Covid-19 & Omicron
- WHO: The Omicron strain has been found in 89 countries. In countries with a record of community transmission, the Omi Keron strain spreads significantly faster than the Delta strain. The Omi Keron strain spreads rapidly in countries with high levels of population immunity, and it is not clear whether it is due to escape immunity, increased transmission, or a combination of both.
- Chinanews.com: The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention of the United States predicts that the Omi Keron strain will become the dominant COVID-19 strain spreading in the United States in the next few weeks. In the past week, the Delta strain was still the dominant strain circulating in the United States, accounting for 97%, and the Omi Keron strain only 2.9%. However, in areas such as New York and New Jersey, those infected with the Omi Keron strain accounted for 13.1% of new cases.
- General Administration of Customs: In November, 4859 tons of rare earths were exported, an increase of 86.1% year-on-year. Exports of refined oil products were 4.19 million tons, a year-on-year decrease of 15.3%, of which gasoline exports were 810,000 tons, a year-on-year decrease of 35.8%. Liquefied natural gas imported 6.9 million tons, an increase of 5.5% year-on-year.
- “Blue Book of the Electronic Cigarette Industry”: It is estimated that in 2021 the domestic retail market of e-cigarettes will reach 19.7 billion yuan, an increase of 36% year-on-year; the retail scale of foreign markets will be US$80 billion, a year-on-year increase of 120%, and a three-year compound growth rate of 35%. The market growth rate is significantly higher than the domestic market. In 2021, the scale of domestic e-cigarette exports is expected to reach 138.3 billion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 180%, of which more than half are exported to the United States, followed by the European Union and Russia.
- China Railway Group: The Spring Festival Transport in 2022 will start on January 17 and end on February 25.
- Hong Kong real estate giant and CEO of New World Development Group Zheng Zhigang recently spent about US$5 million to buy a “land” in the sandbox game The Sandbox. In November, the value of virtual land transactions reached 228 million U.S. dollars.
- China Liquor Industry Association: From January to October, the total wine production of Chinese liquor companies was 5.5819 million kiloliters, an increase of 5.49% year-on-year; the cumulative product sales revenue was 469.188 billion yuan, an increase of 18.62% year-on-year; the cumulative total profit realized was 133.817 billion yuan. A year-on-year increase of 28.12%; there are currently 963 liquor companies above designated size.
- China Electricity Council: As of the end of November, the installed capacity of grid-connected photovoltaic power generation nationwide reached 287 million kilowatts, a year-on-year increase of 24%. At present, photovoltaic power generation has surpassed hydropower to become the largest power source in Qinghai Province. According to the industry, the cost of photovoltaic power generation is expected to drop by another 50% in the next 10 years, and its share in the energy system will increase.
- Alibaba: Released the “Alibaba Carbon Neutrality Action Report”. Achieve carbon neutrality in its own operations no later than 2030; halve the carbon emission intensity of the upstream and downstream value chains no later than 2030, take the lead in achieving carbon neutrality in cloud computing, and become a green cloud; in 15 years, with the power of the platform Drive ecological carbon reduction by 1.5 billion tons.
- The Bank of Korea: The leverage ratio of South Korean residents has increased for 16 consecutive years, far exceeding the world average. Since the Covid-19 epidemic, South Korea’s macro leverage ratio was 254%, an increase of 29 percentage points from before the epidemic. According to the growth rate of various sectors, enterprises rose by 13%, residents rose by 10%, and the government rose by 7%, both higher. The average rate of increase in 43 countries in the world.
Leave A Comment