- Canalys: In the third quarter, smartphone shipments in mainland China reached 78.8 million units, down 5% year-on-year. Vivo ranked first with shipments of 18.3 million units, and OPPO (including OnePlus) was firmly in second place, with shipments of 16.5 million units. Glory returned to the first echelon, entering the top three with 14.2 million units, and its market share rose from 9% in the second quarter to 18% in the third quarter.
- Securities Times: HPV vaccine is hard to find in China, and it continues to rank among the forefront of global vaccine sales, triggering the concentration of research and development by domestic pharmaceutical companies. Among the research vaccines, the 9-valent HPV vaccine has attracted much attention. China’s 9-valent HPV vaccine age group (16-26 years old) is about 120 million. It is estimated that China’s 9-valent vaccine market will reach 41.1 billion yuan in 2030.
- Lipstick: In order to alleviate the anxiety of appearance, luxury lipsticks, perfumes and light medical beauty have become the new rigid needs of contemporary young people. Consumers will buy 4.03 lipsticks per capita in 2020. Compared with the average annual purchase of 3.3 lipsticks per capita two years ago, this is a significant increase.
- Single: The single population in China is expected to rise to 92 million by 2021. With the rapid increase in a series of data related to the “lonely economy”, the catering industry is the most significant. In 2020, 112 companies related to “food for one person” nationwide will be registered, a year-on-year increase of 43.6%. Singles get the market, and the lonely economy has come.
- Bosch Group: Will invest another 400 million euros (467 million US dollars) in chip production in Germany and Malaysia next year to alleviate global shortages.
- Huawei: In the first three quarters, it achieved sales revenue of 455.8 billion yuan and a net profit margin of 10.2%.
- SAIC Motor: In the first three quarters, revenue was 538.372 billion yuan, an increase of 11.09% year-on-year; net profit was 20.35 billion yuan, an increase of 22.24% year-on-year. It is planned to invest in the establishment of Feifan Automobile Technology Co., Ltd. to separate the R brand and accelerate the development of the mid-to-high-end smart electric vehicle market.
- Baosteel: In the first three quarters, revenue was 278.222 billion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 38.90%; net profit was 21.59 billion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 171.53%. Cumulative cost reduction was 1.77 billion yuan, exceeding the annual target, effectively supporting the company’s operating performance.
- Haier Zhijia: In the first three quarters, revenue was 169.964 billion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 10.07%; net profit attributable to the parent was 9.935 billion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 57.68%. Among them, the third-quarter revenue was 58.345 billion yuan, a year-on-year decrease of 0.58%; the net profit attributable to the parent was 3.082 billion yuan, a year-on-year decrease of 12.43%.
- Tianqi Lithium: In the first three quarters, revenue was 3.873 billion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 59.58%; net profit was 530 million yuan, and the net loss in the same period last year was 1.103 billion yuan, turning losses into profits.
- SAFE: In September, China’s international trade in goods and services income was 2,097.2 billion yuan in terms of balance of payments, expenditures were 181.3 billion yuan, and a surplus was 295.9 billion yuan. Among them, the surplus in trade in goods was 368.2 billion yuan; the deficit in trade in services was 72.3 billion yuan.
- Bureau of Statistics: In 2020, China’s R&D expenditures will reach 243.931 billion yuan, an increase of 10.2% year-on-year, achieving double-digit growth for five consecutive years, and the total investment has ranked second in the world; the investment intensity (R&D expenditure to GDP ratio) is 2.40 %, the ranking in the world’s major economies has risen from 16th to 12th in 2016, which is close to the average level of OECD countries.
- Development and Reform Commission: The coal supply level of the national unified regulation power plants has repeatedly hit historical highs. Recently, the average daily coal supply has continuously exceeded 8 million tons, 2 million tons more than coal consumption, and the coal storage level has rebounded to more than 100 million tons, an increase of nearly 25 million tons from the end of September.
- Ministry of Finance: In September, China sold a total of 31.239 billion yuan in lottery tickets, a year-on-year decrease of 4.615 billion yuan or 12.9%. Among them, the sales of welfare lottery institutions were 11.84 billion yuan, a year-on-year decrease of 2.106 billion yuan, a decrease of 15.1%; the sales of sports lottery institutions were 19.395 billion yuan, a year-on-year decrease of 2.509 billion yuan, a decrease of 11.5%.
- National Marine Environmental Forecasting Center: It is expected that due to the weak La Niña event this year, the temperature in the northern part of the Bohai Sea and the Yellow Sea will be colder in winter and the temperature in the south will be slightly colder. The winter ice condition in 2021/2022 is predicted to be 3.0 in the Changbing Year. The ice begins from the end of November 2021 to the beginning of December, and the severe glacial period is from mid-January to mid-February 2022.
- Six departments including the Ministry of Education: Fully implement pre-charging supervision, and the pre-charging of academic and non-disciplinary off-campus training institutions should be fully included in the scope of supervision. Make arrangements to prevent elementary and middle school students from indulging in online games management. Include minor users in a unified online game anti-addiction management, and must not provide online game services to primary and middle school students in any form outside of the prescribed time.
- People’s Daily: As of the end of September, China’s charging infrastructure had accumulated 2.223 million units, an increase of 56.8% year-on-year. China has built the world’s largest network of charging facilities. In the first September, 237,000 new public charging piles were added, an increase of 164.5% year-on-year. As of the end of September, 1.044 million units had been built, a year-on-year increase of 72.3%.