Covid-19 & Vaccine
- India hits a record high, 350013 in a single day
- CDC: It is recommended that the suspension of the use of Johnson & Johnson’s new crown vaccine in the United States be cancelled and a warning label should be added to the vaccine package; the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) should add a label to the vaccine to indicate that the vaccine will be 50% Women under the age of vaccinators are at risk of rare complications involving blood clots.
- European Commission President von der Lein: Vaccine supply and vaccination in the European Union are speeding up. As of July this year, it is expected that 70% of adults will be vaccinated against the new crown. In the past week, the European Union’s vaccination rate has accelerated significantly, with an average of 2.5 million doses per day. At present, 123 million doses have been vaccinated. Nearly a quarter of EU adults have received at least one dose.
- China is fully developing vaccines against mutant strains.
- Japan’s Tokyo Electric Power Company announced that a liquid storage tank containing radioactive waste at the Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Plant may have leaked.
- SpaceX: On April 24, local time, the SpaceX “Dragon” spacecraft successfully rendezvous and docked with the International Space Station. This manned mission is the second commercial manned space launch mission conducted by SpaceX and NASA.
- Approximately 75% of the western United States has been in a “severe drought” recently. In the past few months, several states, including Nevada, Arizona, New Mexico and Utah, have experienced their worst droughts since 2000. According to the California Water Resources Agency, this year is the fourth drought year on record in the state.
- From April, South Korea will increase the number of eggs imported, adding 15 million eggs to the original 25 million eggs. Prior to this, many highly pathogenic avian influenza outbreaks occurred in South Korean poultry farms, causing the price of eggs to continue to rise.
- At present, the lithium battery copper foil enterprises are basically in a state of full capacity production, and the market is in short supply. The orders of the enterprises are basically full, and the orders of the leading enterprises in the first half of the year are basically full.
- COMAC Jiangxi Production Test Flight Center was fully completed on April 24, marking that my country has formed a relatively complete large aircraft industry chain from scientific research and design, production test flight to delivery and operation. The main function of COMAC Jiangxi Production Flight Test Center is to undertake the production test flight support and operation guarantee of the domestic ARJ21 aircraft. After the project is officially put into production, it can achieve the production capacity target of about 30 aircrafts completed and delivered each year.
- CCTV News: Due to rising raw material prices and tight supply of display panels, the price of flat-panel TVs has generally risen. During the May Day period, the average sales price of flat-panel TVs in some shopping malls in Beijing will increase, from 3,600 yuan in the first quarter to 4,000 yuan. According to the industry, from the perspective of panel prices, considering that the shortage of raw materials such as glass substrates continues, the demand for superimposed panels is not weak in the off-season, and the price increase of TV panels will continue for a period of time. The tight supply and demand of LCD panels is expected to run through 2021 .
- Economic Daily: May Day(International Labor Day holiday) is approaching, and many people are about to start the “holiday mode.” Experts predict that the number of tourists on May 1st this year is expected to exceed the level of the same period in 2019, exceeding 200 million. Currently, train tickets, air tickets, scenic spots, etc. are ushering in the peak of bookings. As of April 22, the orders for air tickets, hotels, tickets, and car rentals during the May Day period have increased by 23%, 43%, 114%, and 126% respectively over the same period in 2019.
- Ministry of Culture and Tourism: As of December 2020, 2,397 counties (cities, districts) across the country have established a general library system with more than 20,000 libraries, which meets the reading needs of grassroots people.