- United Kingdom: Started to negotiate accession matters with CPTPP members.
- Argentina: Beef export restrictions will be lifted, and cattle farmers will be allowed to freely export beef to China.
- Argentina: The withholding tax on exports of service trade will be abolished, which will take effect from January 1, 2022.
- Cambodia: Mango exports to China have grown rapidly. The scale of mango exports to China this year has exceeded 200 tons.
- Cambodia and South Korea are expected to sign the FTA in October this year. After the agreement takes effect, products in the Cambodian Special
- Economic Zone can be exported to South Korea with zero tariffs.
- Germany: In September, the manufacturing export expectations index rebounded again, from 17.0 points to 21.0 points month-on-month, and industrial exports performed strongly.
- Graphite electrodes: The Eurasian Economic Union levies anti-dumping duties ranging from 14.04% to 28.20%. The measures will take effect on January 1, 2022, with a validity period of 5 years. The case involved products under the tax number 8545110089 of the Eurasian Economic Union.
- Electroplated chrome steel: The EU initiates an anti-dumping investigation. The European Commission issued an announcement stating that it is conducting an anti-dumping investigation on electroplated chrome steel originating in China and Brazil. This case involved products under the EU CN codes 72105000 and 7212520.
- China State Administration of Foreign Exchange: In August, China’s international trade in goods and services income and expenditure accounted for 1969.7 billion yuan, expenditures 175.1 billion yuan, and a surplus of 291.6 billion yuan. Among them, income from trade in goods was 1,188.8 billion yuan; income from trade in services was 178 billion yuan.
- The China-Europe Express “Shanghai” successfully debuted in Germany. , The China-Europe Railway Express “Shanghai” loaded with 50 containers of cargo departed from the freight yard of Minhang Railway Station to Hamburg, Germany, and is expected to arrive in Hamburg, Germany in two weeks. This marked the successful launch of the Shanghai-German China-Europe train.
- Ford will make the largest manufacturing investment in history. Ford Motor has announced plans to build the first new assembly plant in the United States in decades, as well as three battery plants. It is expected to invest 7 billion U.S. dollars in the project and cooperate with South Korean battery manufacturer SK Innovation (SK Innovation).
- OPEC: Global oil demand is picking up. A few days ago, OPEC released the “World Petroleum Outlook Report” and pointed out that by 2023, global fuel demand will fully recover from the epidemic and continue to grow until it reaches a stable level in 2035. Although many advanced economies are currently transitioning to low-emission energy sources, the global demand for oil and natural gas will continue for several years.
- At present, lithium carbonate, lithium hydroxide, electrolyte, etc. have all increased to varying degrees, and the prices of some lithium battery raw materials have risen by more than 200% this year. The current price of lithium carbonate is close to 190,000 yuan/ton, which has risen by more than 50% in the past month, which is as high as 233% compared to the beginning of the year.
- China Coal Industry Association: From January to August, large coal companies produced 1.85 billion tons of raw coal, a year-on-year increase of 3.5%; operating income was 2384.95 billion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 19.7%; total profits were 145.48 billion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 89.7%. Among the top 10 companies, 8 companies have increased their output, with a total increase of 104.13 million tons; 2 companies have decreased their output, with a total reduction of 24.46 million tons; 5 companies have increased their output by more than 10%.
- Ministry of Finance: In August, 32.609 billion yuan of lottery tickets were sold across China, a year-on-year decrease of 2.170 billion yuan or 6.2%. From January to August, lottery tickets sold nationwide totaled 247.292 billion yuan, an increase of 52.464 billion yuan or 26.9% year-on-year.
- Recently, the American Semiconductor Industry Association released the “2021 National Semiconductor Industry Report.” The “Report” pointed out that the capital expenditure of the global semiconductor industry has hit a record high in the past two years, and the industry capital expenditure in 2021 is expected to be nearly 150 billion U.S. dollars.
- Amazon announced that it will hold the “Great India Festival” in advance. Recently, Amazon India announced that it will advance the date of its flagship sales event to October 3, which will be opened on the same day as Flipkart’s TBBD and will last for one month. It also said that Prime members will be able to experience first The event.
- Flipkart plans to add 120,000 sellers throughout the year. Since the beginning of this year, about 75,000 new sellers have settled on its platform, and the cumulative number of sellers on the platform has reached 375,000. And said that it is expected to have more than 420,000 sellers by the end of this year, achieving the goal of 120,000 new sellers throughout the year.
- Maersk sells its container manufacturing business.
- Wuling Automobile: officially became Bilibili’s world’s first cross-border cooperation car authorized brand, and the first co-branded model Nano EV will be officially unveiled in November.
- Tmall Supermarket: Starting this year’s largest affordable Moutai high volume, from September 28 to November Golden Week, double volume sales for three consecutive days, 21,196 bottles are expected to be on the shelves on the first day. It is expected that the total amount of Moutai in Tmall Supermarket during the Golden Week will be significantly higher than that during the Mid-Autumn Festival.
- FAW Jiefang: The goal is to achieve 120,000 new energy vehicle sales by 2025, accounting for 20% of sales, and revenue of 50 billion yuan; in 2035, to achieve sales of 500,000 new energy vehicles, accounting for 70% of sales. The revenue is 250 billion yuan.
- Sinopec: The country’s first net zero-emission “oil, gas, hydrogen, electric service” integrated energy station, Sinopec Shandong Jinan Petroleum’s 58th integrated energy station has been officially put into operation recently. Sinopec has built 24 hydrogen refueling stations, 655 recharging stations, and 325 distributed photovoltaic power generation stations.
- Ministry of Commerce: In 2020, my country’s foreign direct investment was US$153.71 billion, a year-on-year increase of 12.3%. Direct investment in countries along the “Belt and Road” will be 22.54 billion U.S. dollars in 2020, an increase of 20.6% year-on-year, accounting for 14.7% of the traffic in the same period. At the end of 2020, China’s foreign direct investment stock reached US$2.58 trillion, second to US$8.13 trillion and the Netherlands’s US$3.8 trillion; 80% of China’s foreign direct investment stock was concentrated in the service industry.
- Korea Economic Daily: The United States requires TSMC, Samsung and other foundries to hand over data such as inventory, orders, and sales records that are considered trade secrets on the grounds of improving chip “supply chain transparency.” The United States said that more information about the chip supply chain is needed to improve the transparency of crisis management and determine the root causes of shortages. If companies are unwilling to cooperate with the U.S. government in submitting data, the U.S. government will definitely take action.
- National Railway Group: Railway National Day Golden Week transportation started on September 28 and ended on October 8 for an 11-day period. The national railways are expected to send 127 million passengers, and the highest peak day is expected to send 15 million passengers on October 1.
- Baidu Map: During the 2021 National Day holiday, Beijing, Guilin, and Chengdu are among the top three popular destinations for group tours in the country; Sanya, Shanghai, and Beijing are among the top three destination cities for free travel. Self-driving travel has become a new trend of travel during the National Day holiday this year. In terms of popular self-driving scenic spots, Wutai Mountain Scenic Area, Taishan Mountain Scenic Area, Huangshan Mountain Scenic Area, Jiuzhaigou Valley, Qinghai Lake Scenic Area, Qiandao Lake National Forest Park, Mogan Mountain Scenic Area, etc. are more popular.
- During the National Day holiday this year, the wedding market is gradually picking up, and wedding venues in many hotels have been fully booked. The sales of hotel wedding banquets and gold jewelry stores increased by more than 50% year-on-year.
- Nikkei Chinese website: Against the background of rising global raw material prices, foreign capital in the Japanese market is leading Japanese companies to increase prices. Because European and American companies are worried about inflation, they have passed on the increase in raw materials to prices, while Japanese manufacturers are unable to raise prices due to sluggish domestic consumption.
- German Federal Statistical Office: In August, the year-on-year increase in import prices in Germany reached 16.5%. The last time there was such a big increase was after the second oil crisis in September 1981. The main reason for the sharp rise in import prices is the rise in energy prices. Germany’s energy import prices in August rose by 93.6% over the same period last year. Among them, the increase in natural gas prices even reached 170.5%, while crude oil rose by 63.6%.