- Sinopharm: The intravenous COVID-19 human immunoglobulin (pH4) developed by China National Biologics has obtained the “Drug Clinical Trial Approval” issued by the National Medical Products Administration, and is approved for clinical trials. It is the world’s first new coronary pneumonia-specific treatment drug prepared from plasma after immunization with a new coronary inactivated vaccine.
- National Radio: Recently, the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention released data showing that since March 1st, the United States has wasted at least 15.1 million doses of the new crown vaccine, which is far more than the previously counted number of wastes, and may actually be more. With the spread of the new coronavirus delta strain, the epidemic in the United States has rebounded significantly, and the demand for vaccines has also increased significantly. At least 3.8 million doses of vaccines were still wasted in August.
- Mexico: Plans to stop imports of some gasoline products. Mexican President López issued a State of the Union address on September 1 and pointed out that the new energy policy seeks to achieve domestic production of gasoline products consumed in the domestic market and stop imports. To achieve this goal, the Mexican government plans to invest 33.581 billion pesos in six existing refineries within three years.
Algeria is exempted from all customs duties on oxygen equipment. Since mid-July, the number of patients infected with the delta mutant strain in Algeria has increased sharply, medical resources have been run on, and there has been an acute lack of oxygen and related equipment. The Algerian Ministry of Pharmaceuticals issued a decision on July 26, 2021 to waive all duties and taxes on all oxygen concentrators, oxygen tanks, oxygen concentrators and all medical equipment used for individuals to help hospitals and local manufacturers Control the high demand for such equipment.
- China replaced Poland as Germany’s largest furniture importer. According to the German media “Süddeutsche Zeitung”, citing data from the German Furniture Industry Association (VDM), in the first six months of this year, German furniture imports increased by 23%, of which China’s furniture exports to Germany increased by 45%, reaching a level of 1.5 billion euros. Poland has become by far the most important country of origin for furniture in Germany. Another 27% of imported products are made in Poland.
- Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations: Global food prices rose in August. The food price index was 127.4 points, up 3.1% month-on-month and 32.9% year-on-year. Among them, the sugar price index rose by 9.6% month-on-month, and the vegetable oil and grain price index rose by 6.7% and 3.4% month-on-month, respectively. The price index of dairy products and meat fluctuates slightly.
- Nikkei News: As the world’s major semiconductor manufacturers build new factories and increase government support for industries, it is expected that the investment of the top ten semiconductor manufacturers will increase by about 30% year-on-year this year. The 2021 equipment investment of 10 major semiconductor manufacturers in the world, such as Intel and TSMC, is expected to increase by 30% over the previous year, reaching 12 trillion yen. The government’s public funding support has also pushed up the scale of investment.
- Chinanews: In the past year, Asian LNG prices have skyrocketed by nearly 600%. In July, the growth rate of European natural gas even exceeded 1000%. With the opening of the traditional natural gas consumption season, localities are hurrying to reserve natural gas resources for the winter, and it is difficult to significantly alleviate the tight global supply in a short period of time.
- Ministry of Industry and Information Technology: From January to July, the business revenue of Internet and related service companies above designated size was 886.9 billion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 26.3%, and the growth rate was 0.7 percentage points higher than that from January to June; the two-year average growth rate was 20.5%, basically returning to 2019 The same period.
- IResearch: The market size of China’s home improvement industry in 2020 will reach 2.6163 billion, an increase of 12.4% year-on-year. With the continuous release of demand for renovation of old houses and the incentives of fine decoration policies, the market size of the industry is expected to reach 3781.7 billion in 2025, with a compound annual growth rate. Up to 7.6%. The key to the development of the home improvement industry lies in a better user experience and higher corporate efficiency.
- According to data from the General Administration of Customs, from January to June 2021, textile and apparel exports totaled US$140.086 billion, a year-on-year increase of 11.90% and an increase of 12.76% over 2019. In the first half of 2021, my country’s textile and apparel exports hit the highest level in the same period in history. Among them, textile exports were US$68.558 billion, a year-on-year decrease of 7.48% and an increase of 16.95% over 2019; clothing exports were US$71.528 billion, a year-on-year increase of 40.02% and an increase of 9.02% over 2019.
- United States: In August, the number of non-agricultural employment increased by 235,000, the smallest increase since January 2021. It is estimated to be 725,000 and the previous value is 943,000; the unemployment rate is 5.2%, in line with expectations, continuing to hit a new low since March 2020.
- German think tank Iver Institute for Economic Research: In August, the German automotive industry prosperity index fell sharply from 56.4 last month to 28.8, the lowest since April this year. The significant decline in the German auto industry’s prosperity index indicates that the industry is still deeply affected by the shortage of parts and components, especially the insufficient supply of automotive chips continues to drag down the production links of enterprises.
- BYD: From January to August, the sales volume of new energy vehicles was 266,480, a year-on-year increase of 192.64%. In August, sales of new energy vehicles were 61,409, a year-on-year increase of 302%; cumulative sales during the year were 372,630, a year-on-year increase of 64.3%. In August, the total installed capacity of new energy vehicle power batteries and energy storage batteries was approximately 3.521GWh, and the total installed capacity during the year was approximately 19.229GWh.
- SMIC: It plans to build a 12-inch foundry production line project with a capacity of 100,000 wafers/month in the Lingang Free Trade Zone, with a total investment of approximately US$8.87 billion. The registered capital of the joint venture company is planned to be 5.5 billion U.S. dollars, of which the company intends to contribute no less than 51%, and the investment entity designated by the Shanghai Municipal People’s Government intends to contribute no more than 25%.
- CCTV News: The “World Tourism Cities Development Report 2020” was officially released, and the number of domestic tourists in Shanghai ranks first in the world. In 2020, in the list of the top 20 cities for domestic tourist visits and the list of top 20 cities for GDP, Shanghai and Beijing occupy the top two, and the data is significantly ahead of other countries.