- World Semiconductor Trade Statistics Organization: In 2021, the semiconductor market will grow by 8.4% year-on-year, reaching US$469.4 billion, a record high.
- According to a Strategy Analytics survey, in Q3 global shipments of connected TV devices (including smart TVs, streaming media devices and game consoles) reached 81.3 million units, a year-on-year increase of 19%. After the decline, the market experienced a strong recovery. Despite the severe economic situation, overall sales of connected TV equipment this year are expected to increase by 7% over last year.
- Dell has become the most trusted brand in India for two consecutive years, followed by Xiaomi Mobile in second place and Samsung Mobile in third place. The other brands in the top ten are iPhone, LG TV, Chinese mobile phone brand Oppo, Sony Entertainment, car manufacturer Maruti Suzuki, Samsung TV, and China’s Vivo mobile phone.
- At 22:00 on December 2, the lunar exploration project Chang’e-5 probe successfully completed the automatic sampling and storage job on the lunar surface.
- China’s AIDS vaccine may start phase III trials next year
- It is estimated that the number of connected cars in the world will be close to 74 million in 2025, among which the number of connected cars in China will reach 28 million. In terms of autonomous driving, as of June, about 282 autonomous driving road test licenses have been issued in 17 cities across the country.
- It is estimated that the market size of China’s pet industry will reach 200 billion from 2024 to 2025, which is double the market size of 93 billion in 2019. The pet food industry market is expected to be 120 billion. The number of pet cats and dogs in my country’s urban areas increased from 87.46 million in 2017 to 99.15 million in 2019, with an average annual growth rate of 28.5%.
- The Ministry of Industry and Information Technology reported that in the first three quarters, my country’s software industry completed a software business revenue of US892m, an increase of 11.3% year-on-year, and the growth rate dropped 3.9% from the same period last year. In quarterly terms, the growth rate of industry-wide software business revenue in the Q1, Q2 and Q3 was -6.2%, 17.1%, and 19.3%, respectively, showing an upward trend quarter by quarter; the industry achieved a total profit of US$107.9bn, a year-on-year increase of 7.0%. The speed increased by 5.7 percentage points compared with the first half of the year.
- In 2020, the shipment scale of China’s gaming monitors is expected to be about 3.69 million units, a year-on-year increase of 45%, and the growth rate is slower than in 2019, but the annual increase will still maintain an annual level of more than 1 million units.
- In 2019, China Chaowan’s retail market size is about US$3.16bn, and it is expected that the market size of China Chaowan will increase to US$11.65bn in 2024.
- In November, my country’s heavy-duty truck market is expected to sell approximately 128,000 vehicles of various types, a decrease of 7% from the previous month and a year-on-year increase of 26%. From January to November, the total sales of various types of vehicles in the heavy truck market amounted to approximately 1.52 million vehicles, a year-on-year increase of 39%.
- In 2020, the revenue of IP-adapted mobile games exceeded US$15.27bn for the first time, and the core users exceeded 150 million. In 2020, a number of IP-adapted mobile games developed by Chinese companies such as “Peace Elite” and “Call of Duty Mobile Games” have earned more than one billion yuan in revenue in overseas regions. IP products have become an important layout for Chinese game companies to expand the global market.
- The gross enrollment rate of higher education in China has increased from 40.0% in 2015 to 51.6% in 2019, and the total number of students has reached 40.02 million, and the world’s largest higher education system has been established.
- As one of the main competitors of Huawei and Apple in the Chinese smartphone market, Xiaomi is significantly increasing the number of parts orders next year. Xiaomi has been negotiating with suppliers to order parts for up to 240 million mobile phones. This amount not only exceeds Xiaomi’s output this year, but also exceeds the average annual shipment of Apple’s iPhone. This means that Xiaomi has set a goal to surpass Huawei next year.
- Ideal ONE delivered 4646 vehicles in November, an increase of 25.8% from the previous month, setting a new record for monthly deliveries. From January to November, the ideal ONE has delivered 26,498 vehicles. In terms of output, the monthly output of Ideal ONE in November exceeded 5,000, and the number of new orders exceeded the monthly output.
- In November, Weimar Motors sold 3,018 vehicles, a surge of 174.6% year-on-year, achieving a “nine consecutive increase” from the previous month. From January to November, the cumulative sales of Weimar EX5 reached nearly 20,000 units, a year-on-year increase of nearly 30%. Since the start of delivery in September 2018, the cumulative sales of the Weimar EX5, the first pure-electric SUV under Weimar Motors, has exceeded 40,000, and it has consistently ranked first among new car-building forces in single-model sales.
- Apple Watch total shipments reached 11.8 million units, an increase of nearly 75% from the 6.8 million units in Q3 of last year. It is estimated that Apple Watch accounted for 21.6% of the market share of global wrist wearable devices last quarter.
- It is in advanced negotiations on the sale of its air taxi business “Uber Elevate” to aerospace company Joby Aviation.
- Audi has increased its investment in the realization of the 2025 electric plan, with a total investment of approximately 35 billion euros in the next five years.
- In November, BYD’s sales volume was 53,943 vehicles, a year-on-year increase of 30.6%; new energy vehicles sold 26,690 vehicles, a year-on-year increase of 137.9%. From January to November, the cumulative sales volume was 418,000, a year-on-year decrease of 11.37%.
Market dynamics (price )
- Since September, more than 40 tire companies have successively issued price increase notices. In addition to major domestic tire manufacturers such as Zhongce, Fengshen, Linglong, Zhengxin, and Doublestar, foreign tire companies such as Hankook and Jiatong have also begun to increase prices, with a cumulative price increase of more than 5%. According to the industry, the price of raw materials increased by more than 20% in the second half of the year compared with the first half.
- China’s lithium carbonate price increases by $600~800/ton
- Starting from December 2nd, on the basis of the current sales price of titanium dioxide, the sales price for domestic customers will be increased by US$95/ton, and the export price for international customers will be increased by USD$100/ton.