- The Times: The British government has convened a number of companies to discuss how to collect online business tax. It is proposed to levy taxes on retailers and technology companies whose profits have soared during the new crown epidemic, and a one-time “excess profit tax” plan is also being formulated. The taxation plan may be announced in the second half of 2021.
- State Council: Issue antitrust guidelines in the field of platform economy. The monopoly agreement in the field of platform economy refers to the agreement, decision or other concerted behavior of the operator to exclude or restrict competition; Other coordinated behaviors refer to the fact that the operators have not clearly entered into agreements or decisions, but are essentially coordinated and consistent through data, algorithms, platform rules or other means, except for parallel behaviors such as price following made by the relevant operators based on independent intentions. Analyzing whether it constitutes a restricted transaction behavior, factors that can be considered include requiring the operator on the platform to “choose one of two” between competing platforms, or other behaviors that restrict the transaction counterparty to conduct exclusive transactions with him.
- At present, the main control chip, IPCSoC, memory chip, WiFi chip and other core components used by security camera manufacturers are all out of stock. Mainly due to the shortage of upstream wafers and packaging and testing capacity in the semiconductor industry, the shortage of storage chips is the most serious, followed by the main control chip; the price of storage chips has increased between 20%-30%, and the main control chip has increased by about 10 Between %-15%, the price increase of some small chips reaches between 30%-40%.
- Bloomberg: On February 5, the number of supertankers heading to China, the world’s largest crude oil importer, jumped to 127 on that day, setting a new high since July 2020. If these tankers are fully loaded, it is equivalent to shipping 250 million barrels of crude oil to China.
- Tencent: In 2020, Tencent’s anti-epidemic health code has accumulated over 1 billion users, over 24 billion times of code display, and over 65 billion visits. It is the health code with the most users in the country. Almost one billion netizens in China have a health code, among which users in the 30-39 age group account for the highest proportion; more than 8 million people use the health code during the morning rush hour at 8 am, which is the time when the most users light codes at the same time.
- Korea Customs Service: In 2020, the export value of Korean cosmetics increased by 16.1% year-on-year to USD 7.57517 billion. Exports to China increased by 24.5% year-on-year to US$3.81 billion; exports to the United States, Japan, and Vietnam increased by 21.6%, 59.2%, and 18.0% respectively. China’s share of the Korean cosmetics export market has increased from 46.9% in 2019 to 50.3%.
- Guangming Daily: In 2020, there will be 5150 new medical aesthetics institutions in China, and the pure medical aesthetics market will reach 197.5 billion yuan, accounting for 17% of the global share. It is expected to become the world’s largest medical aesthetics country. The medical beauty industry has become the fourth largest service industry after real estate, automobile sales, and tourism.
- Confederation of French Beauty Companies: In 2020, China will become the largest exporter of French beauty products for the first time. In 2018, China was only France’s seventh-largest exporter of cosmetics, and rose to fourth in 2019. In 2020, French cosmetics exports amounted to 15.7 billion euros, a year-on-year decrease of 11.8% compared to 2019. At the same time, sales of French cosmetics exported to China rose by 20.7% year-on-year.
- Toyota: In January, sales of new vehicles in China increased by 30.4% year-on-year to 189,500 units. Sales were higher than the previous year for 10 consecutive months, and set a new monthly high. Nissan Motor increased by 23.8% to 146,200 units, maintaining a strong momentum. However, due to the global shortage of semiconductors, future production and sales may be affected.
- China FAW: In January, it produced 309,100 vehicles, a year-on-year increase of 21.6%; sold 420,500 vehicles, a year-on-year increase of 18.9%. Among them, the Hongqi brand produced 23,500 vehicles, a year-on-year increase of 130.3%; sold 32,500 vehicles, a year-on-year increase of 157.5%. The Jiefang brand produced more than 46,000 vehicles, a year-on-year increase of more than 57%; sold more than 79,000 vehicles, a year-on-year increase of more than 27%.
- Jaguar Land Rover: From October to December 2020, global sales reached 128,000 units, and sales in China increased by 19.1% year-on-year. In December, sales in China reached nearly 13,000 units, setting a new one-month high in the past three years, and achieving double-digit year-on-year growth for four consecutive months.
- Guangzhou Port Authority: In January, Guangzhou Port completed a port cargo throughput of 56.72 million tons, a year-on-year increase of 19.29%, and a single-month record high of cargo throughput; completed a container throughput of 2.0597 million TEUs, a year-on-year increase of 19.60%; of which domestic trade containers Throughput is 1.30.5 million TEUs, a year-on-year increase of 29.01%.
- In January, about 730,000 TEU empty containers “arrived” in Ningbo Port