Covid-19 & Vaccine
- China News Service: According to statistics, as of April 24, residents of 207 countries and regions around the world have received more than 1 billion doses of the new crown vaccine. The United States, China and India have the fastest vaccination rates for the new crown, with the total number of inoculations accounting for 58% of the global total.
World & China
- South Africa is currently the only country in Africa with electric vehicles, but the number is very few. South Africa will vigorously develop green vehicles such as electric vehicles and hybrid vehicles in 10 years.
- Intel’s chief executive said that the global chip shortage may continue for another two years. It is estimated that the entire industry may take two years to solve this problem, because it takes a while to build an assembly line or fab. The global shortage of semiconductor chips is causing a serious impact on industries such as automobiles, mobile phone manufacturing, and consumer electronics.
- The global supply gap of palladium in 2021 is about 1 million ounces, and this will also be the 10th consecutive year that palladium has experienced a supply shortage.The National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) recently announced that SpaceX, a subsidiary of Elon Musk, defeated Blue Origin and Dynetics and won the bid for the $2.9 billion lunar lander project. The project is part of NASA’s Artemis program, requiring SpaceX to build a lunar lander that will carry two astronauts to the surface of the moon.
- Recently, Hermes (Hermes) announced the first quarter of 2021 results. Calculated at constant exchange rates, sales in the first quarter reached 2.08 billion euros, a 44% year-on-year increase. The Asian market performed particularly strongly, and the growth of the Chinese market was particularly significant. Together with the 24% increase in US sales, the decline in European sales was offset.
- China Mobile has built more than 410,000 5G base stations, accounting for more than half of the country.