- Fiber optic cable(光缆): EU conducts anti-dumping investigation. On December 8, in response to the application filed by Europacable on October 28, 2022, the EU launched an anti-dumping investigation on Optical Fiber Cables originating in China. The EU CN (Combined Nomenclature) code of the involved product is ex 8544 70 00 (the EU TARIC code is 8544 70 00 10). The anti-dumping investigation period of this case is from October 1, 2021 to September 30, 2022.
- Kazakhstan: It is planned to impose export tariffs on sunflower seeds in January 2023 in exchange for domestic edible oil producers signing a memorandum with the Ministry of Agriculture to ensure that the average annual price of sunflower oil does not exceed 750 tenge per liter（≈USD1.6/L）.
- Indonesia: From January to September, the export value of toys reached 383 million US dollars, an increase of 29.83%. There are 131 large and medium-sized toy companies in Indonesia. The main export destinations are the United States, Singapore, the United Kingdom, China and Germany. The most exported toys are dolls, plush toys and miniature models.
- UK: Unemployment rate rises to 3.7%, inflation has reached the highest level in 40 years.
- Philippines: Farmers group urges president to cautiously join RCEP . However, the Philippine government’s economic management department tends to continue the trade liberalization agenda, and plans to extend the validity of the government’s Executive Order No. 171 until the end of December 2023, that is, to solve the problem of rising prices of Philippine pork, rice and corn by reducing import tariffs.
- November volumes at the Port of Los Angeles were down 21% from a year earlier, handling just 639,344 TEUs.
- YML （阳明海运）announced its results, and its revenue fell by 43.13% year-on-year. Recently, YML announced its results. In November this year, it achieved operating income of NT$19.611 billion (approximately US$624 million), a year-on-year decrease of 43.13% and a month-on-month decrease of 18.25%, slightly lower than the revenue in January 2021.
- Ctrip Group’s（携程） net revenue was 6.9 billion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 29%. On the 15th, Ctrip Group announced its financial results for the third quarter ending September 30, 2022. The financial report shows that in the third quarter of 2022, the net operating income will be 6.9 billion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 29%, and the net profit will be 245 million yuan; the adjusted EBITDA will be 1.4 billion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 164%.
- Japan’s major homebuilders will have to install solar panels on all new homes built in Tokyo after April 2025 to reduce household carbon emissions.
- TrendForce: In the third quarter, under the influence of negative factors such as the Ukraine-Russia conflict, the epidemic, inflationary pressure, and customer inventory adjustments, the revenue of the top ten IC design companies in the world reached US$37.38 billion in the third quarter, a decrease of 5.3% from the previous quarter. The top four rankings are Qualcomm, Broadcom, Nvidia and AMD.
- General Office of the State Council: Printing and distributing the “14th Five-Year Plan” modern logistics development plan, and developing special logistics（特种物流） in a safe and orderly manner. Improve the supporting service capabilities of modern logistics for large-scale equipment manufacturing and large-scale engineering project construction, and promote the formation of a comprehensive network of large-scale logistics with coordinated development of multiple modes of transportation. Improve the socialized service system of pharmaceutical logistics, cultivate and expand third-party pharmaceutical logistics enterprises. Promote the improvement of logistics quality, efficiency and cost reduction, and promote the cost reduction of the whole chain.
- Galaxy Securities: Since the beginning of this year, the state’s approval of new nuclear power projects has accelerated significantly. So far, China has approved 5 nuclear power projects and 10 nuclear power units this year, a record high in recent years.
- According to the blue paper “China Nuclear Energy Development Report (2022)中国核能发展报告(2022)” recently released by the China Nuclear Energy Industry Association, it is expected that during the “14th Five-Year Plan” period, China will maintain the pace of approved start-up of 6 to 8 nuclear power units per year, and the scale of nuclear power installed capacity will be further expanded. volume will increase substantially. It is estimated that by 2035, the proportion of nuclear power generation in China’s power structure will reach about 10%; by 2060, the proportion of nuclear power generation in China’s power structure will reach about 20%.
- IDC: It is expected that China’s mobile phone market shipments will decline by 0.9% year-on-year in 2023, and the decline will narrow; 2024 is expected to usher in a rebound.
- Bureau of Statistics: In November, the added value of industrial（工业） enterprises above designated size actually increased by 2.2% year-on-year, down 0.31% month-on-month; the total retail sales of consumer goods was 3,861.5 billion yuan, down 5.9% year-on-year, and the national surveyed urban unemployment rate was 5.7%, up 0.2 points from the previous month Percentage points; from January to November, the national fixed asset investment (excluding rural households) was 52004.3 billion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 5.3%.
- Statistics Bureau: From January to November, the national real estate （地产）development investment was 12,386.3 billion yuan, a year-on-year decrease of 9.8%; the housing construction area of real estate development companies was 8,968.57 million square meters, a year-on-year decrease of 6.5%; the newly started housing area was 1,116.32 million square meters, a decrease of 38.9%. The sales area of commercial housing was 1,212.5 million square meters, a year-on-year decrease of 23.3%, and the sales volume of commercial housing was 1,1864.8 billion yuan, a decrease of 26.6%. At the end of November, the area of commercial housing for sale was 552.03 million square meters, a year-on-year increase of 10.0%.
- Statistics Bureau: From January to November, the production of raw coal （原煤）was 4.09 billion tons, an increase of 9.7% year-on-year; the production of crude oil （原油）was 16.78 million tons, an increase of 2.9% year-on-year; the production of natural gas（天然气） was 18.9 billion cubic meters, an increase of 8.6% year-on-year; the output of crude steel was 935.11 million tons, a year-on-year increase of 2.9%; A decrease of 1.4%.
- Bureau of Statistics: From January to November, the total retail sales of consumer goods （社会消费品零售总额）was 39919 billion yuan, a year-on-year decrease of 0.1%. Among them, the retail sales of consumer goods other than automobiles were 35,849 billion yuan, a decrease of 0.2%.
- Energy Bureau: From January to November, the total electricity consumption of the whole society（全社会用电量）was 7,858.8 billion kwh, a year-on-year increase of 3.5%. In terms of industries, the electricity consumption of the primary industry was 105.1 billion kwh, a year-on-year increase of 9.7%; the electricity consumption of the secondary industry was 5,186 billion kwh, a year-on-year increase of 1.5%; the electricity consumption of the tertiary industry was 1,357.6 billion kwh, a year-on-year increase of 4.1% %. In November, the electricity consumption of the whole society was 682.8 billion kwh, a year-on-year increase of 0.4%.
- SAFE: In November, banks settled （结汇）1,330.4 billion yuan in foreign exchange and sold （售汇）1,375.4 billion yuan in foreign exchange, with a surplus of 45 billion yuan in foreign exchange settlement and sales. From January to November, banks accumulated foreign exchange settlement of 15,777.6 billion yuan, cumulative foreign exchange sales of 15,134.4 billion yuan, and a cumulative surplus of 643.2 billion yuan in foreign exchange settlement and sales.
- Economic View(中新经纬) ：In the context of the global economic downturn leading to a cold market for memory chips, Samsung Electronics’ DRAM sales in the third quarter fell by 34.2% from the previous quarter. Based on sales, the market share of DRAM in the third quarter was 41%, a decrease of 2.7 percentage points from the previous quarter, the lowest level in eight years since the third quarter of 2014.
- Air China（中国国航）: In November, passenger transport capacity investment decreased by 26.2% year-on-year and 11.3% month-on-month; passenger turnover decreased by 22.7% year-on-year and 14.2% month-on-month. The average passenger load factor was 62.1%, a year-on-year increase of 2.8 percentage points and a quarter-on-quarter decrease of 2.1 percentage points.
- i Maotai（i 茅台）: On the morning of December 15, the number of registered users of the i Maotai APP exceeded 30 million. It took more than 200 days from the first day of trial operation to over 5 million registered users, to over 19 million within 100 days of launch, and then to over 30 million. The average number of daily subscription users exceeds 3 million, the number of daily active users is nearly 4 million, and the cumulative number of reservations is nearly 1.9 billion.
- Octopus Energy Group( 章鱼能源集团): has signed a power purchase agreement with Shell Energy to purchase 2.4TWh of electricity per year from its offshore wind farm. The long-term agreement covers the electricity needs of around 24% of the current customer base, or about 800,000 households, and is expected to be supplied for the first time in 2024.
- Alibaba International Station(阿里巴巴国际站) released the top ten products for 2022, including electric blankets（电热毯）, household solar energy（家用太阳能）, laser cutting machinery（激光切割机械）, charging piles（充电桩）, World Cup peripherals（世界杯周边）, and camping tents（露营帐篷）,etc.
- The price of second-hand energy-saving home appliances(节能家电二手产品) on eBay has skyrocketed several times. A few days ago, according to the British media LBC, heated clothes drying racks(加热式晾衣架)and air fryers(空气炸锅) are the most popular energy-saving household appliances in the UK. Studies have shown that they can reduce energy consumption to half that of other equipment.
- US: The Federal Reserve announced a 50 basis point rate hike.
- Japan’s Ministry of Finance announced the initial value of trade statistics in November, showing that the trade balance of exports minus imports was a deficit of 2.0274 trillion yen, or about 104 billion yuan.
- Cambodia: Joint financing mechanism supports the development of small and medium-sized enterprises.