Covid19 & Vaccine
- Over 800 million doses of China’s new crown vaccine have been administered. As of June 8, 2021, a total of 80,896,962 doses of new coronavirus vaccines have been vaccinated in China.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: Currently, more than 171 million Americans have received at least one dose of the new crown vaccine, accounting for 51.6% of the total population of the United States; nearly 140 million Americans have completed two doses of vaccination, accounting for 42.1% of the total population of the United States.
- Shanghai: As of 20 o’clock on June 9, the new crown vaccination has exceeded 30 million doses!
- The UAE suspends entry of passengers from three other countries (Uganda, Congo, Zambia) from the 11th
- Passenger Association: In May, the passenger car market sales reached 1.626 million, a year-on-year increase of 1.1% and a month-on-month increase of 1.2%. Among them, the retail sales of new energy passenger vehicles was 185,000 units, a year-on-year increase of 177.2% and a month-on-month increase of 17.4%. From January to May, the cumulative sales of the passenger car market was 8.366 million units, a year-on-year increase of 38.2%. Among them, the retail sales of new energy passenger vehicles was 776,000, a year-on-year increase of 235.7%. It is estimated that the wholesale sales of new energy passenger vehicles this year is expected to reach 2.4 million units.
- World Semiconductor Trade Statistics Organization: It is estimated that the global semiconductor output value will reach US$527.2 billion in 2021, an increase of 19.7%; the output value of memory chips will increase by 31.7%, which is the highest growth rate. In 2022, the global semiconductor output value is expected to further reach 573.4 billion US dollars, which will increase by 8.8%; the output value of memory chips will increase by 17.4%, and the growth rate will remain the highest.
- IDC: For the whole year of 2020, China’s video conferencing market will reach US$950 million, or about 6.52 billion yuan, and the market size will increase by 18.9% year-on-year. It is estimated that China’s video conferencing market will exceed 10 billion yuan in 2024, and the cloud conferencing market will account for nearly 40%.
- Shanghai Integrated Circuit Industry Association: In 2020, the scale of Shanghai’s integrated circuit industry exceeded 200 billion yuan for the first time, reaching 207 billion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 21.4%. In the first quarter, Shanghai IC’s industrial sales revenue was 43.7 billion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 16.93%. It is expected that the sales scale this year will exceed 244 billion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 18%. The market prospects are promising.
- Huawei: According to reports, as of now, HarmonyOS upgrade users have exceeded 10 million. Huawei previously predicted that by the end of 2021, the number of devices equipped with the Hongmeng operating system will reach 300 million, of which Huawei’s equipment will exceed 200 million, and the number of various terminal devices for third-party partners will exceed 100 million.
- Shenzhen Business Daily: BYD’s first batch of 100 Tang EVs has been officially shipped to Norway at Shanghai Port, and the first batch of delivery is expected to be completed in August. As the first Chinese brand to achieve one million new energy vehicles off the assembly line, this shipment marks the official deployment of BYD’s new energy passenger car business in the European market, and Norway has become BYD’s first stop to enter the European pure electric passenger car market.
- JBS paid a ransom of $11 million to cybercriminals.
- The United States passed a comprehensive bill to deal with China’s technological threats. This nearly US$250 billion bill authorizes approximately US$190 billion to strengthen US technology and research and development, and will separately approve approximately US$50 billion in expenditures to increase US production and research in semiconductor and telecommunications equipment. Including 2 billion US dollars dedicated to automotive chips, previously due to a substantial shortage of such chips, automakers had to cut production significantly.
- Biden revised the “blacklist” to sanction 59 Chinese companies!
- President of El Salvador: El Salvador will grant permanent residency rights to immigrants who issue 3 bitcoins (approximately US$102,000).
- The British government: This month will submit a bill to decide to ban the sale of halogen bulbs from September. Stopping the use of halogen bulbs will save the UK 1.26 million tons of carbon emissions every year.
- On June 9, local time, Biden lifted the ban on TikTok and WeChat during Trump’s tenure.