Covid-19 & Vaccine
- US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: The current conventional dose of the new coronary pneumonia vaccine may not be effective in protecting people with low immunity. It is recommended that they continue to take existing preventive measures-wear masks, maintain social distance, and try to avoid crowds and unventilated indoors Place to stay. In addition, the possibility of receiving additional doses of the new coronary pneumonia vaccine is being studied for people with weakened immunity.
- The epidemic in Thailand continues to spread, and the local government has expanded the scope of the “closed city”. As of the 17th local time, the number of new infections in Germany has risen for 10 consecutive days, with an average of about 1,100 new infections per day, an increase of 56% over the same period last week. This growth rate is higher than the early stage of the second wave of the epidemic in Germany last October.
- The rapid spread of the British Delta variant virus has exacerbated labor shortages.
- Tokyo Olympic Organizing Committee: Two foreign athletes (same team, same event) have been diagnosed with the new crown in the Olympic Village. This is the first time that athletes in the Olympic Village have been diagnosed.
- British “Financial Times”: American consumers have weakened confidence in the economy, are increasingly worried about accelerating price increases, and are pessimistic about the prospects for economic recovery. The latest July consumer confidence index released by the University of Michigan fell to 80.8 from 85.5 in June. The university’s chief economist in charge of consumer surveys said that the biggest concern now is not to create jobs, but to stop and reverse the accelerating inflation.
- The global economy has experienced its largest growth rate in 50 years. The World Bank recently predicted that global economic growth in 2021 is expected to reach about 5.6%, the largest growth rate in the past 50 years and the largest post-recession growth rate in the past 80 years. Among them, the United States will grow by 7%, the European Union and the Eurozone will grow by 4.8%, East Asia and the Pacific including China will grow by 7.7%, and South Asian countries will grow by 7.2%.
- The European Central Bank promotes the digital euro project. Recently, the European Central Bank’s digital euro project has taken an important step and was allowed to enter the “investigation stage”, which may finally make the digital euro land around the middle of 2021-2030. In the future, the digital euro will supplement rather than replace cash.
- Paypal increases the purchase limit of cryptocurrencies. PayPal announced that it will increase the cryptocurrency purchase limit for eligible Paypal customers to $100,000 per week, with no annual purchase limit.
- The U.S. Senate passed legislation to ban the import of Chinese Xinjiang products. This legislation assumes that all products manufactured in Xinjiang are manufactured through so-called “forced labor”, so it will be prohibited unless otherwise proven.
- Britain will ban the sale of new diesel and gasoline heavy trucks. The British government recently announced that it will ban the sale of new diesel and gasoline heavy trucks from 2040 as part of the country’s plan to achieve net zero emissions for all vehicles in 2030. In this regard, the UK also plans to build a net-zero railway network by 2050, and the aviation industry will achieve net-zero emissions by 2040.
- Germany: The export value of Chinese machinery and equipment in 2020 is 165 billion Euros, and the global market share exceeds that of Germany.
- Singapore’s GDP recorded the fastest growth rate in a decade. The Ministry of Trade and Industry of Singapore recently announced that Singapore’s GDP in the second quarter of 2021 increased by 14.3% year-on-year, the fastest growth rate in more than a decade, and a sharp rebound from the sharp drop in the anti-epidemic blockade measures implemented last year.
- Zhengzhou Customs, China: In the first half of the year, Henan Province’s total import and export value was 365.66 billion yuan, ranking first in the central region, third in the central and western regions, and 12th in the country; a year-on-year increase of 60% and an increase of 72.7% compared to the same period in 2019. In the first half of the year, the central region achieved a total import and export value of 1.53 trillion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 39.9%, making it the fastest growing region in China’s foreign trade.
- Chinanews.com: In the first half of the year, Zhoushan City completed a total port cargo throughput of 303 million tons, an increase of 6.72% year-on-year, and completed 50.05% of the annual plan. Among them, the throughput of foreign trade cargo was 99,396,300 tons, a year-on-year increase of 10.44%.
- Within two months, Amazon blocked nearly 300 seller accounts. According to Marketplace Pulse, in the past two months, Amazon has suspended hundreds of top Chinese sellers. Mpow and others were the first major sellers suspended at the end of April. Now this list has expanded to nearly 300 seller accounts (all located in China)
- Hapag-Lloyd issued an announcement to add value-added fees. The world’s fifth largest container liner company, the German shipping giant Hapag-Lloyd announced recently that it will impose value-added fees on goods exported to the United States and Canada from China! The margin is an additional US$4,000 for all 20-foot containers, and an additional US$5,000 for all 40-foot containers. It will be implemented on August 15th!
- COSCO SHIPPING Holdings announced that it has ordered 10 large container ships. COSCO SHIPPING Holdings announced that its indirect wholly-owned subsidiary COSCO (Cayman) Mercury Co., Ltd. has signed 10 shipbuilding agreements with Yangzhou COSCO Shipping Heavy Industries Co., Ltd. COSCO Mercury or its designated subject has ordered a total of 6 14092TEU container ships and 4 16180TEU container ships.
- CCTV Finance: With the in-depth transformation of smart terminals to adapt to aging, the threshold of the Internet has become lower for the elderly. The Internet penetration rate of people aged 60 and above in China is 38.6%, of which more than 100,000 elderly people are online for more than 10 hours a day.
- Post Office: To strengthen the guidance of strategic planning and optimize the business environment of the industry. It is necessary to further promote “express delivery into the village”, accelerate the promotion of “express delivery into the factory”, and actively promote the “express delivery to the abroad”.
- CCTV Finance: Hunan has become China’s first pilot province for low-altitude flights across the region. Hunan will accumulate experience in aircraft surveillance communications coverage, low-altitude airspace supervision, and low-altitude airspace operation management in low-altitude airspace below 3,000 meters to provide a theoretical basis for the national low-altitude opening.
- Four departments including the Ministry of Education: Issued the “Guidelines for the Construction of Schools of Nutrition and Health.” Article 25 of the “Guide” stipulates that elementary and middle schools are not allowed to set up small shops, supermarkets and other food business places in the school, and are not allowed to sell high-salt, high-sugar and high-fat foods and alcoholic beverages. Advertising is not allowed for snacks such as sugary drinks and seasoned noodles.
- Rainfall: After heavy rainfall in Yixian County, Hebei Province, among the five main mountain flood channels in Yixian County, the Beiyishui River reached 527m³/s, the largest flood since 1963. In addition, from July 19th to 21st, there were heavy rains to heavy rains in Guangzhou, accompanied by strong convective weather such as short-term heavy precipitation and short-term strong winds. The gusts in the port area increased to 8-9 levels. At present, Panyu District and Nansha District have issued white warning signals for typhoons.
Technology & Product
- Securities Times: The world’s first high-speed maglev transportation system with a speed of 600 kilometers per hour will meet the world on July 20 in Qingdao. This is currently the fastest ground transportation tool and a cutting-edge scientific and technological achievement in the field of rail transportation in the world.
- Space Agency: On July 17, the Zhurong rover traveled 509 meters and was about to reach the second sand dune. It plans to conduct detailed exploration of the sand dune and its surrounding environment. Up to now, the Zhurong rover has worked on the surface of Mars for 64 Martian days, and the Tianwen-1 orbiter has been in orbit for 360 days, about 375 million kilometers away from the earth, and the one-way communication delay is close to 21 minutes.
- Xiaomi’s mobile phone sales surpassed Apple’s, ranking second in the world. Market research company Canalys reported that in the second quarter of 2021, global smartphone shipments increased by 12%. (Top5: Samsung 19%, Xiaomi 17%, Apple 14%, Oppo 10%, Vivo 10%).
- Polaris Solar Photovoltaic Network: Up to now, 21 provinces including Hainan, Inner Mongolia, Hebei, Shandong, Jiangsu, Ningxia, Zhejiang, Jiangxi, Tibet, Sichuan, and Heilongjiang have announced the 14th Five-Year Energy Plan, of which 16 provinces have specified over 258GW The above new installation targets for renewable energy such as photovoltaics.
- The Shanghai Municipal Commission of Economy and Information Technology and the Municipal Drug Administration: issued the “Innovative Service Mechanism to Promote the Implementation Plan for the High-quality Development of the Medical Device Industry in this Municipality”. The scale of Shanghai’s medical device industry has achieved rapid growth and strives to achieve an annual growth rate of 10% by 2023. The annual output value of the medical device manufacturing industry reaches 50 billion yuan. At the same time, the review and approval of innovative medical devices is also speeding up.
- Everbright Securities: In June, the cement market officially entered the traditional off-season. Affected by the resonance of multiple factors such as busy farming, college entrance examinations, excessive rain and weather, downstream demand further weakened. The monthly cement output was 224 million tons, a year-on-year decrease of 2.9% and a month-on-month decrease of 7.4 %. Subsequent prices have not yet seen a substantial increase in the basis, and the overall lack of flexibility.
- China Mobile: announced the results of centralized procurement of 5G 700M wireless network main equipment. Similar to the previous 5G base station procurement results, Huawei became the biggest winner, accounting for 60% of the market. In addition to Huawei and ZTE, Shanghai Nokia Bell, Datang Mobile, and Ericsson (China) were all selected.