- The total global FDI in 2020 is approximately US$859 billion, which is a 42% decrease compared with 2019. China’s FDI bucked the trend and grew by 4%, reaching US$163 billion. China surpassed the United States to become the world’s largest foreign capital inflow country.
- China Light Network: In 2020, the national output of lithium-ion batteries was 18.85 billion, a year-on-year increase of 14.4%; the output of lead-acid batteries was 227.356 million kVA, a year-on-year increase of 16.1%. In December 2020, the national output of lithium-ion batteries was 2.17 billion, a year-on-year increase of 26.4%; the output of lead-acid batteries was 24.901 million kVA, a year-on-year increase of 20.9%.
Bureau of Statistics: In 2020, industrial enterprises above designated size will realize a profit of 645.161 billion yuan, an increase of 4.1% over the previous year.
- General Administration of Customs: In December 2020, the overall customs clearance time for exports across the country was 1.78 hours, a decrease of nearly 1 hour year-on-year, and a reduction of 85.5% from 2017; the import customs clearance time was 34.91 hours, a year-on-year decrease of nearly 2 hours, a reduction from 2017 64.2%. Under the epidemic situation, China’s import and export volume will exceed 32 trillion yuan in 2020, and its export value will reach nearly 18 trillion yuan, both of which hit a record high. Imports have also remained basically stable.
- China Automobile Association: In 2020, the top ten export companies will be SAIC, Chery, Changan, Geely, Great Wall, Dongfeng, BAIC, Daqing Volvo, JAC and Sinotruk; the top five export companies will have an average export volume Is growing. The above-mentioned ten companies exported a total of 895,000 vehicles, accounting for 89.9% of the total export volume of auto companies.
- According to data from the Mob Research Institute, as of December 2020, affected by the epidemic, the average daily use of mobile phones per capita reached 5.72 hours, an increase of 11.9% year-on-year.
- China Steel Association: In 2020, China’s steel production will remain stable, with crude steel output of 1.053 billion tons, an increase of 5.2% year-on-year, breaking through the 1 billion marks for the first time; pig iron output of 888 million tons, an increase of 4.3% year-on-year; steel production of 1.325 billion tons, year-on-year An increase of 7.7%. In 2020, the sales revenue of key statistical steel enterprises was 4703.3 billion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 10.86%; the total profit was 207.4 billion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 6.59%. At the end of December 2020, the asset-liability ratio of key steel enterprises was 62.27%, a year-on-year decrease of 0.18 percentage points.
- China Automobile Association: In 2020, the automobile manufacturing industry will realize a cumulative profit of 509.36 billion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 4.0%, and the growth rate slowed by 3.2 percentage points from January to November, accounting for 7.9% of the total profit realized by industrial enterprises above designated size. In 2020, the automobile manufacturing industry will complete operating income of 8155.77 billion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 3.4%, ending the downward trend of the previous year, and accounting for 7.7% of the total operating income of industrial enterprises above designated size.
- Strategy Analytics: It is predicted that the total sales of Bluetooth headsets worldwide in 2020 will exceed 300 million units. Among them, the sales of True Wireless Stereo (TWS) Bluetooth headsets have increased by nearly 90%. Although less than one-tenth of the world’s people own Bluetooth headsets, the market for Bluetooth headsets has great potential because leading suppliers no longer bundle wired headsets with new smartphones.
- Canalys: In the fourth quarter of 2020, global smartphone shipments reached 359.6 million units, a slight decrease of 2% year-on-year. Apple’s iPhone shipments ranked first, reaching 81.8 million units, an increase of 4% year-on-year, a new single-season high; Samsung ranked second, with shipments of 62 million units, down 12%. Xiaomi, OPPO and Vivo are among the top five, each grabbing share from the troubled Huawei (including Honor). This marks the first time that Huawei has fallen out of the top five smartphone manufacturers in the world in six years.(ps.I think Huawei is out of top 5 due to the chip crisis.)
- In 2020, global gold demand fell by 14% to 3759.6 tons, which was below 4000 tons for the first time since 2009; global gold demand in the fourth quarter was 783.4 tons, down 28% year-on-year, the lowest level since the outbreak of the global financial crisis in 2008.
- Tesla: plans to build a battery factory near Berlin, Germany, to mass-produce new batteries with better performance. The energy density of the new battery is said to be 5 times higher than that of the existing model, and the cruising range can be increased by 16%.
- Xiaopeng Motors: The number of free charging service sites in Jiangsu, Zhejiang and Shanghai has greatly expanded, and the Jiangsu, Zhejiang and Shanghai region has achieved free lifetime charging services at 326 sites in 25 cities. Shanghai’s original free charging service stations increased from 52 stations to 94 stations; Zhejiang’s original 59 stations increased to 124 stations; Jiangsu’s original 70 stations increased to 108 stations. Lianyungang in Jiangsu, Zhoushan in Zhejiang and Lishui in Zhejiang are the first cities to realize free charging service for life.
- At the end of 2020, Tiktok has been downloaded more than 2.6 billion times. It was downloaded 850 million times in 2020 alone. Topped the App rankings in many countries
- Over 10,000 containers will be auctioned confiscate,in order to alleviate port congestion. Philippine customs auctions nearly 2,000 stranded containers! Those who have not picked up the goods for more than 30 days are considered abandoned. Vietnam Customs will confiscate more than 3,000 containers! Serious congestion in Lagos Port, Nigeria! More than 4000 container goods will be auctioned!