- According to the WHO website that monitors the variation of strains, there are over 3,000 mutated strains in India, but only a portion of them are reported.
- Development and Reform Commission: The mechanism for promoting the construction of charging piles in residential communities will be improved.
- China’s Guangxi’s container throughput has grown at an average annual rate of more than 30% for three consecutive years, ranking first in the country in terms of growth rate and ranking among the top ten coastal camps in the country for the first time. Last year, the cargo throughput of Guangxi Beibu Gulf Port was 296 million tons, an increase of 15.6% against the trend. In the first quarter of this year, the container growth of Qinzhou Port increased by 45% year-on-year. (Hundreds of millions of bags of snail powder a year drive the local economy).
- SensorTower: The total revenue of American mobile games in the App Store and Google Play exceeds $6.1 billion. A total of 23 Chinese mobile game products were shortlisted in the Top 100 best-selling list in the US, attracting nearly $1 billion in gold, and capturing 24% of the market share. This is the best quarter in recent years.
- IResearch: At present, China’s pet industry has entered a stable and mature period of orderly growth. The market size in 2020 will be close to 300 billion yuan. The pet industry will continue to maintain steady growth in the next three years. The compound growth rate is expected to be 14.2%. Reach 445.6 billion yuan.
- Energy Bureau: As of the end of April, the installed capacity of power generation nationwide was 2.23 billion kilowatts, a year-on-year increase of 9.5%. Among them, wind power installed capacity was 290 million kilowatts, a year-on-year increase of 34.6%; solar power installed capacity was 260 million kilowatts, a year-on-year increase of 24.3%. From January to April, the cumulative average utilization of power generation equipment nationwide was 1,214 hours, an increase of 107 hours year-on-year.
- WitsView: In late May, the prices of the three major application panels of TVs, laptops and monitors continued to rise. TV panels of various sizes rose by about US$3-11 year-on-year, with an increase of 2.2%-4.8%; laptops of various sizes rose by US$1.3-1.6 year-on-year, with an increase range of 5.2%-7.1%; monitors of various sizes rose by 2-3 year-on-year For the US dollar, the increase range is 3.3%-6.5%.
- Chinanews.com: Bytedance founder Zhang Yiming stepped down as CEO. Liang Rubo, co-founder of ByteDance, will take over as the new CEO.
- Tencent: In the first quarter, revenue was 135.303 billion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 25%; net profit was 47.767 billion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 65%. Specifically, revenue from value-added services business was 72.4 billion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 16%; advertising business revenue was 21.8 billion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 23%; financial technology and corporate services revenue was 39 billion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 47%. As of the end of March 2021, the monthly active accounts of WeChat and WeChat were 1.24 billion, a year-on-year increase of 3.3%; the number of QQ mobile terminal monthly active accounts was 605 million, a year-on-year decrease of 12.6%; the number of value-added service charge accounts was 226 million, a year-on-year increase of 14.3% .