- Wen Qidong, Deputy Secretary-General of the China Lighting Association: It is predicted that the export value of the lighting industry this year is expected to reach a record high of more than 60 billion US dollars. In terms of domestic sales, the industrial scale of the lighting industry will be further improved from last year’s 600 billion yuan.
- South Korea: Exporting hydrogen fuel cells to China for the first time. The total export scale is 1.8 MW, which will provide electricity and cooling and heating for apartments and commercial buildings in Foshan City, Guangdong Province, China.
- According to data from the Foreign Trade Agency (Secex) of the Brazilian Ministry of Economy, as of August, the bilateral trade volume between China and Brazil has reached 93.835 billion U.S. dollars. Last year, the bilateral trade volume between the two countries was 102.56 billion U.S. dollars, breaking through the 100 billion U.S. dollar mark for the first time. Of all Brazil’s imports, 25.1% came from China.
- Stainless steel pipe: Thailand initiated the first anti-dumping sunset review case investigation. The Thai customs codes of the products involved are 73053110000, 73061110000, etc.
- Silicone resin sealant: India made a final anti-dumping ruling. It is recommended to impose anti-dumping duties on Chinese products involved in the case. This case involves products under the Indian customs codes 32 and 35.
- The ban on imports of household appliances in Iran has been extended and will last until at least March 2022.
- Container ships in Ningbo Port and Shanghai Port are congested. According to eeSea, a company that analyzes carrier schedules, there are 154 container ships berthed near Shanghai and Ningbo ports in China, and the congestion is even worse than in the United States. Currently, China has 242 container ships waiting for berths.
- FedEx announced that it will raise prices across the board in 2022, including FedEx Express (express), FedEx Ground (land transport) and FedEx Freight (air transport).
- IDC: Smartphone shipments in 2021 will grow by 7.4% year-on-year, and will maintain low single-digit growth by 2025 and return to pre-epidemic levels; shipments of wearable devices will increase from 450 million units in 2020 Nearly 800 million units by 2025; Apple will continue to dominate the field of smart watches.
- World Steel Association: Global crude steel production decreased year-on-year. According to data released by the World Steel Association, in August 2021, the crude steel output of the 64 countries included in the World Steel Association’s statistics was 156.8 million tons, a year-on-year decrease of 1.4%. The total output in the first 8 months was 1.3219 billion tons, an increase of 10.6% year-on-year.
- CCTV: The market for new energy vehicles and lithium batteries continues to be hot, and the prices of lithium battery raw materials continue to hit new highs. Among them, the cathode material is the most critical raw material for lithium batteries, including lithium carbonate and lithium hydroxide. The current price of lithium carbonate products is close to 190,000 yuan/ton, which has risen by more than 50% in the past month. Compared with the price of around 57,000 yuan per ton at the beginning of the year, the increase has reached 233%.
- American Semiconductor Industry Association SIA: The shortage of chips caused by the new crown epidemic has spread all over the world, and it has had a great impact on the end market including the automotive industry. In response to the core shortage crisis, in addition to increasing the utilization rate of the fab, increasing capital expenditure is the long-term response. The capital expenditure of the global semiconductor industry has hit a record high in the past two years. The industry capital expenditure in 2021 is expected to reach nearly 150 billion U.S. dollars, and it will exceed 150 billion U.S. dollars in 2022.
- China Economic Net: Last week, the global automobile production reduction related to the chip shortage surged by 576,500 units, of which the Asia-Pacific and North America regions accounted for 90% of the production reduction, which was 306,000 and 214,000 respectively. Up to now, the planned output of the global automotive industry has been reduced by 8.9 million vehicles, with a potential loss of 10.15 million vehicles. According to the industry, the estimated revenue loss of global automakers has been raised to 210 billion U.S. dollars, almost twice the estimated figure in May.
- Asia: By 2030, it will become the world’s largest food market. The latest survey reports of investment companies such as PricewaterhouseCoopers and Rabobank show that food spending in Asian countries is expected to double to US$8 trillion by 2030, and more than US$1.5 trillion of investment is needed to meet the above-mentioned needs.
- TikTok recently announced that its global monthly active users have exceeded the 1 billion mark.
- Yum China aims to open 1,000 Lavazza coffee shops.
- Bureau of Statistics: From January to August, the national industrial enterprises above designated size achieved a total profit of 56605.14 billion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 49.5%, an increase of 42.9% over the same period in 2019, and an average increase of 19.5% over the two years. In August, industrial enterprises above designated size achieved a total profit of 680.28 billion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 10.1%. At the end of August, the assets of industrial enterprises above designated size totaled 135.40 trillion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 9.2%.
- 36Kr: From 2020 to the first half of 2021, there will be a total of 1395 investment events in the semiconductor field, with a total investment of 362.226 billion yuan, and an average single investment of 259 million yuan. In terms of rounds, strategic investment accounted for 77% of the total. In terms of investment area, they are mainly distributed in Guangdong, Jiangsu, Shanghai, Zhejiang, Beijing and other places. The investment amount of the top 10 provinces and cities accounted for 92.44% of the total amount. From the perspective of subdivisions, the investment focus of private equity is mainly chip design and chip industry supporting industries such as materials and equipment manufacturing.
- Xinhuanet: As of June, the number of Chinese netizens has reached 1.011 billion, of which 12.2% are netizens over 60 years old, and the proportion of “silver-haired bow-heads” continues to rise.
- China Federation of Logistics and Purchasing: From January to August, the total social logistics in the country was 205.2 trillion yuan, an increase of 12.7% year-on-year, and the growth rate was 1.3 percentage points lower than that from January to July, and an average increase of 6.8% in the two years.
- Xinhua News Agency: Zhuhai China Airport exhibited a solar exploration science and technology experimental satellite developed by the Eighth Academy of China Aerospace Science and Technology Corporation, which is scheduled to be launched this year. As my country’s first solar exploration satellite, the successful launch of the satellite will mark China’s official entry into the “Era of Solar Exploration.”
- Shanghai: Gong Zheng, deputy secretary of the Shanghai Municipal Party Committee and Mayor, launched two “100 billion” Shanghai “14th Five-Year Plan” first batch of major tourism investment projects and investment projects. The meeting focused on the launch of 30 major tourism projects in Shanghai during the 14th Five-Year Plan, with a total investment of 113.2 billion yuan; 24 Shanghai tourism investment projects were announced, with an estimated investment of 115 billion yuan.
- China ranks 12th in the 2021 Global Innovation Index list. The World Intellectual Property Organization recently released the “2021 Global Innovation Index (GII) Report”. According to the “Report”, China ranked 12th on the Global Innovation Index this year, 2 places higher than last year.
- China’s automotive software market has entered a period of rapid expansion. It is estimated that the total scale of China’s automotive software industry will be 26.4 billion yuan in 2022.
- Various domestic commodity futures rose, with the daily limit of manganese silicon and ferrosilicon. As of the close of the afternoon of September 28, domestic commodity futures: most varieties rose, manganese silicon, ferrosilicon main contract daily limit, Zhengzhou Coal rose by nearly 8%, coke, LPG, etc. rose by more than 6%, EG, Zhengol, etc. rose by more than 5% , Red dates rose by more than 4%, cotton yarn, fuel, etc. rose by more than 3%, LU, thread, etc. rose by more than 2%, PTA, apple, etc. rose slightly; Shanghai tin fell by more than 4%, Shanghai nickel, iron ore fell by more than 2%, vegetable Meal and Shanghai zinc fell more than 1%, while palm and corn fell slightly.
- Panama: Commit to achieve zero emissions from shipping by 2050.
- The United States lifted import restrictions on Japanese food. Japan’s Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries recently stated that the United States has lifted all restrictions on food imports from Japan since the 2011 Fukushima nuclear accident. With the removal of import restrictions by the United States, the number of countries and regions that have adopted such measures on Japanese agricultural products has decreased to 14.
- Malaysia’s e-wallet transaction volume has grown significantly
- Recently, the Minister of Finance of Malaysia revealed that as of June 2021, the volume of e-wallet transactions in Malaysia has increased by 89% year-on-year to 468 million. At the same time, the number of merchants that have registered for QR code payment has increased by 57% to 1 million, and the volume of online banking transactions has increased by 36%.
- Singapore may reach the 6% economic growth target. The highest risk facing the economy is still the risk of the new crown epidemic.