- From June 1st, the Philippines will enter a total blockade period for 14 days.
- 10,000 “mining machines” (machines that mine virtual currency) require 45 million kilowatt-hours of electricity a month!
- SAFE: In April, a total of 19.95 trillion yuan was traded in China’s foreign exchange market.
- Statistics Korea: A number of population data in South Korea have set a record low. In March, South Korea’s new-born population was 24,054, a year-on-year decrease of 0.6%, a record low in the same period. In the first quarter, the number of newborns in South Korea decreased by 4.3% year-on-year to 70,519, the lowest in history; South Korea’s total fertility rate was 0.88, a record low in the same period.
- Brazil: Issued the first severe rain shortage warning in 111 years.