- Global chip production capacity comparison: 12% in the United States, 22% in Taiwan, 21% in South Korea, 15% in Mainland China, 15% in Japan
- Yonhap News Agency: In May, the ship orders received by South Korean shipping companies totaled 1.42 million revised gross tonnages, accounting for 59% of the total global orders, regaining the top position in the world.
- Counterpoint Research: In the first quarter, sales of TWS headsets increased by 44% year-on-year. Sales in China increased the most year-on-year, while the North American market is still the world’s largest market. Apple has a dominant 57% market share in the $100+ market, followed by Samsung with 17%.
- China Steel Association: In May, the country produced 98.08 million tons of crude steel, an increase of 6.3% year-on-year; pig iron was 77.27 million tons, a year-on-year decrease of 0.1%; steel products were 122.69 million tons, a year-on-year increase of 7.1%. In late May, the steel inventory of key steel companies was 13.41 million tons, an increase of 0.9% year-on-year and a decrease of 0.1% month-on-month.
- CCTV News: The global semiconductor market will reach US$440 billion in 2020, a year-on-year increase of 6.8%. From the perspective of regional structure, China has been the world’s largest semiconductor consumer market for many consecutive years, with a market share of 34.4%. The share of the United States, Europe, Japan and other markets was 21.7%, 8.5%, 8.3% and 27.1%, respectively.
- According to data released by the General Administration of Customs of China on June 7th, from January to May of 2021, in U.S. dollars, the bilateral trade volume between China and India reached 48.155 billion U.S. dollars (about 308 billion yuan), a year-on-year increase of 70%. Among them, India imported 35.898 billion U.S. dollars of goods from China, a year-on-year increase of 64.1%.
- The U.S. imports 1,317 billion goods from China, an increase of nearly 50%
- Russian TV imports fell by 34% in the first quarter. At the same time, prices rose by 21% (in U.S. dollars), while prices in rubles rose by 35%. According to data from MarvelDistribution, in the first quarter of 2021, TV sales in Russia fell by 15% compared with the same period last year to 1.7 million units. Sales fell by 3% to 44.4 billion rubles. Compared with the same period in 2019, TV sales in the first quarter of this year increased by 11%, and sales increased by 20%.
- Germany: Merchandise exports in April increased month-on-month for 12 consecutive months.
- Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations: Global food import costs are expected to rise by 12% in 2021, reaching a record level.
- China Photovoltaic Industry Association: Calls for a boycott of excessive stockpiling and price hikes of polysilicon and silicon wafer products
- Jilin, Heilongjiang and Liaoning: Separate notices, requiring cement clinker companies to carry out peak shift production in summer. Among them, all enterprises with kilns in Jilin Province will start summer staggered production from June 10th, and stop kilns for 15 days; all kiln-owned enterprises in Heilongjiang Province will start summer staggered production from June 10th to 25th, and stop kilns for 15 days. The next 15-day staggered peak will be completed in July, and the time will be notified separately; the kiln will be shut down for 15 days in summer in Liaoning Province.
- CICC: China’s medical aesthetics market has entered a boom period. From 2015 to 2019, my country’s medical aesthetics industry expanded rapidly at a compound annual growth rate of 22.5%, but indicators such as the number of per capita diagnosis and treatment and penetration rate still have 6 times more room than overseas markets. It is expected that the industry will maintain a sustained high boom in the next 5-10 years. Among them, light medical beauty projects represented by injections and skin beauty are expected to seize a larger market share.
Health Commission and other departments: From June to December, a special rectification work to combat illegal medical beauty services will be jointly launched.
- UEFA: AntChain becomes the official global partner of the 2020 European Cup. The two parties will jointly explore the application of blockchain and other technologies to accelerate the digital transformation of the football industry. In addition, the first blockchain trophy in the history of the European Cup will be awarded, and the results and honors of the winning players will be uploaded to AntChain for permanent storage.
- The Verge: Facebook is developing a new smart watch that will have a detachable display with two built-in cameras for taking photos and videos.
- The camera on the front of the watch display can be used for video calls, while the 1080p camera on the back can be used to take photos when the watch body is separated from the stainless steel frame.
- 2021 Q1: Japan’s economy will decline by 1.6%, and its GDP will be approximately US$1.274 trillion.