- At present, the epidemic is still accelerating in northern Vietnam, and four industrial parks have been closed, including Apple’s foundry Foxconn.
- The market for true wireless stereo (TWS) headphones has expanded rapidly in recent years. Strategy Analytics predicts that TWS headsets will account for 70% of all Bluetooth headset sales by 2021. In terms of the competitive landscape, Digitimes Research predicts that Apple will continue to be the largest supplier of TWS headsets in 2021, accounting for more than 40% of the market share. At present, the TWS headset industry is dominated by high-end products, and competition for low-end products is fierce.
- Counterpoint Research: In the first quarter, global smartphone revenue exceeded the $100 billion mark, setting a new high for the same period. In terms of sales share and revenue share, the Apple iPhone was the best-selling model in the first quarter. In the first quarter, the iPhone 12 series revenue accounted for 34% of the smartphone industry revenue.
- The South Korean construction industry has sounded the alarm due to the shortage of steel bars. Recently, the supply of steel bars has been difficult and prices have skyrocketed. Construction sites across South Korea are continuing to experience interruptions and delays. As the world economy resumes growth, investment including infrastructure construction has led to a surge in steel demand.
- UK National Bureau of Statistics: In the first quarter, the total merchandise trade between the UK and non-EU countries surpassed that of EU countries, while China surpassed Germany to become the UK’s largest source of imports. In the first quarter, the total merchandise trade between the UK and EU countries fell by 23.1% compared with the same period in 2018; while the trade volume with countries outside the EU fell by only 0.8% during the same period.
- Japan Work Machinery Industry Association: In April, orders from mainland China increased 3.3 times year-on-year to 37.8 billion yen. The amount is second only to November 2017, reaching the second highest level in history. Investment in equipment such as semiconductors and personal computers remains strong, while demand for machine tools in the fields of automobiles and construction machinery is also expanding.
- Global central banks print money and lead inflation, stock markets, virtual currencies, and real estate have repeatedly hit new highs. The production and circulation sector has suffered from the rising cost of raw materials, and the prices of bulk commodities have risen. The prices of major commodities such as copper, iron and rebar have repeatedly hit record highs.
- Among the nine major types of 50 important means of production in China’s circulation, the prices of 42 products rose in early May compared with late April, while seven products fell, and the price of one product remained the same. In mid-May compared with early May, the number of products with rising prices fell to 33, 13 fell, and 4 remained the same. Among them, the price of live pigs continued to fall, down 1.6 yuan per kilogram, or 8.0%, but the prices of seamless steel pipes, liquefied natural gas, anthracite, coke, and urea still rose by 10.9%, 12.0%, 17.5%, and 10.4% respectively. , 5.4%.
- Construction and building materials industry: The earliest response is the construction and building materials industry. Since July last year, upstream raw material suppliers have continuously sent price adjustment letters, ranging from gypsum board, board, pipe, wire to commercial concrete (concrete), light steel keel, etc. , Asking for price increases without exception, and more than once.
- Edible oil industry: Starting from the second half of last year, raw materials have risen wildly. The price of soybeans in the United States hit a nine-year high, and the prices of imported soybean oil and vegetable oil have doubled. The price of soybean oil has risen from a minimum of 4,000 yuan/ton last year to nearly 10,000 yuan per ton in April. The lowest price of vegetable oil was 7,000 yuan/ton from May to June last year, and it has now risen to about 12,000 yuan/ton.
- Energy-based raw materials: the same as in 2019, but the prices of iron ore, copper, and aluminum have soared.
- Steel: Since May, the domestic steel market has fluctuated sharply, changing from a skyrocket to a plummeting market. Around May Day, the domestic steel market skyrocketed again, breaking through a historical high in one fell swoop. The average spot price of rebar once broke the 6,200 yuan mark. The average spot price of rolled coils broke the 6,600 yuan mark.
- Downstream consumer end: The price increase of upstream raw materials is quickly transmitted to the downstream consumer end.
Under the pressure of soaring copper, aluminum and other materials, the home appliance industry has started a new round of price increases. Midea, Oaks and other home appliance companies have been unable to withstand the price increase notices for air conditioners, washing machines and other commodities, with an increase of 5%. -15% varies.
- Tires, tissues, diapers and other daily necessities can’t escape the fate of price increases. P&G CEO Moller said when announcing the price increase, “This is the biggest increase in raw materials in my 33 years at P&G.”
- White cardboard is raised by 1,000-1800 yuan/ton at a time, and it is held firmly by 10,000 yuan/ton.Last week, Nine Dragons Paper, which ranks No. 1 in the packaging paper industry in China, launched the fourth round of price increases in May. This round of price increases was only two days after the first price increase. In a week, the price of Nine Dragons Paper’s base paper rises on average every three days. This week, Nine Dragons Paper started the fifth round of price increases in May! Nine Dragons cattle cards and corrugated paper rose by RMB 250/ton, Dilong cattle cards, white-faced cattle cards, and coated cattle cards rose by RMB 200/ton, and recycled cattle cards rose by RMB 150/ton.
- Huawei will officially release the Harmony mobile phone operating system(鸿蒙HarmonyOS ). It is estimated that by the end of the year, the number of devices equipped with the Hongmeng operating system will reach 300 million, including more than 200 million Huawei devices, and more than 100 million terminal devices of third-party partners.
- Xiaomi Group: In the first quarter, revenue was 76.88 billion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 54.7%; adjusted net profit was 6.07 billion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 163.8%. Both total revenue and adjusted net profit hit a record high in a single quarter. In the first quarter, smartphone business revenue reached 51.5 billion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 69.8%; global smartphone shipments reached 49.4 million units, ranking third, with a market share of 14.1%.
- Amazon: and MGM have reached a final merger agreement. Amazon will acquire MGM for $8.45 billion.
- Disney intends to close 100 international TV channels. Part of the content will be transferred to Disney+, moving towards a future centered on streaming media services such as Disney+. Disney CEO Bob Chapek said that the company closed 30 international networks last year.
- Shanghai Securities News: Beijing’s high-level autonomous driving demonstration zone issued the first batch of domestic unmanned delivery vehicles on the road qualifications. JD Logistics京东, Meituan美团, and Neolithic新石器 became the first three domestic companies to obtain unmanned delivery on the road qualifications.
- Health Commission: There are more than 300 million smokers in China. The smoking rate of people aged 15 and over is 26.6%, and the smoking rate of men is as high as 50.5%. Tobacco kills more than 1 million people in my country every year. If effective actions are not taken, it is expected to increase to 2 million per year by 2030 and 3 million per year by 2050. In addition, there is ample evidence that e-cigarettes are unsafe.
- Ministry of Water Resources: Starting from June 1st, my country will enter the main flood season. During the main flood season, my country’s seven major river basins may have floods of varying degrees.
- Sichuan Provincial Bureau of Statistics: Chengdu has a permanent population of 20,937,800, exceeding 20 million for the first time, an increase of 5.8189 million compared to the 2010 Sixth Census. Currently, the total permanent population of Chengdu ranks fourth in the country, second only to Beijing, Shanghai, and Chongqing.
- Xinhua News Agency: It is estimated that by 2025, the total value of China’s Beidou industry will reach 1 trillion yuan. Beidou related products have been exported to more than 120 countries and regions, providing services to hundreds of millions of users.
- China Renaissance Capital: Released the “China Innovation Economy Report 2021”. In 2030, 5G will drive a total economic output of 16.9 trillion yuan; the total expenditure of Gen Z is expected to be 16 trillion yuan in 2035; the scale of China’s chip market will maintain a growth rate of 40%-50%, reaching 78.5 billion yuan in 2024.
- TV Tokyo, Japan: The Nomura Research Institute predicts that if the preparations for the Tokyo Olympics are terminated, Japan will suffer an economic loss of about 1,800 billion yen, or about 100 billion yuan.
- India has banned the two major social apps in the United States. American social media platforms such as Twitter and Facebook will suspend operations in India on May 26.