Trade & Shipment
- South Korea: From October 1 to 7, South Korea’s export value was 15.2 billion U.S. dollars, and its export value increased by 63.5%. In the same period, South Korea’s imports increased by 58.6%, reaching $17.6 billion. South Korea’s total foreign trade is 32.8 billion U.S. dollars, and its trade deficit is 2.45 billion U.S. dollars.
- India: A 5-year anti-dumping duty is imposed on the acetoacetyl derivatives of aromatic compounds or heterocyclic compounds originating in or imported from China based on the CIF price of 24.79% to 44.90%.
- British media: There are 584 ships stranded in ports around the world, doubling the previous year. Under normal circumstances, it is an exception to have several ships stranded in a port. From June last year to September this year, ocean freight rates have been rising for 15 consecutive months, reaching a peak in September.
- Guangzhou Daily: The shipping quotations from Nansha Port and Yantian Port to the West Coast of the United States began to “cool off”. Compared with the peak on September 10, they fell by nearly US$5,000, a drop of more than 20%, and even some popular routes fell by 51.4%.
- United States: The largest container port faces a serious cargo backlog.
- South Korea: Decide whether to apply to join the CPTPP at the end of the month as soon as possible.
- Ministry of Industry and Information Technology: As of the end of September, the number of 5G base stations in China reached 1.159 million, the number of 5G terminal connections reached 450 million, and the gigabit optical network has the capacity to cover more than 200 million households. At present, the automotive industry is still relatively affected by the shortage of chips, but based on various intentions, it is expected that the fourth quarter will ease compared with the third quarter.
- China Automobile Association: In September 2021, Chinese brand passenger vehicles sold 821,000 units, an increase of 16.7% month-on-month and a year-on-year increase of 3.7%; from January to September, the sales of Chinese brand passenger vehicles totaled 6.433 million units, a year-on-year increase of 31.4%. As of the end of September, the production and sales of new energy vehicles had exceeded 2.1 million units, further consolidating the global leading position.
- SEMI: Global silicon wafer shipments are expected to achieve strong growth in 2024. The area of silicon wafer shipments in 2021 will increase by 13.9% year-on-year, setting a record high.
- China Academy of Information and Communications Technology: In September 2021, mobile phone shipments in the domestic market were 21.44 million units, a year-on-year decrease of 8.1%. Among them, 5G mobile phones were 15.118 million units, a year-on-year increase of 8.1%. From January to September, the total mobile phone shipments in the domestic market totaled 249 million units, a year-on-year increase of 10.2%. Among them, 5G mobile phone shipments were 183 million units, a year-on-year increase of 70.4%.
- China Electronics News: In 2021, the distribution of China’s VR industry chain will become more balanced, and the overall scale of VR companies will grow rapidly. There are 5 VR companies with annual sales exceeding 10 billion yuan. Judging from the annual sales distribution of the top 50 VR companies in 2021, companies with annual sales exceeding 100 million yuan accounted for more than 50% for the first time, reaching 27, and only 14 in 2019. Beijing’s VR industry leads the country, and Guangdong, Shanghai, and Jiangxi form the second echelon.
- Lei Jun (Xiaomi): The progress of the car and the team’s work has far exceeded expectations. It is expected that Xiaomi cars will be officially mass-produced in the first half of 2024.
- Foxconn: Launch of Foxtron, a pure electric vehicle brand. The three new models are Model C, a pure electric car, Model E, a pure electric SUV, and Model T, an electric bus.
- Xiaopeng Motors: Eco-enterprise Xiaopeng Huitian announced that it has completed more than US$500 million in Series A financing, with a pre-investment valuation of more than US$1 billion. This round of financing was led by IDG Capital, Wuyuan Capital and Xiaopeng Auto, followed by well-known institutions such as Sequoia China and Hillhouse Ventures. This is the largest single financing ever obtained by an enterprise in the field of low-altitude manned aircraft in Asia.
- Nike: Vietnam is an important production base of Nike, and 51% of its footwear products are processed in Vietnam. Due to strict local epidemic prevention measures, the Nike factory in Vietnam was basically closed from July to September. It is estimated that Nike’s current product inventory in the United States is the lowest in 30 years, and it can only maintain sales for about one month.
- Wal-Mart will transfer its purchasing center from Shenzhen, China to India.
- Central Office and State Office: Issue the “Opinions on Further Strengthening the Protection of Biodiversity”. By 2025, nature reserves with national parks as the main body will account for about 18% of the land area, and the forest coverage rate will increase to 24.1%. The protection rate of wetlands reached 55%, the protection rate of the number of national key protected wild animal and plant species reached 77%, and the relevant policies, regulations, systems, standards and monitoring systems for biodiversity protection were basically established.
- Development and Reform Commission: In order to ensure the supply of coal this winter and next spring, under the premise of ensuring safe production, vigorously promote coal mines with the potential to increase production to release production capacity as soon as possible, and the increase in coal production and supply has achieved obvious results. The release of carbon production capacity has accelerated, and the fourth quarter can increase production by more than 50 million tons; the daily output of coal hit a new high this year, and the average daily output of Shanxi, Shaanxi and Mongolia was 8.6 million tons, a new high since the beginning of this year.
- Development and Reform Commission: A symposium was held for key coal, electricity, oil and gas transportation companies to maintain supply and stabilize prices. At present, nearly 88 million tons of coal are stored in power plants across the country, which can be used for 16 days, an increase of more than 9 million tons from the beginning of the month.
- The richest 10% of Americans now own 89% of American stocks and funds.
- The industrial output value of the United States recorded the largest decline in seven months in September. The latest data released by the Federal Reserve showed that the value of industrial output in the United States (including the output of manufacturing, mining, and public utilities) fell by 1.3% in September, which was the largest drop since the 3.1% decline in February this year, far exceeding expectations.
- Sudan’s inflation rate continues to exceed 300%.
Leave A Comment