- United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD): Global trade totaled a record $28.5 trillion.
- From March, Egypt fully requires letter of credit payment for imports.
- Chile: Beef allowed to export to China.
- Kazakhstan: 43 companies received export quotas for sunflower oil. According to a report by the Kazakhstan News Agency on February 18, 43 companies in Kazakhstan including Logos Grain have received their sunflower oil export quotas for February this year, and the licenses are valid until June 30.
- Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand: The pilot of cross-border QR code payment linkage will be launched.
- Japan’s Ministry of Finance: The trade deficit in goods expanded to 2.19 trillion yen in January, Japan’s sixth consecutive month of trade deficits. Among them, the import value increased by 39.6% year-on-year to 8.52 trillion yen, and the export value increased by 9.6% year-on-year to 6.33 trillion yen.
- Amoxicillin: India made its first anti-dumping sunset review final ruling. The Ministry of Commerce and Industry of India recently issued an announcement to make the first anti-dumping sunset review of amoxicillin originating in or imported from China. It is proposed to continue to levy anti-dumping duties on the products involved in China for a period of 5 years at a rate of US$1.96/kg.
- British broker Clarksons: Global seaborne trade is expected to grow by 3.4% in 2022.
- In January, De Beers, the world’s largest diamond mining supplier, raised rough diamond prices by about 8%, the fifth increase since December. The finished diamond price index surged 5.67% in the first month of 2022, surpassing the 4.35% increase in December 2021 and setting a record for the largest monthly increase in years.
- According to data released by Zillow, an online real estate sales platform, the value of U.S. homes in December last year rose 1.4% from November to $320,700, a year-on-year increase of 19.6%, a record high. The analysis said that with the gradual increase in the cost of buying a house, the rate of increase in U.S. house prices may slow down in 2022, ushering in a little cooling.
- Samsung, Hisense, TCL, Huawei, etc. have all launched Mini LED TVs with prices ranging from a few thousand yuan to one or two thousand yuan. According to the industry, the demand for Mini LED display may double in 2022, and the performance of Mini LED TV is worth looking forward to; Mini LED will be the general direction of display in the next three to five years, and the first enterprises are expected to benefit from mass production in the industry.
- On February 20, the Beijing Winter Olympics came to a successful conclusion. The Chinese team ended with 9 golds, 4 silvers and 2 bronzes, securing the third place in the gold medal list. The number of gold medals and medals both reached a record high. Among them, steel frame snowmobiles, ice hockey and other projects have also refreshed the best results.
- IOC President Bach: For the sports industry, the Winter Olympics are an important driver. According to forecasts, the market value of winter sports in China will reach 150 billion US dollars in 2025.
- China will strive to meet the CPTPP rules and standards.
- Cushman & Wakefield: In 2022, Shanghai will hold the fourth largest data center market seat in the world with over 0.6 GW, after Northern Virginia, London and Tokyo, while Beijing will rank 13th. Hong Kong, Singapore and Sydney also rank among the top 10 global data center markets, with Hong Kong jumping to sixth globally and Asia Pacific second. The data center market in Asia Pacific is expanding at an unprecedented rate and is expected to jump to become the world’s largest region in the next 10 years.
- Minsheng Securities: At present, the scale of China’s data center has reached 5 million standard racks, and the computing power has reached 130EFLOPS(FLOPS=floating-point operations per second,“每秒浮点运算次数”or “每秒峰值速度”, GFLOPS=gigaFLOPS,10^9). The “East Numbers and West Calculations” project has been launched as a whole, which has opened the curtain of the digital economy policy dividend wave. The most direct benefit and flexible direction are IDC industry chain enterprises.
- Shanghai plans to build a world-class “design capital”. Recently, the Shanghai Municipal Commission of Economy and Information Technology issued “Several Opinions on Building Shanghai into a World-Class “Design Capital”, encouraging guarantee institutions to set up special guarantees for the design industry, and supporting qualified design companies to go public, raise funds, and issue bonds.
- Shopify’s total revenue for the year soared 57% year over year. Shopify recently released its 2021 full-year results. The platform’s revenue was US$4.612 billion, a year-on-year increase of 57%; gross profit was US$2.48 billion, a year-on-year increase of 61.04%. The platform’s annual gross merchandise volume reached $175.4 billion, ranking second in retail e-commerce sales in the United States.
- Kerry Logistics acquires Topocean for $240 million.
- JPMorgan becomes the first bank to join the Metaverse. JPMorgan Chase has announced the launch of its virtual bank, opening an “Onyx Lounge” in the Metaverse, a virtual lounge in the blockchain-based Decentraland world that users can use to purchase cryptocurrency in the form of NFTs virtual land.
- Airbus reported a full-year turnaround. Airbus released a performance report, with revenue of 52.1 billion euros in 2021, a year-on-year increase of 4%; net profit of 4.2 billion euros, and a loss of 1.133 billion euros in the same period in 2020, turning losses into profits throughout the year. During the year, a total of 611 commercial aircraft were delivered to 88 customers around the world, a year-on-year increase of 8%.
- Singapore’s Ministry of Trade and Industry: Singapore’s economy grew by 7.6%, far exceeding expectations.
- Singapore: The GST(Goods and Services Tax) rate will be increased in stages, with plans to reach 8% in 2023 and 9% in 2024.
- The European Union has announced that it will invest 150 billion in Africa. EU investment will be used to develop renewable energy, improve Internet coverage, build roads and develop education.
FLOPS=floating-point operations per second,“每秒浮点运算次数”or “每秒峰值速度”
One MFLOPS (megaFLOPS) is equal to one million (=10^6) floating-point operations per second,
One GFLOPS (gigaFLOPS) equals one billion (=10^9) floating-point operations per second,
One TFLOPS (teraFLOPS) is equal to one trillion (=10^12) floating-point operations per second, (1 teraFLOPS)
One PFLOPS (petaFLOPS) is equal to one thousand trillion (=10^15) floating-point operations per second,
One EFLOPS (exaFLOPS) is equal to one hundred floating-point operations per second (=10^18),
One ZFLOPS (zettaFLOPS) is equal to one hundred thousand floating-point operations per second (=10^21).