- Kazakhstan: The export ban on gasoline and diesel will be implemented. From November 21, the export of gasoline, diesel and some petroleum products through motor vehicles is prohibited for a period of 6 months.
- Vietnam: The export value of electronic products has increased significantly. Viet News Agency reported on November 15 that in the first ten months of this year, among 31 categories of commodities with an export value of over US$1 billion, the export value of computers, electronic products and parts reached US$41.16 billion, a year-on-year increase of 13%.
- Saudi Arabia: Will start the construction of the Prince City project. On November 14, Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman announced that he would launch the Prince Mohammed bin Salman project. The project is located in the Algar District of Riyadh, the capital of Saudi Arabia, and focuses on using advanced technologies such as artificial intelligence and the Internet of Things to accept venture capital from all over the world.
- South Africa: Restart the plan to sell coal-fired power plants. The main minister has reached a broad agreement to sell some of the coal-fired power plants of South Africa’s national power company Eskom, which is expected to bring in revenue of 450 billion rand.
- Cameroon: It is proposed to exempt certain import tariffs on rice from China and India. In order to stabilize prices, Cameroonian President Biya authorized the government to take special measures to exempt 25,000 tons of rice imported from China and India from tariffs.
- Measuring tape: Argentina initiated an investigation on the changes in the anti-dumping sunset merger situation. During the investigation of the case, the current anti-dumping duties continued to be effective.
- Iron or steel hexagon head bolt products: South Africa makes a final decision on safeguard measures. A final ruling was made on the safeguard measures for imported iron or steel hexagon head bolts, and it was decided to levy taxes at a rate of 29.8% to 31.8%.
- The global new energy vehicle market has seen a surge in sales. In the first three quarters of this year, the global new energy vehicle market sales totaled 4.2 million units, of which pure electric vehicles (BEV) reached 2.92 million units, an annual increase of 153%; plug-in hybrid electric vehicles (PHEV) sales were 1.28 million units, an annual increase of 135 %.
- Amazon’s online net sales have doubled in three years. The US market accounts for 93%.
- Shopee’s double 11 big promotion has sold more than 2 billion pieces. Data shows that in the first two hours of the big promotion day, the number of platform users’ visits rose to 5.5 times the usual day; during the big promotion, the platform record was refreshed, and a total of more than 2 billion products were sold. Home, fashion, beauty, etc. are most popular.
- For the first time, the East Passage of the China-Europe Railway Express broke 4000 trains. This year, the China-Europe express trains entering and exiting through Manzhouli and Suifenhe ports in the eastern passage of the China-Europe express trains have operated a total of 4,062 trains and sent 388,876 TEUs of goods, an increase of 28.1% and 35% respectively year-on-year. This means that the “East Passage” of the China-Europe Express Train has broken through 4000 trains for the first time.
- Hapag-Lloyd’s third-quarter net profit reached US$3.4 billion. Hapag-Lloyd recently announced its third-quarter financial report. The financial report showed that the company achieved a huge net profit of US$3.4 billion, with a cumulative net profit of US$6.7 billion in the first nine months of this year. In contrast, the net profit of the first three quarters of 2020 was only US$605 million.
- Bureau of Statistics: In October, the added value of industrial enterprises above designated size increased by 3.5% year-on-year in real terms, and the growth rate increased by 0.4% from the previous month; the total retail sales of consumer goods was 4,045.4 billion yuan, an increase of 4.9% year-on-year; the unemployment rate in the national urban survey was 4.9%, and It was flat last month. From January to October, China’s investment in fixed assets (excluding rural households) was 4,458.2 billion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 6.1%.
- Ministry of Commerce: From January to October, China’s actual use of foreign capital was 943.15 billion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 17.8%. From an industry perspective, the actual use of foreign capital in the service industry was 752.52 billion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 20.3%. The actual use of foreign capital in the high-tech industry increased by 23.7% year-on-year, of which the high-tech service industry increased by 27.9%, and the high-tech manufacturing industry increased by 10%.
- Bureau of Statistics: From January to October, China’s real estate development investment was 12,493.4 billion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 7.2%. The construction area of real estate development enterprises was 9,428.5 million square meters, a year-on-year increase of 7.1%. The floor space of newly-started houses was 1,67.36 million square meters, a decrease of 7.7%.
- Bureau of Statistics: In October, China’s crude steel output was 71.58 million tons, down 23.3% year-on-year. The average daily output was 2.309 million tons, the lowest daily output since 2018. From January to October, the country’s cumulative crude steel output was 877 million tons, down 0.7% year-on-year. The work of reducing crude steel output has achieved positive results.
Shandong along the Yellow River will cooperate in the construction of 50 inland ports.
- U.S. President Biden formally signed the bipartisan infrastructure construction bill on the 15th local time, setting out six priorities, including effective investment in public matters, avoiding waste of funds, fair use of public funds, and building an infrastructure that can effectively resist the impact of climate change. Infrastructure, etc.
- The United Nations Climate Change Conference reached a global climate agreement. Recently, the parties to the 26th Conference of the Parties of the “United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change” reached a new agreement to deal with future climate crises. The agreement includes a gradual reduction in the use of fossil fuels such as coal, and a course of action to limit the global temperature rise within 1.5 degrees Celsius.
- Germany’s economic growth forecast was revised down to 2.7%. Due to supply shortages, the country’s economic growth forecast for 2021 was revised down to 2.7% from 3.1% in March. And said that with the gradual recovery of the supply chain, the German economy is expected to rebound strongly by 4.6% in 2022.
- Thailand announced that it will take over as the presidency of APEC in 2022.