- As of October 19, as many as 62 container ships were waiting in line on the coast of California, carrying the equivalent of 200,000 containers, and the backlog reached the highest level in history.
- SAFE: In September, banks settled 1,473.4 billion yuan, sold 1,337.9 billion yuan, and had a surplus of 135.5 billion yuan. From January to September, banks have settled a total of 12,037.6 billion yuan, a total of 10,874 billion yuan in foreign exchange sales, and a cumulative foreign exchange settlement and sales surplus of 1,163.7 billion yuan.
- China Academy of Information and Communications Technology: Telecom business revenue has grown steadily. In the first three quarters, telecommunications business revenues totaled 1108.4 billion yuan, an increase of 8.4% year-on-year. The total telecommunications business calculated at the constant price of the previous year was 1,239 billion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 28%. In the first three quarters, the three basic telecommunications companies completed fixed data and Internet business revenue of 192.4 billion yuan, an increase of 11.2% year-on-year.
- China Securities Journal: Since the beginning of this year, the prices of 50 categories of chemical products in China, including liquid chlorine, natural gas, caustic soda, and acetic acid, have risen to varying degrees. Among them, 16 categories of chemical raw materials have more than doubled during the year. Faced with the cost pressure brought about by rising raw material prices, mid- and downstream companies are in a dilemma between the “rising” and “not rising” of their products, and they are on the road of rising or already rising prices.
- IResearch: China’s two-dimensional industry has entered an explosive period. In 2020, the overall market size will reach 100 billion, with an annual growth rate of 32.7%; pan-two-dimensional users are expected to reach 500 million in 2023. The two-dimensional culture is moving from subculture to mass culture. Emerging peripheral derivative markets include virtual idol live broadcast services.
- On October 22, Apple’s negotiations with CATL and BYD on battery supply came to a standstill. Taking into account the cost issue, these two top Chinese lithium battery manufacturers refused to set up separate factories for Apple in the United States to provide exclusive services.
- Toyota Motor: It will invest US$3.4 billion in the United States by the end of 2030 for the development and production of electric vehicle batteries. Including investment of nearly 1.3 billion US dollars to build a new battery factory, and plans to start production in 2025.
- Ministry of Finance: From January to September, China’s general public budget revenue was 16.40 trillion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 16.3%; from January to September, China’s general public budget expenditure was 17.299.3 billion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 2.3%; stamp duty was 348.5 billion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 34.4% . Among them, the stamp tax on securities transactions was 230.2 billion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 40%.
- Development and Reform Commission: A new round of refined oil price adjustment window opens. Gasoline is raised by 300 yuan per ton, and diesel is raised by 290 yuan per ton. On national average, 92 gasoline is increased by 0.24 yuan per liter; 95 gasoline is increased by 0.25 yuan per liter; 0 diesel is increased by 0.25 yuan per liter. According to the estimation of the 50L capacity of a general family car’s fuel tank, a full tank of 92 gasoline will cost 12 yuan more.
- A report jointly issued by Wells Fargo Fund, Bank of Communications Schroder, etc. shows that as of the end of 2020, the average return rate of female investors is 18.11%, which is 2.65% higher than that of male investors of 15.46%, and the average investment amount is 2077 yuan higher. In addition, the average return rate of investors under the age of 30 is less than 3%, and the proportion of profitable people is less than 50%; while the average return rate of investors over the age of 60 reaches 19.05%, and the proportion of profitable people reaches 60.42%.
- The Bank of Korea calls South Korea’s “MZ generation” youth (the generation born between 1980 and 2000) that the gap between the rich and the poor is very serious. As of 2020, the average wealth of the bottom 20% of this generation is approximately RMB 134,000, while the average wealth of the top 20% is approximately RMB 4.757 million. This means that the asset difference between the bottom “MZ generation” and the top “MZ generation” has reached 35 times.
- Korea Statistics Office: In the first half of this year, the number of delivery staff in South Korea hit a record high, reaching 423,000. The number of delivery staff surpassed school teachers (409,000) and computer software engineers (364,000). A person from the Korea Statistics Office believes that takeaways have the cause of the change in catering consumption patterns due to the epidemic.