- According to data recently released by the German Federal Statistics Office, in 2021, Germany’s imports from China will increase by 20.8% year-on-year; its exports to China will increase by 8.1% year-on-year.
- United States: Will expand LNG production. According to a recent report by the Nikkei News, the United States will expand the production of liquefied natural gas (LNG), and the production capacity is expected to reach about 100 million tons in 2022; the new investment has also restarted again after three years. According to statistics, about 60% of U.S. LNG exports in January this year were sold to Europe.
- China adjusts the list of cross-border e-commerce retail imports. The Ministry of Finance issued an announcement on February 21 saying that starting from March 1, the “List of Cross-border E-commerce Retail Imported Commodities (2019 Edition)” will be optimized and adjusted, and new products such as ski equipment and household dishwashers will be added.
- Fasteners: EU makes final anti-dumping ruling. The European Commission recently announced that it has made a final affirmative anti-dumping ruling on steel fasteners originating in China, and decided to impose anti-dumping duties of 22.1% to 86.5% on the products involved.
- Chile: Lamb is allowed to be exported to China.(Before is pending because of virus was found in the lamb)
- Strategy Analytics: In the fourth quarter of 2021, the wholesale revenue and average selling price of the global smartphone industry will increase by 6% and 9% year-on-year, respectively, and the full year of 2021 will also increase by 15% and 10% year-on-year, respectively. Apple maintained its lead, followed by Samsung. In terms of revenue, Xiaomi maintained the third place, followed by OPPO and vivo.
- Global orders for new ships surged to 1,746. According to a report recently released by Clarksons, the number of new ship orders in the world last year totaled 1,746 ships of 123 million deadweight tons, with a total contract value of 109.6 billion US dollars. Among them, the order volume of new container ships reached 569 ships of 4.3 million TEU, with a contract value of 42.8 billion US dollars, a record high.
- Haidilao: It is estimated that the net loss in 2021 will be about 3.8 billion to 4.5 billion yuan, and the revenue is expected to exceed 40 billion yuan, an increase of more than 40%. The main reason for the loss is the closing of more than 300 restaurants in 2021 and the decline in restaurant operating performance. The one-time loss and impairment loss of long-term assets caused by factors such as the disposal of long-term assets total about 3.3 billion to 3.9 billion yuan; the epidemic situation is repeated, 2020-2021 Rapid expansion of store network and internal management issues.
- Miaotou StockViva: Recently received $3 million in Series A financing. This round of financing was invested by Singapore’s Farquhar VC, Luxembourg Kharis Capital, Hong Kong Honghuan Group, Hong Kong Angelhub, etc. The funds will be mainly used to expand the product engineer team and provide more support resources for the platform KOL. The cumulative financing amount exceeds 5 million US dollars.
- Kuaishou: Kuaishou Sports has reached a copyright cooperation with UEFA to become the official live broadcast and short video platform of the UEFA Champions League this season (2021/2022 season), and has also obtained the authorization of the UEFA Champions League live broadcast and short video creation.
- Wish announces shoppable video feature. A few days ago, Wish announced that it is launching a new feature called “Wish Clips”, which aims to enhance the customer experience and simplify the purchase path to help sellers improve traffic conversion. Currently, the feature is available for Android mobile device users in 9 major Wish markets.
- Samsung TV sales ranked first in the world for 16 consecutive years. Recently, the market research agency Omdia released data showing that in 2021, Samsung Electronics’ global market share based on sales will be 29.5%, and the market share based on quantity will be 19.8%, winning the championship for 16 consecutive years.
- Hilton Group’s revenue rose 34.39% year-on-year. According to financial data released by Hilton Hotel Group recently, in 2021, the group’s revenue was US$5.788 billion, a year-on-year increase of 34.39%; net profit was US$410 million, compared with a net loss of US$715 million in the same period last year; and adjusted EBITDA was US$1.629 billion.
- The State Council: issued the “14th Five-Year Plan” National Aging Development and Elderly Service System Plan. During the “14th Five-Year Plan” period, vigorously develop the silver-haired economy and create an elderly-friendly society. Continue to expand the coverage of basic old-age insurance, realize national overall planning of basic old-age insurance for enterprise employees as soon as possible, and implement a gradual extension of the statutory retirement age. By 2025, the total number of elderly care beds will reach more than 9 million; the proportion of nursing beds in elderly care institutions nationwide will increase to 55%; the construction rate of county-level support service facilities (homes for the elderly) for the extremely poor will reach 100%.
- Bureau of Statistics: In January, the sales price of newly built commercial housing in first-tier cities changed from a month-on-month decrease of 0.1% to an increase of 0.6%, and a year-on-year increase of 4.4%; second-hand housing in first-tier cities increased by 0.1% month-on-month and 4.1% year-on-year. The sales prices of new commercial housing and second-hand housing in 70 large and medium-sized cities weakened month-on-month, and the year-on-year growth rate generally fell. Among them, Yinchuan led the way with a month-on-month increase of 1.5%, Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou and Shenzhen increased by 1.0%, 0.6%, 0.5% and 0.5% respectively.
- Securities Times: It is reported that the down payment ratio of housing loans in Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou, Shenzhen, Qingdao, Chengdu, Hangzhou and other places has not changed, and the down payment ratio of first home loan in most cities is still 30%.
- China has fully launched the “East Number and West Calculation” project. The National Development and Reform Commission and other departments recently issued documents agreeing to start the construction of national computing power hub nodes in Beijing-Tianjin-Hebei, Yangtze River Delta, Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Greater Bay Area, Chengdu-Chongqing, Inner Mongolia, Guizhou, Gansu, and Ningxia. So far, the “East and West” project has been fully launched.
- Last year, the number of newly established foreign-invested enterprises increased by 23.3% year-on-year. Recently, I learned from the State Administration for Market Regulation that in 2021, 61,000 foreign-invested enterprises will be established in my country, a year-on-year increase of 23.3%, and the investment focus will gradually shift to high-tech fields.
- Since the beginning of this year, the prices of major foods in South Korea have risen, and the price of “national liquor” soju is about to rise significantly. According to the industry, from February 23, the ex-factory price of shochu will increase by 7.9%. This is the first time that Haite Jinro has raised the ex-factory price of soju in three years. From April, South Korea’s alcohol tax on beer will rise to 855.2 won per liter, which means beer prices may also rise.
- Brazil’s retail sales have grown for five consecutive years. Recently, data released by the Brazilian Institute of Geography and Statistics showed that Brazil’s retail sales in 2021 will increase by 1.4% compared with 2020, which is the fifth consecutive year of growth in the country’s retail sales. Among them, Brazil has the highest growth in sales of automobiles, motorcycles and parts, up 14.9% from 2020.
- The total foreign trade volume of Laos is 13 billion US dollars, achieving a surplus. The website of the Ministry of Industry and Trade of Laos recently announced that in 2021, Laos’ total foreign trade volume will be US$13 billion (excluding electricity exports). The country’s cumulative exports are 7 billion US dollars; cumulative imports are 6 billion US dollars. The data shows that Laos’ largest exporter is China, and its largest importer is Thailand.
- The transaction volume of online shopping in South Korea has grown substantially to a new high. Recently, Statistics Korea released “Online Shopping Trends in December 2021 and Annual”. The data shows that the transaction volume of Korean online shopping in 2021 will be 192.89 trillion won, a year-on-year increase of 21.0% in 2020, setting a history of statistics related data since 2001. new highs.
- Ethiopia: Renaissance Dam begins generating electricity. It is reported that when fully operational, the Renaissance Dam will be the largest hydropower station in Africa and is expected to provide electricity to 65 million Ethiopians.
- Kazakhstan: Almaty Region will build a large logistics hub. After completion, more than 100,000 kinds of commodities can be guaranteed to be delivered to all parts of Almaty within 24 hours.