- Bureau of Statistics: In 2020, GDP will reach 101.6 trillion yuan, surpassing 100 trillion yuan for the first time in history, an increase of 2.3% over 2019. Decreased by 6.8% in Q1, increased by 3.2% in Q2, increased by 4.9% in Q3, and increased by 6.5% in Q4.
- ELEME Takeout: Under the general trend of “staying locally for the New Year”, more convenient semi-finished New Year’s Eve dinners and set meals suitable for 1 to 2 people will better meet the needs of first- and second-tier young consumers.
- In 2020, China’s cross-border e-commerce imports and exports are 1.69 trillion yuan, and in 2020, China’s cross-border e-commerce imports and exports are 1.69 trillion yuan, an increase of 31.1%. Among them, exports were 1.12 trillion yuan, an increase of 40.1%, and imports were 0.57 trillion yuan, an increase of 16.5%. Through the customs cross-border e-commerce management platform, the list of imports and exports reached 2.45 billion, a year-on-year increase of 63.3%.
- The tire industry has started a wave of price increases since July 2020. After entering 2021, the tide of tire price increases will go further. With the advent of the car swap cycle, the auto industry is expected to continue its recovery trend in the next 2 to 3 years, which will also have a catalytic effect on tire price increases.
- Frankfurt Airport, Germany: Affected by the new crown epidemic, the passenger traffic at Frankfurt Airport in 2020 will drop by 73.4% from the previous year to 18.8 million passengers, the lowest since 1984.
- Xinhua News Agency: For the first time in my country, Beidou technology has been used to realize the automation of container terminals. After the transformation, the overall operation efficiency of the container terminal has increased by nearly 20%, the energy consumption per container has been reduced by 20%, and the overall operating cost has been reduced by 10%. Up to now, more than 6.98 million road operating vehicles nationwide have installed the Beidou system, more than 1,300 official ships have installed the Beidou system, and installed the Beidou system on the first transport aircraft, achieving zero breakthroughs.
- In 2020, Xinjiang’s clean energy (wind and solar) power generation reached 84.45 billion kWh, a record high, accounting for about 24% of Xinjiang’s total power generation.
- IResearch: In 2020, China’s e-sports market will reach 140.6 billion yuan, an increase of about 20% compared to 2019.
Forbes: In 2020, Japan’s Nintendo Switch series of game consoles sold 5.9 million units (3.9 million units of the regular version Switch and 2 million units of the Switch Lite.), an increase of 30% year-on-year. Nintendo dominates the Japanese game console market, with sales accounting for 87% in 2020.
- TSMC’s revenue in 2020 was 309.77 billion yuan. TSMC released its fourth-quarter 2020 financial report, and its revenue reached 361.532 billion Taiwan dollars, an increase of 1.43% from the previous quarter and a year-on-year increase of 13.97%. In 2020, revenue for the whole year reached NT$1.339255 billion (about 309.77 billion yuan), a year-on-year increase of 25.2%, and net profit was NT$517.885 billion (about 119.787 billion yuan), a year-on-year increase of 50%. Most of TSMC’s chips are used in mobile phones and high-performance computing products.
- Digitimes: In 2020, global smartphone shipments were only 1.24 billion, a year-on-year decrease of 8.8%. This is already the fourth consecutive year that global smartphone shipments have fallen since 2017. Digitimes said that in Q1 of 2020, when the epidemic is raging, global smartphone shipments have fallen by more than 20% year-on-year.