- The “chip shortage” problem of global car companies has intensified. Many automobile companies including Volkswagen, Toyota, Honda, Nissan, Ford, and General Motors have announced plans to suspend or reduce production. IHS Markit predicts that in the first quarter of the global automotive industry, there will be 1 million cars delayed due to “core shortage”, and annual sales will decrease by 60 billion U.S. dollars.
- General Motors: It will suspend production or extend the suspension period for several plants in North America. The suspension of production due to the shortage of chips will reduce this year’s operating profit by 1.5 to 2 billion yuan.
- China Automobile Association: In March, China’s automobile production and sales were 2.462 million and 2.526 million, an increase of 71.6 and 74.9% year-on-year. Among them, passenger vehicle sales were 1.874 million units, a year-on-year increase of 77.4%. The sales volume of new energy vehicles was 226,000, a year-on-year increase of 238.9%.
- SAIC Motor: In March, car sales were 492,900 vehicles, a year-on-year increase of 112.94%. Cumulative sales in the first quarter were 1.142 million vehicles, a year-on-year increase of 68.24%.
- CRRC: In the first quarter, performance is expected to increase by 524 million to 748 million yuan, an increase of 70%-100% year-on-year. The sales volume of rail transit products increased, which resulted in a significant year-on-year increase in operating performance for the current period.
- Charging Alliance: As of March, members of the alliance have reported a total of about 851,000 public charging piles. Compared with February, the number of public charging piles increased by 13,200 units in March, an increase of 1.58% month-on-month and a year-on-year increase of 57.0%. From April 2020 to March 2021, approximately 25,700 new public charging piles were added every month.
- SensorTower: Released the global revenue ranking of Chinese mobile game publishers in March. The global revenue of 37 domestic mobile game publishers exceeded US$2.29 billion, accounting for 39.6% of the total global mobile game revenue. Tencent, NetEase, and Mihayou ranked the top three on the list.
- Stone Technology, a Xiaomi ecological chain company, has already finished building cars. The founder and CEO of Stone Technology, Chang Jing, personally managed to establish an independent car company. Stone Technology also invested in Stone Motor Company. The first car chose the extended-range technology route, and the initial product positioning was a hardcore off-road model similar to the Mercedes-Benz G series. It is said that Stone Technology’s car building project has been launched at the end of 2020, and the angel wheel valuation has reached 240 million US dollars.
- Sunny Optical: In March, mobile phone lens shipments were 130 million units, a year-on-year increase of 14.8%; mobile phone camera module shipments were 60 million units, a year-on-year increase of 52.1%, mainly due to the company’s rising market share of mobile phone camera modules.
- NASA’s Mars helicopter “Wit” will attempt a powered flight on Mars on April 11. This is its first powered flight outside the Earth to prove the feasibility of powered flight in the extremely thin air of Mars. It is expected Create a new era of planetary exploration where drones play an important role.
- Kyodo News Agency of Japan: Regarding Japan’s greenhouse gas emission reduction targets in 2030, a government official revealed that the Japanese government has basically decided to present a target of “45% reduction from 2013” within the month.