- In order to store the new crown pneumonia vaccine, Japan will purchase 10,500 refrigerators and consider buying a large amount of dry ice. Japan has reached an agreement with Pfizer, AstraZeneca, and Modena to purchase a total of 290 million doses of the new crown vaccine. If each person receives two doses as required, the vaccine purchased by Japan will be enough to vaccinate 145 million people.
- The United Nations Environment Programme released a report stating that by 2100, the global temperature will still rise by about 3.2°C. (PS, some analysts believe that a 3°C increase in global temperature will lead to the extinction of a large number of organisms and make many parts of the world no longer suitable for human habitation. There are still 275 million people living in areas that will face floods due to rising sea levels.)
- China has become the main export market for Argentine mutton. From January to October, Argentina exported about 3,900 tons of mutton overseas, an increase of 38% year-on-year.
Zimbabwe will ban the import of second-hand cars that are more than 10 years old.
- Pakistan cancels the 5% import regulatory tariff on cotton.
- The Vietnam Aquatic Products Processing Export Association predicts that in 2020 the export value of aquatic products is expected to reach US$8.58 billion.
- Singapore will invest US$1.84 million in research on the development of blockchain technology.
- Bureau of Statistics: In 2020, the total national grain output was 0.67 billion tons, an increase of 5.65 million tons over the previous year, and the output remained above 650billion tons for six consecutive years.
- In November, the total domestic mobile phone market shipments were 29.584 million units, a year-on-year decrease of 15.1%; from January to November, the total domestic mobile phone market shipments totaled 281 million units, a year-on-year decrease of 21.5%. Among them, the shipment of 5G mobile phones in November was 20,136,600, accounting for 68.1% of shipments in the same period; the shipment of domestic brand mobile phones in November was 22.68 million, a year-on-year decrease of 27.7% and accounting for 76.7% of the shipments of mobile phones in the same period.
- From the perspective of the sales of the integrated circuit design industry, the sales in 2020 are expected to be 381.94 billion yuan, an increase of 23.8% over 2019.
- In Q3, China’s smart home equipment market shipped approximately 51.12 million units, a year-on-year decrease of 2.5%. The markets for home security monitoring, smart lighting and smart temperature control all continued to grow rapidly, with shipments increasing by 28.6%, 110.5%, and 337.5% year-on-year respectively.
- In November, the export volume of disposable fast food packaging increased by 171% year-on-year, and the number of orders increased by 122% year-on-year, an increase of 8 months in a row. The largest market for one-time fast food packaging exports this year is North America, dominated by the United States, Canada, and Mexico, accounting for nearly 40% of total exports. The Middle East region grew extremely fast, with Saudi Arabia increasing by 110% year-on-year and the UAE by 135%.
- TSMC: In November, sales of US$4.43 billion, an increase of 16%. From January to November, sales amounted to US$43.39billion, a year-on-year increase of 26.4%.
- In the first 11 months of this year, China’s shipbuilding new orders totaled 6.67 million compensated gross tonnages (CGT), accounting for approximately 46% of the world market share, ranking first in the world.
- Facebook may request the divestiture of assets including Instagram and WhatsApp, thereby splitting the company.
Airbnb landed on the Nasdaq market value, the valuation will reach US$47 billion, is expected to become the largest IPO in the US market in 2020.
- The main iron ore contract was reported at USD$155 /ton, an increase of 4.38% and a record high.