- data.ai: In 2022, global users’ spending on dating apps increased by about 11% year-on-year, and downloads and usage time increased by 19% and 14% year-on-year, respectively. In 2022, the global downloads of dating apps hit a record high, with 1.9 billion first-time installs; users will spend nearly a record $6 billion on global dating apps, and use them for 10 billion hours.
- SensorTower: As the impact of the epidemic on the global mobile market recedes, global mobile game revenue fall back to US$78.8 billion for the first time in 2022, a year-on-year decrease of nearly 9%, but still 25% higher than 2019 revenue. It is expected that the global mobile game revenue will return to the rising channel in 2023, and the predicted revenue in 2027 will exceed 92 billion US dollars.
- Bank of America: With the development of generative AI, it is expected to bring an annual output value increase of US$20 billion to the entire AI chip market by 2027. In addition, in the AI chip market, Nvidia is expected to maintain at least a 65% share.
- According to data from the World Gold Council, more than 70% of gold consumers are young people aged 25-35, and the willingness to buy gold jewelry among people aged 18-24 rise from 16% in 2016 to 59% in 2021. For young people, buying gold not only values the investment attribute of gold, but also pays attention to the decorative attribute of gold.
- Silicon Industry Branch of China Nonferrous Metals Industry Association: This week, domestic industrial silicon prices remained stable overall. Among them, the mainstream price of metallurgical grade is 17,300-18,100 yuan/ton; the mainstream price of chemical grade is 18,700-19,000 yuan/ton.
- Ministry of Industry and Information Technology: In 2022, China’s lithium-ion battery production increased by more than 130% year-on-year, and the industry’s total output value exceeded 1.2 trillion yuan. The output of China’s lithium-ion battery industry continues to grow rapidly, and the scale of the industry continues to expand. In 2022, the national output of lithium-ion batteries reach 750 GWh, a year-on-year increase of more than 130%, of which the output of energy storage lithium batteries exceed 100 GWh.
- Foreign Exchange Bureau: In January, the total turnover of China’s foreign exchange market was 14.29 trillion yuan. Among them, the turnover of the bank-to-customer market was 2.62 trillion yuan, and the turnover of the inter-bank market was 11.67 trillion yuan; the cumulative turnover of the spot market was 5.69 trillion yuan, and the cumulative turnover of the derivatives market was 8.60 trillion yuan.
- Ministry of Science and Technology: AI will be regarded as a strategic emerging industry and a new growth engine, and will continue to give strong support. ChatGPT itself is a big model, that is, big data, big computing power, and strong algorithms. For any new technology, including AI technology, our country has taken some corresponding measures in terms of ethics, seeking advantages and avoiding disadvantages in the development of science and technology, so that “benefits” can be better played.
- Shanghai: In 2023, Shanghai will continue to implement new energy vehicle replacement subsidies. Before June 30, individual consumers who scrap or transfer passenger cars registered in Shanghai and meet relevant standards and purchase pure electric vehicles will be given 10,000 yuan per car . For new energy vehicles purchased between January 1 and December 31, the vehicle purchase tax will continue to be exempted.
- Changzhou City, Jiangsu Province: The lower limit of the first-home loan interest rate has been reduced from 4.1% to 3.8% since February 25.
- Ningxia: On the morning of February 24, the integrated computing power service platform of East and West Computing was released in Yinchuan, Ningxia, and officially launched.
- The Rating and Valuation Department of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region Government: The private residential price index in January was 336.1 %, a monthly increase of about 0.6%, ending the 7 consecutive months of decline.
- Netflix: Cut subscription prices in more than 30 countries as it looks to maintain subscriber growth amid growing competition. Price cuts range from 20% to 45% in most countries. The price cut could affect more than 10 million users, about 4% of the number of users.
- Caijingcomcn: It is reported that NIO Automobile plans to build a new battery factory in Hefei City, Anhui Province, with a planned production capacity of 4 billion kWh.
- Japan’s Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications: As the sharp rise in imported commodity prices continued to be passed on downstream, the CPI excluding fresh food in January rose 4.2% year-on-year to 104.3, the highest increase since September 1981. The most important factors pushing up prices that month were rising food and energy prices.
- United States: In January, the core PCE price index rose by 4.7% year-on-year, the previous value was 4.4%, and the month-on-month increase was 0.6%, and the previous value was 0.3%, the largest increase since August 2022; The biggest increase since March.
- United Kingdom: Many supermarkets have imposed restrictions on the purchase of vegetables such as tomatoes and peppers. After the Russia-Ukraine conflict, energy prices in the UK, especially electricity prices, soared, causing many British farmers to abandon the practice of using greenhouses to grow fresh vegetables and fruits, and had to rely more on imports.
- South Korea: According to data provided by the Korean Ministry of Employment and Labor and other industry sources, in the second half of last year, there were 132,000 vacancies in manufacturing facilities with 5 or more workers, more than double the 58,500 in 2019. Manufacturing vacancies could reach 300,000 by 2030.