- Nigeria launched Africa’s first digital currency “e naira”, becoming the first African country to officially launch a digital currency. Nigerian President Buhari said that digital currencies are the general trend. The issuance of e Naira is expected to increase Nigeria’s GDP by 29 billion US dollars in the next 10 years.
- Amazon became the third largest package delivery company in the United States. The latest data from Pitney Bowes, a global freight and e-commerce tracking company, shows that Amazon has surpassed FedEx to become the third largest package delivery company in the United States. Among them, USPS delivered the most packages (7.6 billion pieces), followed by UPS (4.92 billion pieces) and Amazon (4.2 billion pieces).
- eBay has invested millions to support exports of Peruvian companies. Recently, eBay announced that it will invest more than 1 million Peruvian Sols to support Peruvian companies’ cross-border exports and launch the “My business 24/7 on eBay” program. The plan will allow Peruvian companies to open stores on their websites for free and help Peru-made products to be sold to various regions of the world.
- The capacity of Vancouver Port, Canada’s largest port, will be exhausted. The port capacity is approaching the upper limit, breaking the balance between import and export trade and the supply chain. He also said that the accumulation of a large number of empty containers in the port will increase the cost of freight and delay the delivery of goods.
- The logistics cost of Chinese enterprises is too high: in the past, the logistics cost did not exceed 10% of the overall sales, and now it has accounted for at least 30%-35%. Some of the more urgent air freight requires almost 60%, and the cost is extremely high.
- Yiwei Lithium Energy: In the first three quarters, it achieved operating income of 11.448 billion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 114.39%; net profit was 2.216 billion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 134.18%. Net profit in the third quarter was 721 million yuan, a year-on-year increase of 23.7%. It is planned to establish a joint venture company with Zhongke Electric with a registered capital of 1 billion yuan and a subscription of 400 million yuan to hold 40% of the equity.
- Tesla: In China, the price of the Model S long-life version and Model X long-life version has been increased by 30,000 yuan. The current latest prices are 889,900 yuan and 939,900 yuan respectively, and the expected delivery dates are both in the first quarter of 2022.
- Nezha Automobile: Complete D1 round of financing of 4 billion yuan. This financing is led by 360 Group to invest 2 billion yuan, with CCB International and CITIC Securities Investment as co-investors. 360 Group has invested a total of 2.9 billion yuan in two consecutive rounds. The next round of financing has also started and will be completed soon.
- Boeing: Airlines in Russia, Ukraine and the Commonwealth of Independent States will need 1,540 new aircraft in the next 20 years, worth up to 200 billion U.S. dollars. The after-sales service and digital service market in the region can reach 320 billion U.S. dollars.
- Kawasaki Steamboat’s profit in the first half of the fiscal year is expected to increase 22 times. The Financial Association reported that Kawasaki Kisen, one of Japan’s three largest shipping companies, may announce a record pre-tax profit of approximately 230 billion yen ($2.02 billion) in the first half of the fiscal year (as of the end of September). It is the best semi-annual performance in the company’s history.
- Alphabet’s revenue and net profit surged in the third quarter. Google’s parent company Alphabet recently released its third quarter financial report for the 2021 fiscal year. The financial report shows that total revenue was US$65.118 billion, an increase of 41% compared to US$46.173 billion in the same period last year; quarterly net profit was US$18.936 billion, an increase of 68% compared to US$11.247 billion in the same period last year.
- Facebook’s revenue and net profit increased in the third quarter. Facebook announced its third-quarter financial report. The financial report showed that Facebook’s third-quarter revenue was US$29.01 billion, a year-on-year increase of 35%, and the market was expected to be US$29.57 billion; net profit was US$9.194 billion, a year-on-year increase of 17%, and the market was expected to be US$9.284 billion.
- Bureau of Statistics: From January to September, the national industrial enterprises above designated size achieved a total profit of 634.408 billion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 44.7%, an increase of 41.2% over the same period in 2019, and an average increase of 18.8% over the two years. In September, industrial enterprises above designated size achieved a total profit of 738.74 billion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 16.3%. At the end of September, the assets of industrial enterprises above designated size totaled 136.79 trillion yuan, an increase of 9.1% year-on-year; the total liabilities were 77.06 trillion yuan, an increase of 8.2%.
- Craig: After more than 10 years of rapid development in the real estate industry, the sales scale of the industry has basically peaked at this stage, and market supply and demand have turned to structural contradictions. In connection with the slowing down of China’s urbanization development process and the superimposed population aging problem, the real estate market demand growth is obviously limited. In the long run, the sales scale of the industry may gradually enter a downward channel.
- Hurun Report: Release the 2021 Billionaire List. The wealth of 2,918 entrepreneurs exceeded 2 billion yuan, an increase of 22% year-on-year, three times that of ten years ago. Among them, the 67-year-old Zhong Sui-sui from Nongfu Springs’ wealth increased by 7% over last year, becoming China’s richest man for the first time with 390 billion yuan. The 38-year-old Zhang Yiming, the founder of Douyin, grew wealth by 230 billion yuan, surpassing Ma Huateng and Ma Yun to rank second with 340 billion yuan. The biggest drop was Zhang Bangxin, an off-campus training institution for the future, from nearly 90 billion yuan to 5.7 billion yuan, a 94% drop. In 2017, Xu Jiayin, the richest man, saw his wealth shrink by 162 billion year-on-year, making him the entrepreneur with the largest decline in wealth on the list.
- China Fruit Association: Shandong apple production is expected to be reduced by 15%, Shaanxi, Shanxi, and Gansu will increase slightly, and Sichuan and Yunnan apples will increase significantly. The total output of apples in the country is expected to be about 45 million tons, and the total supply is sufficient.
- Russia: This year’s foreign trade volume may set the highest record in 7 years. In the first nine months of this year, Russia’s foreign trade volume has reached 540 billion U.S. dollars, of which exports amounted to 310 billion U.S. dollars and imports were 230 billion U.S. dollars. Due to the sharp rise in international energy and raw material prices this year, Russia’s increase in exports of these products has greatly increased the trade volume.
- India: India plans to lobby companies such as Tesla, Samsung and LG Energy to encourage them to invest in local production of batteries. The country is seeking to establish a domestic supply chain for clean transportation. Beginning next month, India will host five roadshows in the United States, Germany, France, South Korea, and Japan to persuade battery manufacturers to produce locally.
- Science and Technology Daily: Scientists have discovered two metal-rich near-Earth asteroids using the infrared telescope facility of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration in Hawaii. The metal content on the surfaces of these two planets exceeds 85%, and one of them has more reserves of iron, nickel and cobalt than those on Earth.