- Guangzhou Municipal Health Commission: Starting at 12 o’clock on June 7th, those who leave the province must hold a 48-hour nucleic acid test negative certificate.
- China: 19 new confirmed cases, 5 of which are in the mainland
- International Energy Agency: released the “Global Energy Investment Report.” It is predicted that global energy investment this year will reach 1.9 trillion US dollars, an increase of 10% year-on-year, and basically return to the pre-epidemic level, of which 70% of the investment is concentrated in the field of renewable energy. Specifically, the power sector will absorb about 50% of the investment. As installation costs drop, solar and onshore wind power will become hot investment areas.
- Jiwei: China’s Taiwan Semiconductor Factory’s new crown epidemic has spread rapidly from KYEC, Chaofeng and other semiconductor packaging and testing plants to the network factory Zhibang Technology. Even the employees of the IC design company that communicate with KYEC are also required to screen quickly. It will further affect the manufacturers located in Zhuke. The impact on the industry may extend from semiconductors and networks to the entire Taiwanese technology industry chain.
- Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations: Global food prices have risen to a nearly 10-year high.
- An Meng, President of Qualcomm: The Chinese market ships an average of 5 5G mobile phones per second.
- Weilai: In response to previous rumors about “Gemini”, this is the code name of a new product that the Weilai brand will launch next year. This will not be a low-end product, and the Weilai brand will maintain a high-end positioning.
During the epidemic, shopping through TikTok has gradually become a trend. The number of people who found products on TikTok and shopped soared by 553%, almost three times the increase of shopping on Instagram (189%) and Facebook (160%).
China & World
- China: The college entrance examination today. In 2021, 10.78 million people registered for the National College Entrance Examination, a record high.
- Xinhua News Agency: The member states of the Group of Seven including the United Kingdom, the United States, France, Germany, Italy, Canada, and
- Japan recently issued a statement in support of setting the global minimum corporate tax rate to 15%.
- South Korea: Internet sales maintained high growth in April, at 15.1 trillion won, a sharp increase of 25.2% year-on-year.
- WHO: There are as many as 600 million myopia patients in China, making it the world’s largest country with myopia. In 2019, the overall myopia rate of children and adolescents nationwide was 50.2%. The latest data show that the overall myopia rate among children and adolescents nationwide in 2018 was 53.6%, 81% for high school students, and more than 90% for college students, and myopia is irreversible.
- China Weather Network: On June 6, the high temperature in the north reached its peak in recent times, with the largest range and intensity this year, with local temperatures exceeding 40°C.
- El Salvador’s President Booker: On June 5, he stated that the country may become the first country to turn Bitcoin into legal tender.
- Chinanews: The U.S. Air Force is expanding a small development program to use reusable rockets such as SpaceX to quickly deliver cargo to anywhere in the world. The plan will research and develop some new technologies, such as “make rockets land on various non-traditional materials and surfaces”, “design rocket cargo ship warehouses that can quickly load and unload cargo,” and “use rocket cargo ships to drop cargo by air.”