- South Korea: In 2022, the trade deficit was US$47.2 billion, a record high; exports was US$683.9 billion, a year-on-year increase of 6.1%; imports was US$731.2 billion, a year-on-year increase of 18.9%.
- DSCC: Although the foldable market will stagnate in the fourth quarter of 2022, it still is a bright spot in the smartphone and display market. In 2023, foldable mobile phone shipments will increase by 33%, reaching 17 million units.
- New Consumer Daily: At present, the supply of antipyretic drugs（退烧药）, Lianhua Qingwen(莲花清瘟), N95 masks, antigen self-test kits, thermometers（体温计）, oxygen generators（制氧机）, alcohol disinfectants and other commodities on Taobao Tmall is fully restored.
- According to data released by the National Film Administration, the total national movie box office in 2022 is 30.067 billion yuan, of which domestic movies have a box office of 25.511 billion yuan, accounting for 84.85% of the total box office; the number of moviegoers in urban theaters throughout the year is 712 million.
- Wang Xinyu, deputy director of the Department of Infectious Diseases at Huashan Hospital affiliated to Fudan University, said that the pathogenicity of XBB, BQ.1, and BQ.1.1 is similar to that of the previous strains, but the immune escape ability has increased. As a result, the resulting virus could spread faster than before.
- Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region Medical Security Bureau: Starting from January 1, oral implant medical service items will be included in the payment scope of Inner Mongolia medical insurance, covering 22 dental medical service items such as implant placement, implant crown restoration, and intraoral bone grafting. The whole-process control target for the price of a single conventional dental implant medical service in a tertiary medical institution in Hohhot is 3660 yuan.
- Ministry of Transport: In 2022, the shipping throughput of the Three Gorges Dam is 159.8 million tons, a year-on-year increase of 6.12%, setting a record high. Among them, the throughput of the Three Gorges ship lock was 156.18 million tons, an increase of 6.65% year-on-year, exceeding 56% of its design capacity; the throughput of the Gezhouba Dam ship lock was 163.37 million tons, a year-on-year increase of 6.24%. The “big power” of the two dam hubs fully releases the navigation benefits of the hub.
- CCTV News: The verification flight of the world’s first domestically-made large aircraft C919 officially started at 8:30 am on January 1. This is the ninth verification flight of the C919 since December 26, 2022, and it will also be the first flight in the New Year in 2023. It is reported that the C919 will have a total of 100 hours of verification flights.
- Musk, the CEO of Tesla and Twitter, became the first person in history to lose $200 billion in net worth as Tesla’s stock price plummeted.
- Shanghai Port Group: The container throughput of Shanghai Port in 2022 will exceed the 47.3 million TEU (TEU) mark, ranking first in the world for the 13th consecutive year.
- Li Automobile(理想汽车): In December 2022, a total of 21,233 new cars were delivered, once again setting a record for the highest delivery in a single month, with a year-on-year increase of 50.7%. In the fourth quarter, a total of 46,319 vehicles were delivered, a year-on-year increase of 31.5% in the fourth quarter of 2021. From January to December 2022, a total of 133,246 vehicles will be delivered, a year-on-year increase of 47.2%.
- XiaoPeng Motors(小鹏汽车): In December 2022, a total of 11,292 units were delivered, a month-on-month increase of 94%, returning to the level of 10,000 units. Among them, G9 exceeded 4,000 units for the first time, reaching 4,020 units, an increase of 160% month-on-month. The cumulative delivery volume in 2022 was 120,757 units, an increase of 23% compared to 2021.
- NIO（蔚来汽车）: In December 2022, 15,815 new cars were delivered, a year-on-year increase of 50.8%, and a month-on-month increase of 1,637 units, setting a new monthly delivery high; among them, the delivery volume of ET7, ES7, and ET5 of the second-generation technology platform increased to 13,127 units, accounting for the largest share of the month. The total number of deliveries was 83%. In the fourth quarter, a total of 40,052 new cars were delivered, a year-on-year increase of 60%. In the whole year of 2022, a total of 122,000 new cars were delivered, a year-on-year increase of 34%.
- Samsung Electronics: Consider launching a new business model, high-end memory chip rental service, seeking to ensure stable sales and revenue flow even when prices become volatile. It hopes the new business will account for at least 10% of its overall sales of dynamic random access memory (DRAM).