- The 2023 government work report: The main expected goals for this year’s development are: GDP growth of about 5%; new urban employment of about 12 million people; surveyed urban unemployment rate of about 5.5%; consumer price growth of about 3%; residents’ income growth basically keep pace with economic growth; promote the stability and quality of imports and exports, and basically balance the balance of payments; maintain grain output at more than 1.3 trillion catties; continue to decline in energy consumption per unit of GDP and emissions of major pollutants, and focus on controlling fossil energy consumption , The quality of the ecological environment has been steadily improved.
- 2023 Government Work Report: Strengthen domestic exploration and development of important energy and mineral resources and increase reserves and production; accelerate the digital transformation of traditional industries and small and medium-sized enterprises, and focus on improving the level of high-end, intelligent, and green; Vigorously develop the digital economy, improve the level of normalized supervision, and support the development of the platform economy.
- 2023 Government Work Report: Develop rural characteristic industries and broaden channels for farmers to increase their income and become rich.
- Central Meteorological Observatory: It is expected that from March 9th to 12th, a strong cold air will invade my country from west to east, there will be sand and dust weather in Northwest and North China, and there will be large-scale rainfall in the South. The temperature drop in the area can reach 10-16 ℃.
- Global Times: In 2023, China’s defense budget will be about 1,553.7 billion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 7.2%, an increase of 0.1% over last year, and a single-digit growth for eight consecutive years.
- CLFP （China Federation of Logistics & Purchasing中物联): China’s commodity index rose to 102.8% in February, the highest in nearly five months.
- Jiangsu Provincial Department of Agriculture and Rural Affairs: Starting this year, the three-year action plan for the construction of major agricultural and rural projects will be launched, focusing on the three directions of intensive processing, new industries and new formats, and high technology, focusing on stable production and supply, technological self-improvement, and digital agriculture. In one aspect, it is planned to build 300 provincial-level demonstration projects and 3,000 high-quality major projects in three years, driving new investment in agriculture and rural areas by 1 trillion yuan.
- Shijiazhuang Subway: As long as passengers shop at designated stores or 36524 convenience stores in the subway station, they can get a ticket for the same day, and can take the subway once for free with unlimited mileage. If you buy several commodities and pay separately, you can get multiple small tickets, which can realize multiple free subway rides for many people on the same day.
- STCN: As of March 5, the total size of ETFs has increased by more than 15.4 billion yuan this year; the net asset value of ETFs has reached a new high, with a year-on-year increase of nearly 20%. At the same time, 10 new ETF products have been established since February. Technology ETFs represented by the digital economy performed well during the year.
- Liu Qingfeng, Chairman of HKUST Xunfei: build an innovation system with leading enterprises as the main body of industry-university-research cooperation; actively promote the industry demonstration application and large-scale value landing of large-scale cognitive intelligence models in the fields of education, medical care, office, human-computer interaction and AIGC; Increase investment in the construction of a public computing power platform, build a national data resource platform, and encourage industry funds to refer to the new investment agreement model of shareholders such as OpenAI and Microsoft.
- Foxconn: In February, revenue reached NT$402.035 billion, a month-on-month decrease of 39.12% and a year-on-year decrease of 11.65%.
Stability AI, the UK-based open-source artificial intelligence business that is the parent company of Stable Diffusion, an AI text-to-image model, is seeking to raise funding at a valuation of nearly $4 billion.
- Lianyungang Port Holding Group: Jiangsu Huadian Ganyu LNG Receiving Terminal Project Wharf Construction Ceremony was held in Ganyu Port Area of Lianyungang Port. The construction of the test section of the terminal project started, marking the official start of construction of the first LNG terminal in Lianyungang City. It is understood that the Ganyu LNG receiving station project has a total investment of 6.5 billion yuan, and after completion, it can export about 4.2 billion cubic meters of natural gas every year.
- Hong Kong-listed Pacific Basin Shipping announced its 2022 financial report. The annual operating income was US$3.282 billion, a year-on-year increase of 10.4%; the profit before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization (EBITDA) was US$935 million, a year-on-year increase of 5.1%; the current profit was US$715 million, a year-on-year increase of 2.3%.
- Musk officially announced that the Tesla Gigafactory will be located in Mexico.
- Recently, Bayer announced its 2022 performance. Annual revenue was 50.739 billion euros, a year-on-year increase of 15.1%; net profit was 4.150 billion euros, compared with 1.000 billion euros in the same period last year; core earnings per share were 7.94 euros, compared with 6.51 euros in the same period last year.
- OPPO: At the MWC2023 exhibition held in Barcelona, OPPO officially released a new generation of smart glasses OPPO Air Glass 2, which uses the world’s first resin diffractive optical waveguide lens developed by OPPO and weighs only 38g. Users can directly use OPPO Air Glass 2 to check the weather, schedule, sports health status
- Pan American Health Organization: The overall incidence of dengue fever has shown an upward trend in many Latin American countries recently. Since 2023, the number of cases of dengue fever in some countries in Central America, the Andean region, and Caribbean countries including Cuba and Dominica has increased. Experts said that climate warming and increased rainfall in recent years are the main factors leading to the high incidence of dengue fever in Latin America and the Caribbean.
- Mohammad Hadi Ahmadi, an official of Iran’s Ministry of Industry, Mines and Trade, said that a huge lithium deposit was discovered for the first time in Hamadan Province in the west of the country, and it is reported that the lithium ore reserve is nearly 8.5 million tons. Investors are getting ready and the mine will start up within the next two years. Other lithium discoveries are expected in the province.
- Minister of State for Electronics and Information Technology of India: Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi stated that India will play an important role in the global electronics supply chain and has set a goal of manufacturing 300 billion US dollars of electronic products by 2026. From next year, mobile phones will be among the top 10 categories of Indian exports. India will soon have a comprehensive semiconductor ecosystem including design, packaging, manufacturing and production. A new Digital India Act will be enacted shortly.
- Statistics released by the Brazilian Bureau of Geography and Statistics show that the country’s gross domestic product (GDP) reached 9.9 trillion reals (1 US dollar equals 5.2 reals) in 2022, an increase of 2.9% over the previous year. Last year’s economic growth was mainly driven by the service industry.
- South Korea: According to data released by the Ministry of Industry, Trade and Energy, South Korea’s exports in February decreased by 7.5% year-on-year, while imports increased by 3.6% year-on-year. The trade balance has been in deficit for 12 consecutive months since March last year. The fifth straight monthly decline was largely due to weakening global demand for semiconductors due to a slowing economy.
- National Statistics Office of Korea: Last year, among the 226 grassroots autonomous organizations (cities, counties, districts) plus Sejong City and Jeju Island, a total of 228 districts, 136 districts (59.6%) had fewer than 1,000 newborns. As of the end of 2018, the number of kindergartens in South Korea was 39,171, which fell to 30,923 at the end of last year. In 4 years, the number of kindergartens decreased by 8248 (21.1%).
- Nigeria’s credit rating was downgraded by Moody’s. A few days ago, the international rating agency Moody’s said in a statement that it has downgraded the long-term deposit ratings, issuer ratings and senior unsecured debt ratings (if applicable) of nine Nigerian banks from B3 to Caa1 to reflect its commitment to government finances. And the debt situation is expected to continue to deteriorate.