- On May 17, the UK officially began to implement a new “Immigration Policy”
- Wang Bingnan, Vice Minister of Commerce: Strive to use 3-5 years to achieve full coverage of express delivery outlets in all administrative villages.
- Beijing Municipal People’s Government: At 00:00 on November 1, 2020, the permanent population of Beijing was 21.893 million. An increase of 2.281 million in ten years, an average annual increase of 228,000, an average annual increase of 1.1%. The data shows that the growth of Beijing’s permanent population has slowed down. Among the permanent population, 8.418 million people from other provinces and cities came to Beijing, accounting for 38.5% of the permanent population.
- Hurun Report: Released the “2021 Hurun Global Self-made Women Rich List”. In 2021, global self-made billion-dollar female entrepreneurs will increase by 30% year-on-year, reaching a record number of 130, a five-fold increase in ten years. Total wealth increased by more than 1 trillion yuan over last year, reaching 3 trillion yuan, an increase of 63%. China has two-thirds of the world’s most successful female entrepreneurs, more than three times that of the second-place US. Only one of the top ten is not from China.
- The U.S. printing money has increased the risk of global inflation.
- In the past year, the scale has risen from 4.14 trillion US dollars at the beginning of 2020 to 7.33 trillion US dollars at the end of the year (approximately RMB 47 trillion).
- Since March 2020, the cumulative scale of fiscal stimulus in the United States has reached US$5 trillion. The US is currently preparing a US$4 trillion “water release” plan, including a US$2 trillion infrastructure plan and a US$1.8 trillion plan. Dollar family plan. If these plans are completed, more dollars will flow to the market and the risk of inflation will increase.
- Goldman Sachs predicts that US core PCE (personal consumption expenditure) inflation will peak at 2.8% in May and will fall back to 2.25% by the end of the year.
- In April, the US Consumer Price Index (CPI) increased by 4.2% year-on-year, the largest year-on-year increase since the 2008 economic crisis.
According to relevant U.S. media reports, the prices of chicken, gasoline, houses, timber, and second-hand cars have all hit record highs.
- Myanmar sold 3 million U.S. dollars. This is also the third time that the Central Bank of Myanmar has dumped U.S. dollars in a large amount to stabilize the exchange rate in the past week.
- Cambodia also sold 50 million US dollars in October last year.
- Russia, Turkey and Brazil have announced interest rate hikes.
- Japanese eggs: On May 19, the standard egg price in Tokyo reached 260 yen per kilogram, or about 15 yuan, in the wholesale market, soaring to more than double the amount at the beginning of the year, the highest in 7 years and 4 months. value. The increase in egg prices in Japan is due to the increase in the number of people cooking at home during the epidemic, which has increased the demand for eggs; on the other hand, it is due to the worst avian flu outbreak in Japan since November last year.
- Gartner: The semiconductor industry’s capacity supply continues to be tight, and wafer leaders continue to increase capital expenditures and continue to expand production. The prices of some processes have even increased by 30%-40%. It is predicted that the global semiconductor supply shortage will continue throughout 2021 and return to normal levels in the second quarter of 2022, while the substrate capacity limit may be extended to the fourth quarter of 2022.
- Tubatu Big Data Research Institute: In 2021, the number of users using Internet decoration products and services will increase by 106% year-on-year. “Post-90s” accounted for the largest proportion of Internet decoration users, about 39%. In 2021, the proportion of one-stop decoration users will increase by 160% year-on-year in 2020. The proportion of small apartment decorations in first- and second-tier cities has increased year by year. In 2021, the proportion of users with decorations below 60 square meters will increase by nearly 10% year-on-year.
- Yonhap News Agency: In the first quarter, the sales performance of the Korean instant noodle industry generally declined year-on-year. This was mainly due to the gradual cooling after the explosive growth of instant noodle demand under the epidemic, as well as the increase in the price of raw materials such as wheat and the increase in shipping costs. In the first quarter, Nongshim’s sales fell 7.7% year-on-year, and Samyang Foods sales fell 10.5% year-on-year.
- In the first quarter, the world’s top ten packaging and testing companies (ps. providing complete packaging and testing services for semiconductor customers, including integrated services from chip front-end testing and wafer probe testing to back-end packaging, materials and finished product testing) total revenue 7.17 billion U.S. dollars, an annual increase of 21.5%, and most businesses showed double-digit revenue growth. Among them, packaging and testing leaders ASE and Amkor had revenues of US$16.9 and 1.33 billion, respectively, representing an annual increase of 24.6% and 15.0%.
- Hong Kong Disneyland: In 2020, revenue fell 76% to 1.4 billion Hong Kong dollars and a net loss of 2.7 billion Hong Kong dollars, which was the largest loss since the park opened. This is also the sixth consecutive year that Hong Kong Disney has recorded losses since 2015. In 2020, Hong Kong Disneyland had 1.7 million visitors, down 73% year-on-year, and per capita consumption down 18% year-on-year; hotel occupancy rate was 15%, down 59% year-on-year.
- Jingdong: In the first quarter, revenue was 203.2 billion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 39%; net profit attributable to parent company was 3.6 billion yuan, 1.1 billion yuan in the same period last year. As of the end of March, the number of active purchasers in the past year was 499.8 million, a year-on-year increase of 29%.