- Three new strains have been detected in the United States, namely the COVID-19 subspecies B.1.1.7 found in the United Kingdom, the 501Y.V2 strain in South Africa, and the P.1 strain in Brazil. Among them, the British strain has the widest spread, having been found in 32 states in the United States, with 467 infections; the South African strain has appeared in Maryland and South Carolina; the Brazilian strain has landed in Minnesota.
- Import tariffs on agricultural tires in Brazil have been reduced to zero (the import tariffs on two types of agricultural tires, 650/65R and 710/75R, have been reduced to zero. Previously, the commission had reduced the import tariffs on five types of truck tires and some auto parts to zero. zero.)
- Kazakhstan Special Economic Zone will be open to all manufacturing.
- The French Carrefour Group announced on February 3 that it has established long-term Chinese food counters in 250 large supermarkets across France.
- Domestic sales in the Korean auto market exceeded 1.9 million units for the first time, an increase of 6.2% year-on-year.
- 15,000 small and medium enterprises closed in Cambodia last year.
- Global consumer electronics market revenue grows 7% in 2020.
- United States: In January, the number of non-agricultural employment increased by 49,000, which is estimated to increase by 100,000, and the previous value was decreased by 140,000; the unemployment rate was 6.3%, which was estimated at 6.7%, and the previous value was 6.7%.
- The Indian government is planning to increase the tariff on solar inverters from 5% to 20%, and the tax on solar lights from 5% to 15% to stimulate domestic production. The government also proposed to reduce the tariff on semi-steel products to 7.5% in response to the sharp rise in steel prices. In addition, the tariff on lithium-ion batteries will be increased from 0 to 3%. The Indian government stated that the machines, instruments, appliances, components and auxiliary equipment used in the construction of solar power projects that are exempted from tariffs will be revoked.
- On February 4, the annual report issued by the French Electronic Commerce Association (Fevad) showed that in 2020, the volume of French e-commerce transactions reached 112 billion euros, an increase of 8.5% year-on-year. According to reports, French e-commerce transactions accounted for only 9.8% of total retail trade in 2019
- One week before the Spring Festival, the sales of household mahjong machines on Taobao ushered in explosive growth. Mahjong machines have become the most popular item for the Spring Festival in the Year of the Ox, with daily sales increasing by over 130% year-on-year. The purchase volume of Chongqing, Sichuan and Zhejiang ranks among the top three in the country.
- Travel Association: In January, the average daily car sales volume was 66,000, a year-on-year increase of 25% and a month-on-month decrease of 5%. The trend was generally stable.
- Forbes: Announced the list of the top 50 global blockchains in 2021. Seven companies in China were selected, including Baidu, Ant Group, Ping An Group, Tencent, China Construction Bank and Industrial and Commercial Bank of China. American companies such as Facebook, Amazon, Citi, and MasterCard fell off the list.
- Kuaishou was officially listed on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange and closed at HK$300.0, with a total market value of HK$1.23 trillion. Among the top five Chinese Internet companies by market capitalization, the top four are Tencent Holdings, Alibaba, Meituan, and Pinduoduo.
- SpaceX: Falcon 9 launch vehicle with a new set of “Starlink” Internet satellites launched in Florida, USA. This is the 19th group of “star chains” that SpaceX has put into orbit, and it contains 60 satellites. At present, the total number of communication satellites that have been launched has exceeded 1,000.
- China Automobile Association: In January, the sales volume of the automobile industry is expected to be 2.54 million, a year-on-year increase of 31.9%. Among them, passenger vehicle sales are expected to be 2.07 million, a year-on-year increase of 28.4%; commercial vehicle sales are expected to be 480,000, a year-on-year increase of 50.1%.
- CCTV News: Since the launch of the online New Year’s Day on January 20, national online retail sales have exceeded 510 billion yuan, and online catering sales have increased by 40% year-on-year. The sales of New Year’s Eve dinner series products on the online catering platform increased by 96% year-on-year. Among them, the sales of semi-finished products, special new year dishes, and New Year’s Eve dinner increased by 380%, 110% and 70% respectively.
- In January, the three major brands of FAW-Volkswagen had cumulative terminal sales of 242,000 (including imported cars), a year-on-year increase of 27.7%. Among them, the Volkswagen brand sold 140 thousand vehicles, a year-on-year increase of 25.4%; the Audi brand sold 87,000 vehicles (including imported cars), a year-on-year increase of 35.8%, a record high; the Jetta brand sold 14,000 vehicles, a year-on-year increase of 8%.
- In 2020, the scale of new domestic photovoltaic installations will increase by 60% year-on-year, and the installed capacity will be higher than industry expectations. It is expected that the scale of the global photovoltaic market will accelerate in 2021, with a total of 150 to 170 GW of new installed capacity, and a new high in overseas scale. It is estimated that in 2021, the domestic new installed capacity will be about 55 to 65 GW; the entire “14th Five-Year Plan” During this period, the average annual new installed capacity can reach 70 to 90 GW; large-size and high-power products will enter a stage of rapid mass production.
- Counterpoint: In 2021, in the global semiconductor mature process (40nm and below process node) market, TSMC will rank first with a 28% share of foundry capacity; followed by UMC, with a production capacity of 13%; third is SMIC Internationally, its market share is 11%; Samsung Electronics ranks fourth with a 10% share.
- In 2020, Douyin e-commerce GMV exceeded 500 billion yuan, more than three times the same period last year.
- Musk became a stock “carrying man”: After Musk posted a tweet of “I am in Clubhouse at 10 o’clock tonight”, the market value of Agora, the technology service company behind the voice chat software Clubhouse, soared 44%, with the same name as Clubhouse The share price of another unrelated company also soared 116%. In January of this year alone, Musk brought 8 stocks on fire, with a maximum increase of 735%
- Tik Tok became the most profitable non-gaming app: Sensor Tower, a mobile application business intelligence analysis agency, announced the revenue of non-gaming apps in January this year. Tik Tok topped the list with $128 million in revenue, which was 3.8 times the revenue in the same period last year. Among them, 82% of Tik Tok’s income comes from domestic Douyin
- Sports fitness equipment is selling well in the UK. Searches for “protein” and “creatine” surged by 118% and 83%, respectively. Searches for smart watches were also increasing, with searches for “Fitbit” and “Garmin” increasing by 32% and 40%, respectively.
- Tesla: The Shanghai Super Charging Pile Factory was officially completed and put into production, and the third-generation Super Charging Pile (V3) was officially off the assembly line. The initial planned annual production capacity is 10,000 super charging piles, mainly Tesla’s most advanced V3. Previously, Tesla’s super charging piles were imported from the United States.
- Meitu Xiuxiu: Pictures, texts, and short videos are the three most popular carriers for sharing among post-00s. The “photo mode” that retains more facial details is more popular. Beauty-loving young women are still the main user group of Meitu Xiuxiu. The proportion of women in the survey is as high as 81.6%. Post-00s have become one of the main users of Meitu, and the proportion of 16-20 years old is 28.2%.
- JD.com: From January 18th to 31st, the number of orders across the country increased by more than 55% year-on-year, and the volume of personal delivery services in fourth- to sixth-tier cities soared by more than 324% year-on-year. Among them, Fuyang, Yancheng, Shaoguan, Jieyang, Hanzhong, Lu’an, Guilin, Weinan, Hengyang and other places have become the cities with the largest increase in shipment volume.
- PayPal will gradually close its payment business in India. Instead, the company will expand the scale of its existing cross-border trade business for small businesses to gain an important share of the Indian market.