- The draft G20 Communiqué shows that the leaders of the G20 pledge to ensure that at least 30% of the world’s land and sea are protected by 2030; “in the medium term” phased out ineffective fossil fuel subsidies; “do their best” in the “21st century” In the 1930s, new coal-fired power generation capacity projects will be stopped; the global minimum taxation agreement will be approved, and it is hoped that the agreement will take effect globally in 2023.
- SpaceX: Four astronauts will take off from the Kennedy Space Center on October 31st to the International Space Station on a Crew Dragon spacecraft. This is the fourth manned mission carried out by NASA. According to the plan, a total of six manned missions will be carried out and astronauts will be sent to the International Space Station on a regular basis.
- Weilai: Shanghai 1788 Square Weilai Supercharging Station is launched as the 1000th Weilai charging station. So far, the total number of Weilai charging stations has reached 1,002, covering 202 cities.
- Japanese publishing company Kadokawa Group: Established a business alliance with Tencent Holdings. Tencent will invest about 1.76 billion to acquire 6.86% of its shares, thereby becoming its third largest shareholder to further promote the IP-based global media portfolio. This will be Tencent’s largest deal in Japan so far.
- Guangming Daily: China’s elderly population has reached 264 million, and the scale of the silver-haired economy market has exceeded 5 trillion yuan. In addition, the online elderly-applicable product market is becoming more and more prosperous, and the number of online health service products for the elderly has increased by more than 10 times; the silver-haired group has become an important growth driver of the consumer market. In the first three quarters of this year, the silver-haired group’s online shopping sales increased by 4.8 times year-on-year.
- The scale of China’s animation users is experiencing rapid growth, and will exceed the 400 million user mark in 2020, and the scale of the animation industry will exceed 200 billion yuan.
- Xinhua News Agency: In the first half of the year, the passenger flow of 23 pilot pedestrian streets increased by 58.3% year-on-year, and the turnover of 11 demonstration pedestrian streets increased by 78.4% year-on-year. Urban business districts have once again become an important choice for Chinese residents’ consumption, and the economic development trend of business districts continues. Among them, new consumption models such as the first-store economy and night-time economy were introduced. In the first half of the year alone, the number of newly opened stores in Shanghai and Beijing reached 513 and 434, respectively.
- Chinanews.com: On October 30, the movie “Changjin Lake” has a cumulative box office of over 5.41 billion yuan, becoming the world’s box office champion in 2021 and temporarily ranking second in the box office list of Chinese film history.
- China Securities Network: In the first three quarters, R&D expenditures of 2,726 companies achieved year-on-year growth.
- Bureau of Statistics: In the first three quarters, cultural and related industry enterprises above designated size achieved operating income of 8,420.5 billion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 21.8%, and an average growth rate of 10.0% in two years, 2.4 percentage points faster than the year-on-year growth rate in the first three quarters of 2019. The construction of cultural industry clusters in the Beijing-Tianjin-Hebei, Yangtze River Delta, Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao and other regions has continued to advance, which has strongly promoted the development of related regional cultural industries.
Covid-19 & Vaccine
- Zhong Nanshan: It is expected that more than 80% of Chinese residents will be vaccinated by the end of this year.
- China Center for Disease Control and Prevention Wang Huaqing: The study found that the antibody level of the new crown inactivated vaccine increased by about 5 times one month after the third shot.
- Chinanews.com: Beijing, Gansu and other provinces have recently lowered the price of nucleic acid testing again. Beijing has reduced the price of a single sample of new coronavirus nucleic acid testing in public medical institutions from 80 yuan to 58 yuan per time, and the price of mixed testing of 5 samples and 10 samples has been simultaneously reduced from 30 yuan per sample, 20 yuan to 18 yuan, and 13 yuan.