COVID-19 and Vaccine
- WHO: 177 countries and economies around the world have begun to receive the new crown vaccine. Within one month, the “New Coronary Pneumonia Vaccine Implementation Plan” has distributed more than 32 million doses of vaccine to 61 countries. There are still 36 countries waiting for the new crown vaccine, 16 of which are expected to receive the vaccine provided by the “New Coronary Pneumonia Vaccine Implementation Plan” within 15 days. The plan also requires 10 million doses of vaccine so that another 20 countries can vaccinate their health workers and elderly people in the next two weeks.
- Regarding the question of whether a third shot is needed after half a year of the new crown vaccine, experts from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said that China currently has only half a year of vaccine data, indicating that it is effective for at least half a year, not that the vaccine only has a half-year protection period. Monitoring and observation of a large number of phase III clinical persistence over half a year are underway. There is currently no saying that a new enhanced third dose will be vaccinated after half a year.
- As of March 27, the box office of “Godzilla vs. King Kong” exceeded 300 million yuan in the mainland, and the first day of screening (March 26) exceeded 100 million yuan, surpassing the box office of “Creed” of 57.06 million yuan on the first day, becoming a resumption of work. Imported film with the highest box office since the first day.
- Bureau of Statistics: From January to February, the profits of industrial enterprises above designated size nationwide reached 11.14.01 billion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 1.79 times, an increase of 72.1% over the same period in 2019, and an average increase of 31.2% over the two years. At the end of February, the assets of industrial enterprises above designated size totaled 126.90 trillion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 9.6%; the asset-liability ratio was 56.2%, a year-on-year decrease of 0.1 percentage point.
- The main raw materials for electric vehicle batteries are metal cobalt, copper, and lithium.
- The three major operators earn 300 million yuan a day in 2020: According to the financial report data released by the three major communications operators, in 2020, the net profits of China Mobile, China Telecom and China Unicom will be 107.8 billion yuan, 20.9 billion yuan and 5.5 billion yuan respectively. , A total of 134.2 billion yuan, the three major operators earn 368 million yuan a day.
- National cement prices have “opened up”. Cement prices in East China, Central South, Southwest, Northwest and even Northeast China have all increased significantly. Among them, the Yangtze River Delta clinker started the fourth round of increase, with a cumulative increase of 100 yuan/ton, and the Pearl River Delta cement price rose for the third round with a cumulative increase of 60 yuan/ton .
- Chilean Fruit Producers Association: During the cherry export season from 2020 to 2021, Chilean cherry exports exceeded 350,000 tons, a year-on-year increase of 54.4%; among them, exports to China exceeded 320,000 tons, a year-on-year increase of 55%. China is one of Chile’s most important cherry export destination markets. Cherries exported to China accounted for 91.4% of Chile’s total cherry exports.
- Weilai Automobile: Due to the shortage of semiconductors, it was decided to suspend automobile production activities at the “Jianghuai Weilai” Hefei manufacturing plant for 5 working days from March 29.
Faraday Future: According to the official website, FF 91 has begun to accept reservations. The reservation fee is 50,000 yuan, which is fully refundable. Earlier news said that Faraday will be listed on the Nasdaq Stock Exchange through the merger with Property Solutions Acquisition Corp. in the future, raising a total of about 1 billion US dollars.
- The temporary closure of the Suez Canal may cause huge fluctuations in the shipping freight market. The freight rate of the China-Europe line in the consolidation sector may push up. Even if the congestion on the Suez Canal is resolved, the sequelae caused by the congestion will appear. Due to congestion of ships causing chaos in the schedule, a large number of blank flights may appear on the European route. At the same time, a large number of ships lined up to cross the river, and the continuous impact will also be lengthened. European ports will also cause new port congestion due to the large number of ships arriving at the port. The slow change of the week will also cause the lack of boxes to happen again. The rebound of the price of the European route will produce a siphon effect similar to that of the US route, which will drive the freight rates of other routes to rise.
- According to the prediction of researchers from the University of Cambridge, the total energy consumption of the Bitcoin mining process this year may reach 128 TWh (terawatt hours), which is equivalent to 0.6% of the world’s total power generation, which is more than the annual energy consumption of Norway as a whole country.