- Krueger, Director of the WHO European Region: The emergence of the mutant virus has “shattered” hopes for herd immunity, and he is pessimistic about the ability of the new crown vaccine to end the epidemic. The new coronavirus may exist for many years, and health officials must now predict how to gradually adjust the vaccination strategy, especially with regard to the issue of additional doses.
- According to data from the German Federal Statistics Office, in the first six months of 2021, German imports from the UK fell by nearly 11% year-on-year to 16.1 billion euros. Overall bilateral trade still fell by 2.3% to 48.2 billion euros, which caused the United Kingdom to drop from ninth to 11th in the ranking of German trading partners.
- Sri Lanka and Myanmar are experiencing foreign exchange crises.
- 5000 abandoned containers in Nigeria will be auctioned.
- The number of China’s overseas warehouses has exceeded 1,900, with a total area of more than 13.5 million square meters, and its business scope covers the world. Among them, the number of overseas warehouses in North America, Europe, Asia and other regions accounted for nearly 90%.
- In the first half of the year, there was a round of “core shortage crisis” around the world. The cumulative number of global auto production was about 3 million, and the supply cycle of mobile phone chips was also extended from 3 months to 12 months. The important reason is that the demand for smart car MCUs is more than 4 times that of traditional cars, and the demand for RF front-end devices for 5G mobile phones has also increased by more than 50%.
- Suffering from supply chain issues and global chip shortages, operations in most North American factories will be suspended from September 6, and factories in North America will enter a state of suspension. In Europe, German automakers said that they expect car sales in the third quarter to fall sharply compared with the previous quarter. The closing of factories of semiconductor suppliers in Malaysia and other places has made the situation more severe.
- Passenger Federation: In terms of new energy passenger vehicle production, in August it reached 300,000 units, an increase of 202.7% year-on-year and a month-on-month increase of 15%; from January to August, the total number of vehicles was 1.647 million, an increase of 234.2% year-on-year. In terms of sales volume, it reached 249,000 vehicles in August, a year-on-year increase of 167.5% and a month-on-month increase of 12.0%; a total of 1.479 million vehicles from January to August, a year-on-year increase of 202.1%; and the domestic retail penetration rate of new energy vehicles in August was 17.1%. It forms a strongly differentiated feature from the trend of traditional fuel vehicles, realizes the substitution effect on the fuel vehicle market, and promotes the pace of transformation of the vehicle market to new energy.
- The sales of new energy vehicles have grown rapidly in the past two years, but the main sales focus is on models of less than 100,000 yuan and mid-to-high-end models of more than 200,000 yuan, accounting for 33% and 43% of sales from January to July, and 100,000 to 200,000 in the same period. The interval ratio is only 24%. In the mature fuel vehicle market, sales in this price range accounted for 47%, and it is still on the rise. In the general trend of passenger car electrification, the increase of 100,000-200,000 yuan models is crucial to the further increase of the penetration rate of new energy vehicles.
- The world’s largest carbon dioxide inhalation plant was officially put into use in Iceland recently. The factory can extract 4,000 tons of carbon dioxide from the air each year, which is roughly equivalent to the emissions of 800 cars. Due to the cutting-edge technology and extremely high cost, there are currently only 15 such factories in the world.
- Science Daily: Climate change is causing animals to “deform”. As the earth gets hotter, some “warm-blooded” animals are deforming to better regulate their body temperature. Experts say that deformation does not mean that animals have adapted to climate change, nor does it mean that everything is “good”.
- Vietnam plans to build 25 key highway projects. The Ministry of Transport of Vietnam recently proposed a list of 25 national key projects and priority investment projects for the period 2021-2025. According to the draft plan, priority will be given to investment in major transportation corridors, regional interconnection and interconnection among key economic zones.
- Mexico’s mining sector has attracted a substantial increase in investment. The Mexican Chamber of Mines recently stated that Mexico’s mining investment will increase by about 42% in 2021, reaching more than US$5 billion. Mexico is the world’s largest producer of silver and one of the top ten producers of gold and copper. The country also has large potential reserves of lithium.
Saudi Aramco plans to open its largest unconventional natural gas field. So as to raise funds for this $110 billion project to help it achieve income diversification.
- Time spent on TikTok among British and American users has increased. According to the latest App Annie report, British and American users have spent more time on TikTok than YouTube. American users watch TikTok for more than 24 hours a month, which is higher than YouTube’s 22 hours and 40 minutes; the average monthly viewing time of British users is 26 hours, while YouTube has less than 16 hours.
- The night economy combines various consumptions such as leisure, tourism, culture, catering, shopping, etc. It is the “new blue ocean” of urban consumption. 60% of residents’ consumption occurs at night, and the “post-95” young people are the mainstay of the night economy. Through the “social + low price” model, the business model of the tavern can achieve revenue exceeding 100 million yuan.
- Economic Daily: Hot pot companies can’t go far only by “overwhelming”. In the Chinese restaurant market, hot pot has always occupied an absolute leading position. In 2021, China’s hot pot market will reach 700 billion yuan, ranking first in the Chinese food market. In the ever-changing market competition, hot pot companies relying solely on “overwhelming” store expansion can hardly conceal the fact that consumers are leaving. The repurchase rate is the vitality of an enterprise and the key to sustained profitability.
Leave A Comment