- WHO: Globally confirmed cases of new coronary pneumonia are expected to reach 100 million this week
- According to the latest epidemic data released by the Ministry of Health of India on the 25th, in the past 24 hours, there were 185 new confirmed cases in New Delhi, and a total of 633,924 confirmed cases. There are 13,203 newly confirmed cases across India, and the total number of confirmed cases exceeds 10.66 million. The fifth round of serum antibody tests against the new crown virus conducted in the Indian capital New Delhi in January showed that on average, 1 in 2 people in the capital New Delhi tested positive, indicating that they had been infected with the virus.
- China’s holdings of U.S. Treasury bonds increased by US$9 billion. It is the second largest creditor nation of the United States. Prior to this, China reduced its holdings of US debt for six consecutive months in 2020.
- China grants zero-tariff treatment to 97% of Solomon Islands’ products. In accordance with China’s commitment to zero-tariff treatment for 97% of the products of the least developed countries that have established diplomatic relations with China, starting from February 1, 2021, 97% of the products originating in the Solomon Islands Products are subject to zero tariffs, involving a total of 8281 tax items.
- Gong Zheng, Mayor of Shanghai: During the “14th Five-Year Plan” period, Shanghai will make every effort to strengthen the “four major functions” and continue to enhance the city’s overall strength and energy level. Strengthen the leading function of high-end industries, follow the industrial development policy of “high-end, digital, integration, cluster, and brand”, promote the doubling of the scale of the three leading industries of integrated circuits, biomedicine, and artificial intelligence, and accelerate the development of electronic information, automobiles, high-end equipment, and advanced Six key industries: materials, life and health, and fashion consumer goods, vigorously promote the digitalization of economy, life, and governance.
- Ma Xingrui, Governor of Guangdong Province: In-depth implementation of the “Guangdong Strong Core” initiative to speed up the shortcomings in the fields of integrated circuits, industrial software, and high-end equipment. Accurately implement provincial key areas of research and development plans, major basic research projects, and Guangdong-Hong Kong-Guangdong-Macao science and technology innovation joint funding program, aiming at artificial intelligence, blockchain, quantum technology, life and health, seed science and other cutting-edge fields to strengthen research and development, and accelerate the cultivation of future industries.
- Shanghai Development and Reform Commission: In 2021, Shanghai will issue the “Shanghai Municipality’s Implementation Plan for Accelerating the Development of New Energy Vehicle Industry (2021-2025)” and policies to support the development of the fuel cell vehicle industry, and revise and introduce a new round of implementation to encourage the purchase and use of new energy vehicles The solution is to build 70,000 charging piles. In addition, Shanghai will also strive for mass production of integrated circuits with advanced 12-nanometer technology, promote the pilot application of digital RMB, and promote the settlement of the People’s Bank of China’s financial technology subsidiaries as soon as possible.
- CCTV Finance: In 2020, there will be nearly 5.53 million household air purifiers exported from Shanghai Port alone, a year-on-year increase of 66.3%. The increase in demand for air purifiers by overseas consumers and the decline in production capacity of overseas factories have led to a significant increase in exports. At present, China has become the world’s largest exporter of air purifiers, but from the consumer side, there is still a lot of market space.
- National Energy Group: The National Energy New Energy Industry Investment Fund partnership agreement was signed in Beijing. The overall scale of the fund is 10.02 billion yuan. The main investment directions are wind power, photovoltaic industry, and emerging industries such as hydrogen energy, energy storage, and integrated smart energy. New technology projects. After the fund’s investment and operation, it is expected that about 50 billion yuan of funds will flow to the new energy industry, which can promote the landing of more than 6 million kilowatts of wind power and photovoltaic projects.
- Douyin: The total turnover of the first Douyin New Year Festival was 20.8 billion. During the period, the total number of users watching the live broadcast of Douyin was 14.3 billion, the number of interactive comments exceeded 1.9 billion, and the number of interactive visitors exceeded 320 million. Clothing, jewelry, and cosmetics are the three categories with the highest turnover during the Tik Tok New Year Festival. Among them, down jackets, jade, and facial skin care products are the most popular new year products in their respective categories; the total turnover of intangible cultural heritage handicrafts has increased by 13 times compared with the period of “Double 11”; the sales of dog products are 13% higher than the sales of cat products.
- Washington, DC, the United States: cancel the order prohibiting indoor dining in restaurants, and allow local restaurants to open indoor dining at a 25% indoor occupancy rate. The order came into effect at 5 a.m. Eastern Time on January 22, officially ending the one-month indoor dining ban in Washington, DC to slow the spread of the new crown.
- Shanghai will formulate a city-wide carbon emission peaking action plan, focusing on promoting energy conservation and carbon reduction in key areas such as electricity, steel, and chemical industries and key energy-consuming units to ensure that carbon emissions peak by 2025, five years ahead of the national target. By 2025, Shanghai’s total coal consumption will be controlled at about 43 million tons, and the proportion of total coal consumption in primary energy consumption will drop to about 30%.
- Recently, in South Korea, the services provided by laundromats have gradually diversified, and the business has become more and more popular. The main reason is that people have higher requirements for clothing disinfection. Last year, the number of franchise stores of Korea’s largest self-service laundry chain brand increased to about 700, and the total number of self-service laundry stores in Korea increased to nearly 5,000. This year, it is expected to increase by about 30%.
- A number of electric vehicle brands have intensively issued notices indicating that their products will increase prices across the board, and the price increase has been brewing for a long time. Since May 2020, the purchase price of frames, tires, motors and other parts has continued to rise. Compared with the beginning of last year, the increase in motors, tires, and frames has increased by 20%, plastic parts have increased by 35%, and cable prices have increased. 25%, the production cost of electric vehicle manufacturers generally rose by more than 20%.
- Shanghai Securities News: Solid-state batteries have outstanding safety and energy density advantages and are expected to develop rapidly in the future. Car companies have deployed solid-state batteries, which will promote the iterative upgrade of the lithium battery industry, force the transformation and upgrade of the existing liquid battery system, and promote the continuous iteration of lithium battery process equipment.
- Shanghai Customs: In 2020, Shanghai’s total import and export value reached a record high, reaching 3.48 trillion yuan, an increase of 2.3% over the previous year. Exports were 1.37 trillion yuan, basically the same as the previous year; imports were 2.11 trillion yuan, an increase of 3.8%; the trade deficit was 737.77 billion yuan, an increase of 11.7%.
- Guangzhou Baiyun Airport: In 2020, Baiyun Airport will guarantee a total of 373,400 takeoffs and landings, and the annual passenger throughput will be 43.768 million. It has become the airport with the fastest recovery after the epidemic, the largest domestic passenger flow, and the largest number of takeoffs and landings. Chinese airports surpassed Atlanta Airport, ranking first in annual passenger traffic at global airports for the first time.
Chinese sellers account for 75% of new Amazon sellers.
- The online quality education company Spark Thinking completed a new round of financing with a post-investment valuation of US$1.5 billion. The investment was led by Trust Capital, followed by old shareholders such as Tencent, and Light Source Capital served as the financial advisor. So far, in the past 5 months, Spark Thinking has completed all 3 round E financings, with total financing of more than 400 million US dollars.
- Samsung plans to build a 3-nanometer chip factory in the United States. Samsung recently considered investing US$10 billion to build an advanced chip manufacturing plant in the United States. This move is said to be to keep up with TSMC, which announced plans to expand its business in the United States in 2020. This factory will be Samsung’s third factory using advanced manufacturing technology (EUV lithography) and can produce chips based on the 3nm process.
- The e-cigarette leader Wuxin Technology was listed on the New York Stock Exchange with an opening price of US$22.34, which was more than 86% higher than the issue price. It is worth mentioning that Wuxin Technology is also the first Chinese concept stock to be listed in the United States and on the NYSE in 2021. Fogcore Technology is the largest electronic atomization brand in China and has launched different models of products including First Generation, Alpha, Lingdian, Infinite, and Mirage.
- 190 employees were infected with the new crown. Canada Toronto Logistics Exchange Processing Center is closed!
- The Indian Customs will carry out a system upgrade from February 1 to February 5 to update the fiscal budget policy for 2021-2022. During this period, goods arriving at the port/airport will not be able to clear customs. After the goods arrive at the airport/destination port, the consignee must make a BOE declaration within 24 hours. If the goods are not declared within 24 hours, the customs will charge a fine.
- BOE penalty charge standard: 5000 rupees/day ($68.5) per day for the first 3 days, and 10000 rupees/day ($137) per day from the 4th day.