earlier). In the first quarter, Chevron significantly increased its holdings to US$25.9 billion, equivalent to holding about 159 million shares (about 38 million shares at the end of the fourth quarter of last year).
- Germany: In April, the German inflation rate rose to 7.4%, the highest single-month inflation record in more than 40 years.