Covid-19 and Vaccine
- The EU plans to launch a “vaccine passport” on June 1st.
- There is a shortage of vaccines in the European Union and the export of vaccines is prohibited.
- By 2022, China’s plastic surgery market will reach 300 billion yuan.
- Wuling Motors: Wuling Hongguang MINI EV Macaron reservations opened 24 hours and the order exceeded 10,000. With its low price and practicality, the MINI EV’s sales have broken through once it goes on the market, becoming the global record maker of small new energy vehicles.
- BYD: In 2020, operating income was 156.598 billion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 22.59%; net profit was 4.234 billion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 162.27%. It is planned to send 1.48 yuan for 10 parties. The net profit in the first quarter of this year is expected to be 200 million to 300 million yuan, a year-on-year increase of 77.56% -166.34%.
- Didi Chuxing: Announced the start of driver recruitment in Cape Town, South Africa’s second largest city, and will start operating locally in the near future. Didi currently provides services in 14 overseas countries. While expanding the African market, its business in Latin America is also advancing in an orderly manner, and plans to enter Ecuador in April.
- Douyin(China TikTok): On New Year’s Eve on February 11, the number of daily active users on the Douyin main site reached 580 million, the peak of the first quarter. According to insiders, the data of Douyin Speed Edition + Volcano Edition generally exceeds 100 million, which means that the peak number of daily active users on the three ports of Douyin is very close to or has reached 700 million.
- Walmart opens third-party market platform to foreign sellers.
- Shopee Brazil site officially opened.
- Wanhai Shipping will make more than 10 billion yuan in profit in 2020.
- GlobalData reports: From 2016 to 2020, Apple has acquired the largest number of AI companies. Apple has successively acquired Emotient, Turi, Glimpse, Real Face and other companies.
- Hon Hai(Foxconn) has more than 1,200 electric vehicle suppliers, and Hon Hai Precision will start mass production in 2023. The current goal is to obtain a 10% global share in the pure electric vehicle market from 2025 to 2027.
Trade, Import & Export
- The “Ever Given” freighter that ran aground at the bottom of the Suez Canal has been straightened. Maritime sources said that the freighter had resumed its “normal route.”
- StrategyAnalytics: Through close cooperation with British operators O2, Vodafone, EE/BT and Three, China’s two major manufacturers Xiaomi and Oppo are rapidly emerging. It is expected that these two companies will gain a high-digit shipment share in the first quarter of 2021. .Xiaomi and Oppo ranked third and fourth respectively in the UK smartphone market, leading Huawei.
- Brazil’s National Bicycle Industry Association: In 2020, the sales of bicycles in Brazil increased by 50% year-on-year. In São Paulo, Brazil’s largest city, the increase in bicycle sales was 16% higher than the national average, reaching 66%. According to the industry, the impact of the epidemic has resulted in a significant increase in bicycle sales.
- Due to the acceleration of housing construction and the increase in wood consumption, many construction companies in New Zealand are now facing a serious shortage of construction wood supply.
- Australia’s trade volume with China in almost all industries has plummeted by 40%.
- Russia: Capital companies will use China’s e-commerce platform for free.
- Brazil: The worsening of the epidemic has forced many car companies to suspend production. Affected by the worsening of the new crown pneumonia epidemic in Brazil, Toyota, Nissan, Volkswagen and many other car companies have recently announced the suspension of car production in the country.
- China and Iran sign 25-year comprehensive cooperation agreement.
- Russian corporate profits have fallen the most in 12 years. A few days ago, according to the Russian Satellite News Agency, an international audit survey showed that in 2020, the profits of Russian large and medium-sized enterprises had the largest decline in the past 12 years, a decrease of 23.5%.
- Thailand: Plastic straws will be banned from next year.
- Kenya: Launch 5G service. On March 26, a Kenyan communications operator held a 5G service launch ceremony in the capital Nairobi. Kenya has become the second country in Sub-Saharan Africa to launch 5G services after South Africa.
Leave A Comment